Notices
Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

Bad Speed Shops BS!!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2004, 07:59 PM
lake_villa

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down Bad Speed Shops BS!!!!!!!!!!!

Here goes nothin

My stillen exhaust has multiple breaks at the weld points. I had the exhaust removed to send back. The exhaust can not be broken down becuase the u claps were locked down where it cripped the tubing. The Nissan dealer didn't want to break it apart because they did not want to damage it. The speed shop who installed it can't get it apart either. Stillen won't pay for shipping unless it is taken apart. Stillen and the speed shop say they will weld the bad joints. This solution came after weeks of phone calls. So I bought a new exhaust. Stillen says that they are not responsible for the install. The same speed shop installed a nitrous system that cut a large grove into my hood with the placement of the fogger. Now it seems I am out of $1100 for an exhaust and a hood replacement that if they did a stock replacement and matched the paint $700.

I even compromised on the hood and agreed to pay half for a carbon fiber hood. Which I think was more than fair. But since this new development I really think they need to do better.
Old 03-25-2004, 02:02 AM
teh215

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

What the heck are you talking about????
Old 03-25-2004, 02:33 AM
aalzuhair

what!!!
Old 03-27-2004, 01:08 AM
lake_villa

I saying be carefull of speed shops that will easily take your money but won't back-up their work and them blame the manufacturer of the part return policy. Basically hack boys.

And what would you do in this situation.
Old 03-27-2004, 03:07 AM
reallyredZ

Another reason to do the install yourself.
Anywhere from 50-100 bucks an hour to do an install? Hell no. I would expect an amazing job with that kind of money.
Old 03-28-2004, 04:06 PM
ssk0771

Default Re: Bad Speed Shops BS!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by lake_villa
Here goes nothin

My stillen exhaust has multiple breaks at the weld points. I had the exhaust removed to send back. The exhaust can not be broken down becuase the u claps were locked down where it cripped the tubing. The Nissan dealer didn't want to break it apart because they did not want to damage it. The speed shop who installed it can't get it apart either. Stillen won't pay for shipping unless it is taken apart. Stillen and the speed shop say they will weld the bad joints. This solution came after weeks of phone calls. So I bought a new exhaust. Stillen says that they are not responsible for the install. The same speed shop installed a nitrous system that cut a large grove into my hood with the placement of the fogger. Now it seems I am out of $1100 for an exhaust and a hood replacement that if they did a stock replacement and matched the paint $700.

I even compromised on the hood and agreed to pay half for a carbon fiber hood. Which I think was more than fair. But since this new development I really think they need to do better.

I had a very though time uninstalling Stillen Exhaust also. I had to take it out of my old Z and install it on my new Z. I had to take it to a muffler shop and it was a real B!tch. I took 2 guys about 30-45 min heating & hammering it to get the pipe out of the area where U Clamp was. Luckly, the muffler shop was very careful and did not damage the Exhaust Piping. They were very experianced.

If you were here in So Cal, you could have taken it to Tonys Muffler shop in Whittier. They are very good. You also have to make an appointment because I heard they are very busy. The shop was recomended by a friend so the guy took me in w/o an appointment.

By the way, what exhaust did you get?