Notices
Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

Threadiquette, lets try it.

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2004, 10:33 PM
phile

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down Threadiquette, lets try it.

I started this thread in order to keep from hijacking the SSR thread.

First, let me state that I have yet to mod my Z, and I have no brand loyalty.

Whenever there's a new product, all kinds of negativity and one-sidedness gets thrown around! All this **** makes people take sides.

Lets take Crawford and Kinetix for example. Both companies have awesome customer service records, based on what I have read. Both companies make excellent products. Both companies innovate. I really havn't even heard so much as one raw deal from either company. You know what makes them look bad? THEIR OWN FANS! You stupid a$$holes are taking sales away from the people you are trying to defend! You people paint a very ugly picture at times! Thank god I don't judge a product or a service until I can gauge it from either experiencing it, or hearing from the vendor themselves (like Doug or LSD). Otherwise, I would probably have very negative opinions. Stop hijacking threads in the way the SSR engineering plenum was hijacked.
I think we need to maybe employ some Thread etiquette when it comes to vendor's threads. Can we keep comparisons out, and save that kind of talk for an entirely new thread?

I'm not trying to stifle opinions, I'm simply trying to get them moved to a more appropriate place. Speaking of opinions, if you don't like what I have to say, tough. I have no control, I'm merely making a suggestion. Input anyone?

Last edited by phile; 03-26-2004 at 10:36 PM.
Old 03-26-2004, 11:07 PM
Hupperware

Arguing on the internet is like the special olympics... even if you win, you're still retarded.
Old 03-27-2004, 05:18 AM
PhoenixINX

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well said, and my sincerest apologies for coming across as an a$$.

Lots of valuable info here to be shared... thus bringing the wealth to everyone.

I pick on Doug on a weekly basis, asking how he shared Z info on his 240 back in the 70s. This internet resource, of REALTIME sharing of near ANYTHING Z related. Amazing.

It's near 80 here today, and the Black Pearl is dirty... time to go wash and roll!

Old 03-27-2004, 07:17 AM
phile

Originally posted by PhoenixINX
Well said, and my sincerest apologies for coming across as an a$$.

Lots of valuable info here to be shared... thus bringing the wealth to everyone.

I pick on Doug on a weekly basis, asking how he shared Z info on his 240 back in the 70s. This internet resource, of REALTIME sharing of near ANYTHING Z related. Amazing.

It's near 80 here today, and the Black Pearl is dirty... time to go wash and roll!

80!? You lucky bastard!

It takes alot to stand forward and apologize. Having said that, I definitely was not targeting you in particular. The vendor wars, as I like to call them, occurs all the time. It's just sad because I can FEEL the possible sales (from this board) dwindling away as people bash vendors.

Some vendors are shady, and don't deserve business. They deserve to be ousted. And it is their responsibility to try and make things right. Of course there will be negativity involved, but lets leave that for the vendors that make big mistakes, and don't fix them.

The reason I posted this topic is because I am guilty of harboring a negative opinion about a vendor(only for a short while) which was completely unfounded, and was simply based on the fact that I had picked one side over the other. It's a terrible habit we have. We pick a side and argue it to the death, as if it were part of our soul. Sometimes this behavior is necessary (otherwise we wouldn't be living in the good old USA), but when it comes to something like an after market part, or even a whole car, picking sides (rather than interjecting some consturctive thought) becomes unproductive.

So here's a question to the board:

Are YOU guilty of harboring a negative opinion, simply based on the fact that you chose the "other" side?

Last edited by phile; 03-27-2004 at 07:21 AM.
Old 03-27-2004, 07:59 AM
lowrider

Right now it's in the 70s here, and a gorgeous day. Eat you heart out you North Easterners.

As for etiquette, too many of us are bashing each other. Calling each other some very rotten names. IMO, that kind of thing needs to cease. We seem to be passionate to the point of being absurd. Let us think about the other person's feelings, and how we might come across on paper (the screen) before we post something. The written word is still a very powerful thing, though now, it can also be the electronic written word.

We still can have strong opinions, but can we learn how to share them in a constructive way? Stop the name calling, thread hijacking, and the feeling that I'm always right and someone who disagrees is always wrong, or someone who doesn't understand is just plane stupid. There is always two sides to every story. Let's try to listen to each other, and share. I've learned a tremendous amount of stuff from some of the members of this forum, and from some of the sponsors. I hope, I've been able a share little of my knowledge with some of you folks. Most of you are just great people, and I'm proud to be a member here.

Lou
Old 03-28-2004, 09:45 AM
phile

test
Old 03-28-2004, 10:58 AM
jawbone

Default good idea

Absolutely a good idea. I check out a few different forums from fishing to cameras, and this one can be kinda harsh at times. Things such as bagging on a vendor without taking the necessary effort to contact them to rectify the situation... generally frowned upon on other boards. I know a lot of people in the aftermarket industry would probably chime in more if things could be discussed in a more rational manner. I just think if people were to self-police a bit more ALOT more knowledge would be learned.
Plus, it is fun when you work in the industry to meet the people who are flaming ya .....LOL "werent you the one who called me a %#@^%*& ?"
just my 1/2 cent
j-bone
BTW its 80 in sunny socal