Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

Calling all ECU Experts

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2004, 10:14 AM
jpc350z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Calling all ECU Experts

Calling All ECU Experts to weigh in.

I have often seen people on this forum talking about the ECU and that after a period of time it has a compulsion to go back to a previous performance state that tends to negates any performance improvements that may of been gained by a bolt on.

Would appreciate an experts (please only experts) opinion on this phenomena with a discussion of what section(s) (ROM, EE-PROM ETC.)of the ECU are responsible for this assuming this is the case and why would the ECU be designed to do this.

Appreciations ahead of time..
Old 06-24-2004, 10:57 AM
VandyZ

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The stock ecu does have maps that it jumps between based off several factors. The ecu will not negate a mod, because it senses it. It adjusts to keep parameters in spec per nissan. If you drive it hard it will figure out the best way to act to get the most out of the vehicle. You drive it soft it will compensate for that too. I think the only ones who really know are Nissan and maybe Technosquare. And I know TS will tell you that they have not found it all yet.

Call technosquare and they will let you know what they have found. I dont want to write about it all here.

This being said we should all be glad we have 03's and 04's cause I hear the 05's will be trouble with then new emissions standards.

BTW, I am no ECU expert but I did stay in a holday in express last night and do have 10 or so ECU flashes and over 60+ dyno pulls.

Last edited by VandyZ; 06-24-2004 at 11:00 AM.
Old 06-24-2004, 11:50 AM
Road Warrior

Originally posted by VandyZ
BTW, I am no ECU expert but I did stay in a holday in express last night and do have 10 or so ECU flashes and over 60+ dyno pulls.
haahha...i love those commercials the capitol 1 credit card fraud ones are pretty good too

anyways....i think its going to be a while before the ecu is figured out to a point that will enable one to fully program it....that is when i will invest my money into this mod....but for now, technosquare is really the only ones out there that have a flash for basic bolt ons...good to hear that we won't have to deal with even stricter emissions
Old 06-24-2004, 02:47 PM
zzzya

All I can say is that I have consistently seen improvements in my 1/4 mile times after resetting the ECU. I typically improve my times by 0.1 seconds. After a couple weeks the car does not run the same, then I reset it again while I am out at the track and after a couple runs the performance is better again. I have an early production 2003 model though and there may be some differences in ECU mapping that could explain this. I was waiting for the "Crawford Package" ECU through TS to be completed and since it is done I sent my ECU out this week. I have to pick it up from Fedex today so I will get to see the results this weekend at the strip if weather permits.