Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

Sorry NSX,,,,,,,,,Im a 350z owner

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2004, 08:49 PM
jng1226

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by De350z
get a Lotus
Hey, since we're back onto Lotus, how about the 2005 Elise with a turbo or SC on that Toyota motor? Just shy of 300 rwhp on that car is going to rock a LOT of people's worlds...

I still want the Esprit V-8 TT!
Old 04-14-2004, 09:13 PM
Rayden2001

Originally posted by rodH
OK, looks like I gotta get in on this one.

1st-"NSX is way over priced VS the Z"-this may be true, but it is the law of diminishing returns, I have seen stats with NSX's doing 60 in 4.5-4.7 range, that is much much better than a Z.

2nd-"I would rather have a vette or something that is faster and less money"=congrates to you, then the NSX, 911 or m3 is NOT for you, no biggy, personally I would never drive a chevy, no matter how fast. Drag racing isn't everthing.

3rd-"the NSX is overrated"-really? it is an awesome design and still does very very well dispite its age. Look at it compared to other cars and it still does well. It absolutely killed the 348 in everyway, was pretty close to the 355 at half the price and is pretty close to the 360 and more than half the price.

4th-The NSX looks like a wannabe ferarri?-really, so what does a C5/6 vette look like, frankly, if you really study the lines on the ferarri VS an NSX they are NOT even close to similar, the ONLY thing that is similar is the seating positon due to the mid-engine and teh lowness of the car.

5th-Why is the NSX so much money?-well, since its original design the yen has fallen, and these cars are built in japan and use a uni-body aluminum frame. They are very expensive to build, but if you think that is a rip off, what are your feeling regarding a 360?

Yes, I love the Z, and I can only dream that my Z design looks as good in 13 years from now as an NSX does now compared to when it was introduced. The Z almost has as much power and more torque, unfortunately it doesn't translate into a faster car (just like the 911 and M3), maybe thats part of what you pay for.

I have driven on a regular basis the following cars

CLK55
SL55
SL500 sport
CLK430
M3 e36
Z32 tt
NSX
S2000
350Z
E55
M roadster

and had the oppertunity to drive a 360 modena. out of all those cars, the NSX is the closest to my favorite car out of the bunch (360), the drop off after than is sharp, but the Z does well considering.

I love the NSX, it is an amazing car to drive, if you disagree, maybe you own a gallardo, or never drove the NSX hard. Frankly, after driving the NSX, I can't see why anyone could pay 2x as much to get the 360, EXCEPT for the fact that it is a ferarri and it sounds like one too
Old 04-14-2004, 09:23 PM
Rayden2001

Originally posted by Rayden2001
Trying to shoot me down for personal pref. Ok. Get off my a$$
Attached Thumbnails Sorry NSX,,,,,,,,,Im a 350z owner-fer.jpg  
Old 04-14-2004, 09:47 PM
bigern1970

OK, looks like I gotta get in on this one.

1st-"NSX is way over priced VS the Z"-this may be true, but it is the law of diminishing returns, I have seen stats with NSX's doing 60 in 4.5-4.7 range, that is much much better than a Z.

2nd-"I would rather have a vette or something that is faster and less money"=congrates to you, then the NSX, 911 or m3 is NOT for you, no biggy, personally I would never drive a chevy, no matter how fast. Drag racing isn't everthing.

3rd-"the NSX is overrated"-really? it is an awesome design and still does very very well dispite its age. Look at it compared to other cars and it still does well. It absolutely killed the 348 in everyway, was pretty close to the 355 at half the price and is pretty close to the 360 and more than half the price.

4th-The NSX looks like a wannabe ferarri?-really, so what does a C5/6 vette look like, frankly, if you really study the lines on the ferarri VS an NSX they are NOT even close to similar, the ONLY thing that is similar is the seating positon due to the mid-engine and teh lowness of the car.

5th-Why is the NSX so much money?-well, since its original design the yen has fallen, and these cars are built in japan and use a uni-body aluminum frame. They are very expensive to build, but if you think that is a rip off, what are your feeling regarding a 360?

Yes, I love the Z, and I can only dream that my Z design looks as good in 13 years from now as an NSX does now compared to when it was introduced. The Z almost has as much power and more torque, unfortunately it doesn't translate into a faster car (just like the 911 and M3), maybe thats part of what you pay for.

I have driven on a regular basis the following cars

CLK55
SL55
SL500 sport
CLK430
M3 e36
Z32 tt
NSX
S2000
350Z
E55
M roadster

and had the oppertunity to drive a 360 modena. out of all those cars, the NSX is the closest to my favorite car out of the bunch (360), the drop off after than is sharp, but the Z does well considering.

