Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

350EVO Throttle body??

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2004, 08:23 AM
Sins4u33

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 350EVO Throttle body??

350EVO Throttle body
is it worth to get??? i saw it on there website and it appears to be the only throttle body out on the market, i would think people would increase it but instead they just port and polish the throttle body, you would think they would make a new one and increase the size...i dunno i was looking into this mod to see if it was worth it...if you have any input or advice on this mod i would really like to hear it. oh and also they say on there website "We recommend the TS ECU reflash to go with this to take full advantage of the improved air flow at higher RPM's" is this true or would a basic ECU reflash would cause i can get one done at my friends shop...well once again any advice please put your input down...thanks

Ben
Old 06-28-2004, 10:52 AM
DrVolkl

Price? Do you have to send in your own/pay a core charge?

Generally speaking, any increase in air is going to be good...and porting if I remember correctly, does increase the size a tad, as well as smoothing out the air flow, thus increasing power.

I'd imagine a 3-5hp gain to be expected...no experience for this make/model, but this sort of thing working fairly well on late body stangs.

I personally wouldn't pay more than $250...and that would be pushing it.

Of course, real testimonials go a lot further.
Old 06-28-2004, 11:03 AM
John

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: 350EVO Throttle body??

Originally posted by Sins4u33
oh and also they say on there website "We recommend the TS ECU reflash to go with this to take full advantage of the improved air flow at higher RPM's" is this true or would a basic ECU reflash would cause i can get one done at my friends shop...
You referring to Altered Atmosphere's quasi-pirated reflash? The authentic TS reflash will be customized to match your modifications. Will the 350Evo work wonders for your powercurve? Probably not. Will it help you squeeze out a few more ponies? Yes.
Old 06-28-2004, 11:11 AM
MY350Z.COM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i'm selling mine for 500 bucks, no core required.

brand new never used
Old 06-28-2004, 11:50 AM
KJY9

Originally posted by DrVolkl
Price? Do you have to send in your own/pay a core charge?

Generally speaking, any increase in air is going to be good...and porting if I remember correctly, does increase the size a tad, as well as smoothing out the air flow, thus increasing power.

I'd imagine a 3-5hp gain to be expected...no experience for this make/model, but this sort of thing working fairly well on late body stangs.

I personally wouldn't pay more than $250...and that would be pushing it.

Of course, real testimonials go a lot further.
You won't see anything on their site with HP claims, because there are none to be had.
I bought it when it first hit their website..no increases in HP either real or imagined
Old 06-28-2004, 01:52 PM
dwnshift

Looking at a 3-8 hp increase. We did back to back runs at Daytona INt speedway between a OEm T body and the rebored version and gianed 5 to 6 mph gain on the oval going into turn one.
The TechnoSquare ECu refash helps because without the reflash the ECU starts closing the T body at hgh RPMS.
If you have any questions let me know.

BJ@350EVO.com
KJY9 its great seeing you again

Here we go again
Old 06-28-2004, 03:11 PM
KJY9

Originally posted by dwnshift
Looking at a 3-8 hp increase. We did back to back runs at Daytona INt speedway between a OEm T body and the rebored version and gianed 5 to 6 mph gain on the oval going into turn one.
The TechnoSquare ECu refash helps because without the reflash the ECU starts closing the T body at hgh RPMS.
If you have any questions let me know.

BJ@350EVO.com
KJY9 its great seeing you again

Here we go again
Great..Dyno to back up those claims?
I didn't show any on mine
Everyone else needs to produce one LOL
Old 06-28-2004, 05:03 PM
dwnshift

A dyno sheet can be made to show anything you want it to there KY...........
I ll tell you what.........I will try and get the MOTEC data from last year at Daytona. Now thats real world proof. Tadashi from Technosquare was there and was a witness.
Old 06-29-2004, 06:01 AM
Sins4u33

a good amount of information, but mike...thats alot to be selling the throttle body for dont u think??? 500$ is almost twice what they offer at 350evo....so TS software is worth it? or what? what should i expect from this buy?

Ben
Old 06-29-2004, 06:07 AM
PoWeRtRiP

350 evo also has a core charge program. you send yours in or pay x amount. i believe its 800 for the tb without returning the core. this mod will definitely yield gains on more extreme setups i e fi, or high revving cammed motors that need more airflow, i couldnt see it doing much on a stock car though
Old 06-29-2004, 06:12 AM
Sins4u33

"This 350EVO honed and polished throttle body has a larger bore with a polished, larger and thinner throttle plate for improved performance. We see horsepower gains of 4 - 5 HP at top RPM on our project cars. We recommend the TS ECU reflash to go with this to take full advantage of the improved air flow at higher RPM's. To avoid down time on your car, we will send out your new polished and ported throttle body and charge your credit card an additional $100 core charge which will be credited as soon as we receive your old unit back. (within 10 business days maximum) If you choose to keep your stock throttle body, we will charge you the full $649 for the core. We recommend at least 2 day air to West Coast customers."

Straight from 350evo.com if they dont mind....i am very interested in this and i am debating whether or not to buy...

Ben
Old 06-29-2004, 06:19 AM
PoWeRtRiP

do they have measurements on how much larger it is i e from 70mm to 73mm? these kinds of mods are very popular on cars running big numbers.
Old 06-29-2004, 06:54 AM
dwnshift

Its approx a 20% increase in flow over the OEM.
Old 06-29-2004, 04:13 PM
zzzya

Originally posted by Sins4u33
a good amount of information, but mike...thats alot to be selling the throttle body for dont u think??? 500$ is almost twice what they offer at 350evo....so TS software is worth it? or what? what should i expect from this buy?

Ben
Mike is selling his 350EVO TB straight up, meaning you could still keep your stock one if you wanted. $500 is very cheap, actually cheaper than it would cost you to buy a stock TB for our car let alone one that has been bored and so on. If I would have known you still had this Mike I would have made you an offer as I just purchased one and traded in my stock one. I always like to keep stock parts but not this one that costs sooo much.
Old 06-29-2004, 05:29 PM
MY350Z.COM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by zzzya
Mike is selling his 350EVO TB straight up, meaning you could still keep your stock one if you wanted. $500 is very cheap, actually cheaper than it would cost you to buy a stock TB for our car let alone one that has been bored and so on. If I would have known you still had this Mike I would have made you an offer as I just purchased one and traded in my stock one. I always like to keep stock parts but not this one that costs sooo much.
yeah i gave up on selling it cause i priced it too high
Old 06-29-2004, 08:24 PM
Sins4u33

well if u can offer a better price i would definatley think about it...

Ben