Notices
Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

Sorry NSX,,,,,,,,,Im a 350z owner

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2004, 07:22 PM
bigern1970

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sorry NSX,,,,,,,,,Im a 350z owner

Probably the wrong forum but oh well. On my way home from the office I stop by to see if my Ford expedition was ready. Low and behold a 2000 Acura NSX. Pearson Ford has one on their pre-owned lot, I had to take it for a ride not my first NSX ride but my first drive since I got my 350... I bring it back and told the dealer its always been my dream car.....he asked if I wanted to run some numbers......I told him I didnt unless I had my wifes blessing. So he said take it home ..........I Did! My wifey bought my Z for me as a gift in feb of 2003. So I kind of felt bad ....kinda So I get it home show it to her and she knows thats been my dream car.....So we go for a ride , its a great car but over the long haul I think the Z will hold up longer...I still have my 85 nissan truck longevity is the key. So I take the car back to the dealer,and said no dice......really wasnt the color I wanted I want black only and maybe red if i were in a mid life crisis 34 is not mid life....lol.........As I reluctantly handed him back the keys, I got in my z it felt so nice to drive again . Yes I would like to own a NSX in the future , My son will be 16 next year and I had already promised him the Z when I get tired of it........PLease tell me I made the right choice.........please?
Old 04-13-2004, 07:34 PM
R1Rider

You made the right choice. Don't get me wrong, I'm sure the NSX is a great car. I've had 2 Integra's and a CLS. Acura/Honda makes great cars and bikes. My dream car is a Viper or a '69 Z28 with Z06 hp and handling. But for now, I love my Z and don't plan on parting with it anytime soon. Don't know about you, but I find myself staring out the office window at it most of the day and just sitting in the garage admiring it when at home.
Old 04-13-2004, 07:48 PM
Rayden2001

Originally posted by R1Rider
You made the right choice. Don't get me wrong, I'm sure the NSX is a great car. I've had 2 Integra's and a CLS. Acura/Honda makes great cars and bikes. My dream car is a Viper or a '69 Z28 with Z06 hp and handling. But for now, I love my Z and don't plan on parting with it anytime soon. Don't know about you, but I find myself staring out the office window at it most of the day and just sitting in the garage admiring it when at home.
I know what you mean. I my z.
Old 04-13-2004, 09:00 PM
D'oh

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you are asking us if you made the correct choice, then I believe you did. That means you truly didn't have that feel for the NSX that you thought you would. Maybe in a few years, after the son practices on the Pickup (my first vehicle was an '84 Nissan pickup) you'll be ready to pass the Z on to the kid and then see if the NSX is still what you are looking for. Who knows, maybe by that time there will be a new NSX.

-D'oh!
Old 04-13-2004, 09:13 PM
Jesse350z

Default does anyone else do this?

Speaking of staring at your own car... I'll find myself parking in, lets say a mall parking lot, way away from other cars and will almost always give the over the shoulder walking away glance and say to myself damn that's a good looking car. Am I the only one? Back to the subject... It sounds like you weren't going to have to give up your Z to get the NSX. Get both if your allowed. Or is it one or the other?
Old 04-13-2004, 09:27 PM
aaaaa

please dont even compare Z to NSX.....i love my Z too!
i am Z owner....dont get me wrong HOWEVER! those two car desn't stay in same range...my next car after Z will be nsx, i really really wanted to get used nsx even it was 94 or 95.........94 or 95 is really old as you all know(but they go over $40K)..... because i dont have enough money buy a new nsx, i found Z that can make me satisfy for daily driving.
and i dont regret that i bought Z. it is really nice car too...
what i am trying to say is NSX and Z doesn't stay at same range.
Old 04-13-2004, 09:27 PM
rodH

I think if $$ is an issue, you made the right choice, otherwise, I'd rather have an NSX. Don't underestimate the reliability of a Honda/acura either.

The Z is a much much better buy, but it is not an NSX.
Old 04-13-2004, 10:34 PM
Phatmitzu

Originally posted by rodH
I think if $$ is an issue, you made the right choice, otherwise, I'd rather have an NSX. Don't underestimate the reliability of a Honda/acura either.

The Z is a much much better buy, but it is not an NSX.
Same here. But if it was older(95~)...maybe not.

BTW, does your son know that hes very lucky? turning 16 and already a Z awaits for him...