I love the NSX, it is an amazing car to drive, if you disagree, maybe you own a gallardo, or never drove the NSX hard. Frankly, after driving the NSX, I can't see why anyone could pay 2x as much to get the 360, EXCEPT for the fact that it is a ferarri and it sounds like one too
Well said, by the say the nsx I drove the dealer was asking 47k. I plan to own one in the future, When I unleash the keys to my z to my son next year my expedition will be paid off.......I will be looking for a 95-up NSX. It has always been my dream car even though it doesnt have the european solid feel (that I love a la M3) Maybe me and my son can switch back and forth. Poor guy can you imagine a 16 year old driving a Z to school then another day having to drive a NSX. After all my first car was a rabit truck.......and worst of all a diesel.........lol
Old 04-15-2004, 06:35 AM
turbo-maxima

Diesal trucks are awsome.

You can buy an early 90's NSX for 20-25 grand. I see young kids with them all the time.
Old 04-15-2004, 05:05 PM
D'oh

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

10 years ago the NSX was awesome.

But, ever since the Z06 arrived the NSX has pretty much lost much of its appeal to me. The reason is the Z06 does everything better than the NSX (performance wise - including handling) for singnificantly less money. Also, the weight of the two cars is very similar so all that aluminum in the NSX seems wasted. I can understand how many people would rather have the NSX, since it looks awesome, has perfect ergonomics, and a very nimble feel; but for me, the performance just isn't there for the money you are paying. I didn't buy a C5 Z06 because I didn't like the interior, so I can understand why many people would not want one; but their on track performance is quite far above a standard 911 or NSX (at least from what I recall of the few articles that have compared the cars head-to-head).

I have a strong feeling that unless Nissan really does something great with the GT-R, Honda does something great with the next NSX, or the Lotus Elise is a bit more daily driveable than it looks, the C6 Z06 will once again dominate the higher end affordable sports car class.

NSX is still a great car, especially used since you aren't paying as much of a premium.

-D'oh!
Old 04-15-2004, 05:13 PM
Blownaway

Im selling my Heavily Modded Passat to get an Elise...
Old 04-15-2004, 06:49 PM
ranger5oh

Dude, you are 34 and have a 16 year old son! You start early dont cha?
Old 04-15-2004, 06:54 PM
silver&black03
Banned

Lotus? 90k for a freakin ford?!!!!!!!! I don't think so. I have a friend with a Lotus and it is bar none the biggest piece of S on the face of the earth. I will not run for a month without serious problems. You wonder why they have hands down the biggest depritiation of all the exotics.
Old 04-15-2004, 08:01 PM
BlackBirdVQ

I work at a Acura dealership as a mechanic, I drive NSXs regularly, they don't do much for me. Personally I think the car is mucho overrated, pain in the *** to work on and I never ever seen one pushed hard. We had one guy who has too much $$$ blow up his tranny on hs 04 NSX by beatting the **** out of it driving. I'm a Z32 fan.... sorry. I been tempted by a Z33 many times but just when I compare the 2.... I love the way Z32 looks, feels and drives with 650WHP coming out of old school VG engine Its an oxy moron how I drive a SR20DET G20 that leaves a new NSX in a dust Check out the soon to be released issue of Sport Compact Car where a heavily moded NSX gets really whopped on by a little Sentra SE-R on a road racing track- both driven by pros. NSX is all bout getting hoes...nothing else.
Old 04-15-2004, 08:09 PM
bigern1970

Originally posted by ranger5oh
Dude, you are 34 and have a 15 going on 16 year old son! You start early dont cha?
Yeah I had him when I was young , but its cool cause were friends, like alot of the same thing have alot in commone. Actually its been fun having a teenage kid............... hes my oldest I have 2 boys 3 girl(honestly)............and love every minute of it.......lol
Old 04-15-2004, 08:11 PM
bigern1970

Originally posted by BlackBirdVQ
I work at a Acura dealership as a mechanic, I drive NSXs regularly, they don't do much for me. Personally I think the car is mucho overrated, pain in the *** to work on and I never ever seen one pushed hard. We had one guy who has too much $$$ blow up his tranny on hs 04 NSX by beatting the **** out of it driving. I'm a Z32 fan.... sorry. I been tempted by a Z33 many times but just when I compare the 2.... I love the way Z32 looks, feels and drives with 650WHP coming out of old school VG engine Its an oxy moron how I drive a SR20DET G20 that leaves a new NSX in a dust Check out the soon to be released issue of Sport Compact Car where a heavily moded NSX gets really whopped on by a little Sentra SE-R on a road racing track- both driven by pros. NSX is all bout getting hoes...nothing else.
Hey thats what its all about anyways .......hoes.....lol
Old 04-15-2004, 08:58 PM
rodH

Originally posted by D'oh
10 years ago the NSX was awesome.

