Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

Stillen AT Valve Body Is Out..

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2004, 04:25 PM
shiva

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stillen AT Valve Body Is Out..

Stillen AT Valve Body

Apparently there is a rumor that this is just a rebranded Level 10 product, which doesn't sound bad to me - a relatively good quality Level 10 product without Level 10's crappy customer support. All in all, this seems like a worthwhile mod, especially for FI guys who are pushing 400rwhp and have to raise their rev limiters to shift properly - not a great fix, IMO. Anyone had this installed yet?
Old 07-28-2004, 06:40 PM
whosdady

I would like to hear more about this as well.

Note: This is more expensive than the price Level 10 charges. However, it is probably woth it.
Old 07-28-2004, 06:57 PM
MrGoingdown305

Anyone think this could improve 1/4 times on an N/A 5AT? If so then by how much?
Old 07-28-2004, 09:39 PM
MY350Z.COM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by MrGoingdown305
Anyone think this could improve 1/4 times on an N/A 5AT? If so then by how much?
Absolutely. I don't know how good the 5AT's were made stock, so I don't know how much differance it could make in the 1/4 mile, but on the Maximas it made a huge differance like 0.4 ~ 0.5 seconds.
Old 07-28-2004, 09:54 PM
Street Visionz, Inc.
Banned

Some brave soul needs to try this upgrade and report back on it!! It'll be awesome if it actually does make a difference!!
Old 07-29-2004, 06:00 AM
illegal imports

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I plan on getting the valve body upgrade next week sometime. I will keep everybody posted.
Old 07-29-2004, 07:34 AM
BluZee

I talked to a rep at Stillen about this and found out that if your Z has a production date fo 7/03 or earlier you have to send your stock valve body in to be upgraded. So plan on your car being down for however long it takes them to do the work and send it back to you. He said that they dont have enough cores to do an exchange right now. For 8/03 and later, they are doing an exchange. Mine was built 3/03 so for right now Im out of luck.
Old 07-29-2004, 08:33 AM
SungNamZ

Thanks for the information! Vortech SC installation plus "L" Flash from Technosquare completed three weeks ago. Was considering this next. My production date is earlier than 7/03, so will put this on the back burner for a while. Perhaps Stillen will find some valve bodies somewhere that will allow them to continue "exchange" program.
Old 07-29-2004, 10:49 AM
weslutes

only 2 people have this installed right now.A guy over on g35driver.com(TLUV).And a guy over in hawaii.Supposidly I'm next in line,but you know how that goes.
Anyways,Terry(TLUV) said it's awsome and noticably different.
Old 07-29-2004, 11:46 AM
johanna1

This will solve the problems with the tranny slipping when pushing alot of boost. When I had my turbo auto civic, a valvebody and a torque converter made everything run smooth and quick. No more slush box after this. This would actually be a good first mod because it will keep your tranny upgraded even with little mods and will help out alot at the dragstrip. I am thinking with the torque converter and valvebody upgrade with maybe a intake and exhaust you should be able to hit mid 13's or low 13's. I know it took a second off my turbo auto civic.
Old 07-29-2004, 11:58 AM
AceJ587

Sorry for the TARD Q lol, anyone have pics? Where the hell is this thing located on the vehicle? Would it be pretty easy to DIY?
Old 07-29-2004, 12:03 PM
STILLEN

Default Valve Body Upgrade

This is an official STILLEN post regarding our new ‘Valve Body upgrade’. This is to address the postings that suggest that we do not produce our own ‘Valve Body upgrade’. Our STILLEN Valve body is our own product. STILLEN is NOT working with Level 10 to produce our valve body upgrade. In fact the only time we sold a Level 10 product was back in 1999.

This STILLEN upgrade is available for the automatic transmission in the 350Z, and G35 coupe and sedan. This unit will increase the power handling ability of the transmission as well as firm up the shifts and improve performance. Our extensive modifications include upgrading springs, revalving and machining the stock unit. The transmission will also shift faster in “manual mode”. The overall improvement makes a huge difference.

Currently there is a national shortage on cores, so we are asking that your valve body be sent to us for the upgrade. With proper notice, once your valve body is in our hands it is roughly a 3-day turnaround. If you bring your vehicle to us, we will most likely complete it the same day.

If you have any questions or comments on the above, please call us at 800-576-2131.
Attached Thumbnails Stillen AT Valve Body Is Out..-453034_f.jpg.jpeg  
Old 07-29-2004, 12:20 PM
Aggro_Al

I would love to see a STILLEN torque converter optimized for NA or FI to go with their new valve body upgrade. Anyone know if there are any plans in the future?
Old 07-29-2004, 06:03 PM
whosdady

Default Re: Valve Body Upgrade

Originally posted by STILLEN
This is an official STILLEN post regarding our new ‘Valve Body upgrade’. This is to address the postings that suggest that we do not produce our own ‘Valve Body upgrade’. Our STILLEN Valve body is our own product. STILLEN is NOT working with Level 10 to produce our valve body upgrade. In fact the only time we sold a Level 10 product was back in 1999.

This STILLEN upgrade is available for the automatic transmission in the 350Z, and G35 coupe and sedan. This unit will increase the power handling ability of the transmission as well as firm up the shifts and improve performance. Our extensive modifications include upgrading springs, revalving and machining the stock unit. The transmission will also shift faster in “manual mode”. The overall improvement makes a huge difference.

Currently there is a national shortage on cores, so we are asking that your valve body be sent to us for the upgrade. With proper notice, once your valve body is in our hands it is roughly a 3-day turnaround. If you bring your vehicle to us, we will most likely complete it the same day.

If you have any questions or comments on the above, please call us at 800-576-2131.
How much should it cost us to have this part removed and installed? I'm assuming you reccomend having a shop do this?
Old 07-29-2004, 07:38 PM
350ZOWNZ

this might be a stupid question but whats the difference between the transmissions made between 7/02-7/03 and the other ones? Just curious
Old 07-29-2004, 07:47 PM
350Mark

I wasn't going FI until someone came out with a VB upgrade. This is really good news!
Old 07-29-2004, 07:57 PM
AmyCroft

Smile Build Date

Build 12/02

Oh well Stillen is only 10 miles from home..

Cheers Amy -
Old 07-29-2004, 11:10 PM
ragtopz

darn, not enough cores. when i saw this thread, i was going to get this mod instead of my exhaust, but i guess i will get my exhaust first and wait until stillen gets more cores in stock.
Old 07-30-2004, 11:24 AM
GPorsch

This mod is acctually pretty easy to do yourself. Very messy but easy. Just drop the trans. pan, unclip some connectors, drop out the old unit, and install is reverse of removal. But tranny fluid will be everywhere!
Stillen only charges 2 hours for the labor. I would just have a shop do it.

Old 07-31-2004, 08:20 PM
AmyCroft

Default Bruder

Originally posted by ragtopz
darn, not enough cores. when i saw this thread, i was going to get this mod instead of my exhaust, but i guess i will get my exhaust first and wait until stillen gets more cores in stock.
The problem with the Core's is there are not many Problems with
da Stock.

Just have your local man pull it.

And snooze for a week - until the new body come's back.

From what I have heard local to Stillen.. It's worth it.

Cheers Amy -

If your shop doesn't charge you a day for the car sitting..

Quick Reply: Stillen AT Valve Body Is Out..