Old 04-13-2004, 11:42 PM
AParshall04

Personally i think the NSX is the biggest waste of money. It's 3x the price of the Z for just about even output. The way it's priced it would make much more sense if the NSX was TT'd stock. But you are paying an extra $60k for the "ferrari look." I don't know, i think the Z is good looking enough. I would much rather spend $60k on mods for my Z than spend the $90k on a slow NSX. BTW, recently i did a stats comparison between the Track 350z and a new NSX. It seemed the Z won it way too many categories for the pricing.

Every time i walk out into my garage to grab my backpack out of the car or my cell phone it seems i just think "damn that thing looks so nice." I like the way it looks in the dark especially.
Old 04-14-2004, 05:04 AM
TheBigShow

i think u need to worry about your decision to give your son the z more so than what u want to drive. that's a disaster waitin to happen.
Old 04-14-2004, 05:44 AM
jng1226

Originally posted by TheBigShow
i think u need to worry about your decision to give your son the z more so than what u want to drive. that's a disaster waitin to happen.
I was lurking on this thread because I found it interesting, but I have to agree with TheBigShow on this point. I remember being 16 and my parents thought I was an angel and model son that could do no wrong (good grades, obedient, etc.). They bought me a decently nice (and fast) car for the time and within 1 week I nearly totalled it because I was 16 with ***** waaay bigger than my brain and driving skills. I was extremely lucky that no one inside (2 friends) nor outside (25 mph neighborhood street) was hurt. I definitely learned my lesson, but damn it was close.

Sorry to be so negative, but I just see too many sad stories on the news about situations like these. Yeah, it could happen in a 10-year old Explorer, but the Z begs ANYONE to race it.

Aside from that, I would definitely take the NSX if price was no option. I have the same quandary with a Lotus Esprit V-8TT. I've always loved Lotus Esprits and the last generation was the peak to me. I do love my Z though....
Old 04-14-2004, 06:45 AM
turbo-maxima

I never knew why NSX's cost so much. They are very reliable but are not very fast. If the car breaks down, dealerships do not stock parts and they have to be ordered from japan. Just seems like a waste of money. You can get a C5 for half the price and get the same handling and performance.
Old 04-14-2004, 07:22 AM
Rayden2001

Originally posted by AParshall04
Personally i think the NSX is the biggest waste of money. It's 3x the price of the Z for just about even output. The way it's priced it would make much more sense if the NSX was TT'd stock. But you are paying an extra $60k for the "ferrari look." I don't know, i think the Z is good looking enough. I would much rather spend $60k on mods for my Z than spend the $90k on a slow NSX. BTW, recently i did a stats comparison between the Track 350z and a new NSX. It seemed the Z won it way too many categories for the pricing.

Every time i walk out into my garage to grab my backpack out of the car or my cell phone it seems i just think "damn that thing looks so nice." I like the way it looks in the dark especially.
Yeah, you are right about that. I drove an nsx and I feel its over rated. I don't see why its soo much money. It looks kinda like a ferrari knockoff or something. I know all the specs on it and just can't see why its 75,000.
Old 04-14-2004, 07:56 AM
Blownaway

I just got back last week from an NSX meet at the Tirerack sponsored by Yokohama, and I must say they are a very nice car, once you get into driving them hard on a track...They are overpriced though. MY car was the big hit there, I kinda feel that I stole the show. Here is a post over at honda-tech.

http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=821123

There are also allot of pictures at www.nsxprime.com in the midwest forum..

I ran the fastest times of the day..there were two supercharged NSX there and man were they fast, I sprayed on one of them..

Old 04-14-2004, 08:37 AM
3rdpower

The new NSX are fast but in my opinion very overpriced. I've raced a few on the street and on the track and to be honest I was impressed with their ability to handle, however, not overly impressed with their power.

I think you made the right decision - while Honda is one of the most reliable cars in the industry from a logitivity prospective the Z is an icon, the NSX is a... wanna be.

Nice Ride BTW Tim.

Last edited by 3rdpower; 04-14-2004 at 08:40 AM.
Old 04-14-2004, 03:13 PM
Blownaway

thanks...
Old 04-14-2004, 03:55 PM
Dissolved

if you can afford it, buy the NSX. I think your son wont be dissapointed if he gets that in a few years
Old 04-14-2004, 08:08 PM
rodH

OK, looks like I gotta get in on this one.