But, ever since the Z06 arrived the NSX has pretty much lost much of its appeal to me. The reason is the Z06 does everything better than the NSX (performance wise - including handling) for singnificantly less money. Also, the weight of the two cars is very similar so all that aluminum in the NSX seems wasted. I can understand how many people would rather have the NSX, since it looks awesome, has perfect ergonomics, and a very nimble feel; but for me, the performance just isn't there for the money you are paying. I didn't buy a C5 Z06 because I didn't like the interior, so I can understand why many people would not want one; but their on track performance is quite far above a standard 911 or NSX (at least from what I recall of the few articles that have compared the cars head-to-head).

I have a strong feeling that unless Nissan really does something great with the GT-R, Honda does something great with the next NSX, or the Lotus Elise is a bit more daily driveable than it looks, the C6 Z06 will once again dominate the higher end affordable sports car class.

NSX is still a great car, especially used since you aren't paying as much of a premium.

-D'oh!
Z06 buyers and NSX buyers are 2 totally different markets. My dad has had 911s, M3s and an NSX, and now an SL55, he doesn't even turn to look at ZO6's (or vipers for that matter), and neither do I. Just personal taste I guess. Sure the Vette is faster in the 1/4, and handles just as well, but man they have a different feel, weird interior, and is totally a differnt car than an NSX.

btw, It should be interesting to see what the new NSX really looks like when it comes out.
Old 04-16-2004, 09:07 AM
Tweety-nator

One reason the NSX is so expensive is that it is hand-built, and in limited production.

Compared against other exotic cars, it is a bargain. Mid-engine, excellent handling and balance, and still holds its own against other cars despite the design being more than a decade old.

And the one thing it beats all other exotic cars at, is reliability.

Sure it seems way-overpriced against the likes of the 350Z and the Corvette, but these cars are not exactly hand-built either.

Don't get me wrong, l love my 350Z, but the NSX is in a different class. It will be interesting to see what the newly redesigned NSX will look like when it comes out.

Last edited by Tweety-nator; 04-16-2004 at 09:11 AM.
Old 04-16-2004, 08:30 PM
rodH

Originally posted by Tweety-nator
One reason the NSX is so expensive is that it is hand-built, and in limited production.

Compared against other exotic cars, it is a bargain. Mid-engine, excellent handling and balance, and still holds its own against other cars despite the design being more than a decade old.

And the one thing it beats all other exotic cars at, is reliability.

Sure it seems way-overpriced against the likes of the 350Z and the Corvette, but these cars are not exactly hand-built either.

Don't get me wrong, l love my 350Z, but the NSX is in a different class. It will be interesting to see what the newly redesigned NSX will look like when it comes out.
I think it is interesting when people call an NSX a "wannabe ferarri" does that mean that a 350Z is a wannabe 911????
Old 04-16-2004, 08:41 PM
aaaaa

guys...STOP COMPARING Z TO NSX........
like Tweety-nator said, i own Z too...dont get me wrong....but
NSX and Z doesn't stay in same range....totally higher class then Z....period!@
Old 04-17-2004, 12:50 PM
Tweety-nator

I think it is interesting when people call an NSX a "wannabe ferarri" does that mean that a 350Z is a wannabe 911????
Where in my message did I say the NSX was a "wannabe ferrari"?

I was complimenting the NSX ... not bashing it ... I think you have mistaken me for somebody else.

Last edited by Tweety-nator; 04-17-2004 at 12:56 PM.
Old 04-17-2004, 01:01 PM
Silverstone_350

Maybe I missed it, but how much was the used NSX selling for?
Old 04-17-2004, 01:36 PM
bigern1970

Originally posted by Silverstone_350
Maybe I missed it, but how much was the used NSX selling for?
2000 nsx 20k miles for 47........
Old 04-17-2004, 05:10 PM
Balls

Originally posted by silver&black03
Lotus? 90k for a freakin ford?!!!!!!!! I don't think so. I have a friend with a Lotus and it is bar none the biggest piece of S on the face of the earth. I will not run for a month without serious problems. You wonder why they have hands down the biggest depritiation of all the exotics.
Lotus Elise uses celica engine and retails at about 40k...

and uh... yeah the nsx and z are totally different cars... and the nsx is over priced.... and i'd rather have an nsx if money weren't an issue.

Quick Reply: Sorry NSX,,,,,,,,,Im a 350z owner