Notices
Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

Mass air flow sensor PROBLEMS HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2004, 02:06 PM
zorrocar1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mass air flow sensor PROBLEMS HELP!

Man I have the JWT Pop charger in and ever since then I have been having problems with my mass air flow sensor. The sensor will not let the engine suck up any oxygen it sounds like it is choking my car. My poor baby! I had to disconnect the sensor to get home I was driving about 30 mph because any faster and the car struggles without the sensor plugged in. Help any suggestions would be appreciated. I think the sensor is sensing water in the air filter region which is why it is shutting down the car. If anyone else has had this problem please let me know and what did you do to fix it. HELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-08-2004, 07:14 PM
biscotti

Try re-setting the ECU first. If this doesn't work, then perhaps your MAF sensor maybe kaput. Good luck.
Old 08-08-2004, 08:09 PM
wren57
Banned

Sounds like you have a bad leak somewhere. Did you tighten everything down well? If you did, go to home depot and buy some NON-ABRASIVE electronic parts cleaner. Remove your MAF and spray it with the cleaner. Let it dry for ~30 minutes (DO NOT TOUCH THE SURFACE OF THE MAF WITH ANYTHING OTHER THAN THE CLEANER). Then reinstall, make sure everything is tight, and your problem should be fixed.
Old 08-08-2004, 09:15 PM
MrGoingdown305

Just wondering...have you ever cleaned and re-oiled your popcharger?
Old 08-09-2004, 01:38 PM
zorrocar1

Originally posted by MrGoingdown305
Just wondering...have you ever cleaned and re-oiled your popcharger?
NO not yet only had it on for about 4000 miles. SHould I and do you think the texas heat could be doing something to it as well.
Old 08-09-2004, 01:40 PM
zorrocar1

Originally posted by wren57
Sounds like you have a bad leak somewhere. Did you tighten everything down well? If you did, go to home depot and buy some NON-ABRASIVE electronic parts cleaner. Remove your MAF and spray it with the cleaner. Let it dry for ~30 minutes (DO NOT TOUCH THE SURFACE OF THE MAF WITH ANYTHING OTHER THAN THE CLEANER). Then reinstall, make sure everything is tight, and your problem should be fixed.

Sounds good. If I had a leak would I be able to hear it. I have a funny sounding high wheen as the engine starts to go WOT. Almost like a piece of metal vibrating extremely fast. I am having the car looked at on thursday I will let everyone know what the problem is.