1st-"NSX is way over priced VS the Z"-this may be true, but it is the law of diminishing returns, I have seen stats with NSX's doing 60 in 4.5-4.7 range, that is much much better than a Z.

2nd-"I would rather have a vette or something that is faster and less money"=congrates to you, then the NSX, 911 or m3 is NOT for you, no biggy, personally I would never drive a chevy, no matter how fast. Drag racing isn't everthing.

3rd-"the NSX is overrated"-really? it is an awesome design and still does very very well dispite its age. Look at it compared to other cars and it still does well. It absolutely killed the 348 in everyway, was pretty close to the 355 at half the price and is pretty close to the 360 and more than half the price.

4th-The NSX looks like a wannabe ferarri?-really, so what does a C5/6 vette look like, frankly, if you really study the lines on the ferarri VS an NSX they are NOT even close to similar, the ONLY thing that is similar is the seating positon due to the mid-engine and teh lowness of the car.

5th-Why is the NSX so much money?-well, since its original design the yen has fallen, and these cars are built in japan and use a uni-body aluminum frame. They are very expensive to build, but if you think that is a rip off, what are your feeling regarding a 360?

Yes, I love the Z, and I can only dream that my Z design looks as good in 13 years from now as an NSX does now compared to when it was introduced. The Z almost has as much power and more torque, unfortunately it doesn't translate into a faster car (just like the 911 and M3), maybe thats part of what you pay for.

I have driven on a regular basis the following cars

CLK55
SL55
SL500 sport
CLK430
M3 e36
Z32 tt
NSX
S2000
350Z
E55
M roadster

and had the oppertunity to drive a 360 modena. out of all those cars, the NSX is the closest to my favorite car out of the bunch (360), the drop off after than is sharp, but the Z does well considering.

I love the NSX, it is an amazing car to drive, if you disagree, maybe you own a gallardo, or never drove the NSX hard. Frankly, after driving the NSX, I can't see why anyone could pay 2x as much to get the 360, EXCEPT for the fact that it is a ferarri and it sounds like one too
Old 04-14-2004, 08:28 PM
De350z

get a Lotus
Old 04-14-2004, 08:38 PM
GY-Z

Originally posted by rodH
OK, looks like I gotta get in on this one.

1st-"NSX is way over priced VS the Z"-this may be true, but it is the law of diminishing returns, I have seen stats with NSX's doing 60 in 4.5-4.7 range, that is much much better than a Z.

2nd-"I would rather have a vette or something that is faster and less money"=congrates to you, then the NSX, 911 or m3 is NOT for you, no biggy, personally I would never drive a chevy, no matter how fast. Drag racing isn't everthing.

3rd-"the NSX is overrated"-really? it is an awesome design and still does very very well dispite its age. Look at it compared to other cars and it still does well. It absolutely killed the 348 in everyway, was pretty close to the 355 at half the price and is pretty close to the 360 and more than half the price.

4th-The NSX looks like a wannabe ferarri?-really, so what does a C5/6 vette look like, frankly, if you really study the lines on the ferarri VS an NSX they are NOT even close to similar, the ONLY thing that is similar is the seating positon due to the mid-engine and teh lowness of the car.

5th-Why is the NSX so much money?-well, since its original design the yen has fallen, and these cars are built in japan and use a uni-body aluminum frame. They are very expensive to build, but if you think that is a rip off, what are your feeling regarding a 360?

Yes, I love the Z, and I can only dream that my Z design looks as good in 13 years from now as an NSX does now compared to when it was introduced. The Z almost has as much power and more torque, unfortunately it doesn't translate into a faster car (just like the 911 and M3), maybe thats part of what you pay for.

I have driven on a regular basis the following cars

CLK55
SL55
SL500 sport
CLK430
M3 e36
Z32 tt
NSX
S2000
350Z
E55
M roadster

and had the oppertunity to drive a 360 modena. out of all those cars, the NSX is the closest to my favorite car out of the bunch (360), the drop off after than is sharp, but the Z does well considering.

I love the NSX, it is an amazing car to drive, if you disagree, maybe you own a gallardo, or never drove the NSX hard. Frankly, after driving the NSX, I can't see why anyone could pay 2x as much to get the 360, EXCEPT for the fact that it is a ferarri and it sounds like one too
well said.
best point that NSX has a alluminum body constructions.
thatz why their so pricy.
NSX is one of my best car too, but just dont got the $$...

Quick Reply: Sorry NSX,,,,,,,,,Im a 350z owner