Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

Looking for some advice please

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2004, 06:39 AM
Mukrat
Race Naked FTW!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Looking for some advice please

Posted this in the General section then realized it prolly belongs here...

I'm looking for a bit of advice...

I am about to come into a good chunk of money and have the opertunity to put some into my Z. How much? About 6K. Thats not an earth changing amount, but it's enough to fullfill some of my wet dreams

So I have already ordered some 18' Nismo LMGT4s with Nitto555's to fit on them. They don't count in the equation. I have been drooling over a TT for a long time now, but herd JWT is working on a TT kit and would like to see what they come out with. That leaves me money burning a hole in my pocket for my Z.

I saw a post awhile back about a 500hp NA Z, but cant find it now. I want to maxzamize my power and possibly do some suspension work. Max power weighs out looks tho. 6K will buy the TT kit from Greddy, but it won't install it Anyone have experience with the Cams/Crank etc.. ? 500hp NA would be Much nicer then 500hp FI, IMO.

Any suggestions on maxing out my HP with what I can afford?
Old 05-31-2004, 07:27 AM
zillinois

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You can get a supercharger installed and tuned for 6k.
Old 05-31-2004, 08:49 AM
little_rod

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, there are a lot of people on this board in a similar situation. You have to ask yourself what you want for your Z. That is different for everyone, depends on your goals for the car.

First off, there is no 500 HP N/A Z. If you are adding a crate motor or changing all the internals, that is different, but as of right now, that is not possible on the stock block. Besides, you might be able to get a 500 HP N/A Z, but not for 6K.

For 6K, you can go with a TT or SC and get to the power that you might be looking for. Both systems have their pluses and minuses, depending on who you are asking. You can get the SC without any exhaust mods(might be able to sneak in the Borla exhaust) for that amount of money, but for a TT, you will have to spend more.
Old 06-01-2004, 01:52 AM
Jason@Performance
Sponsor
Performance Nissan

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

jeff has JWT Pop Charger / JWT Cams / NISMO Headers / RT Cats / NISMO Exhaust / UR Crank PUlley / P&P Heads / TS ECU... and he is pushing just over 280 to the wheels... baselined 232 to the wheels...

I can help you get the most out of your Z NA... but you wont be breaking the 300RWHP mark... but will still make one heck of a car!
Old 06-06-2004, 04:12 AM
mac

you must be looking for the stroker kit for aebsracing. They make a stroker kit to make your car a 4.3. Supposedly its 400hp but you won't be able to afford this kit because its 8k. Greddy makes a turbo kit consisting of non ball bearing turbos. There are other kits out there like the power enterprise, jwt, and aps that use ball bearing turbos. Ball bearing turbos make a big difference in spooling earlier than non ball bearing type turbos. You basically gain boost alot earlier in the rpm band. All the ball bearing turbo kits will cost you and arm and a leg, so the best option is probably the vortech sc, you prolly want tadashi at technosquare to program your ecu for you afterwards
Old 06-06-2004, 10:32 AM
zectasy

personally if i fell through with 6gs and i already didnt have wheels on my car...being the car is so new i would wanna kep the warranty so tt or sc is out of the question for the time being...i would get 19in volk with tires your looking at bout 3gs...i would also do the basic stuff that really catn void yer warranty...exhaust...headers...intake...pulley...yer lookin at bout 1500 right there depending what kinda brands ya go with....then with the last 1500 me personally i would save up a lil more cash and go with the cwest lip kit.... : ) good luck