Notices
Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

Link to FI failures - Your help is needed...

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2004, 09:12 AM
neffster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Link to FI failures - Your help is needed...

For all of those who are running any FI setup who have experienced engine failure, please consider responding to this thread. There are many people in the VQ35DE community (both G35's and 350Z's) considering going down the FI path. Many of us (myself included) are somewhat less knowledgeable than the pioneers that first went down this road.

In light of what recently happened to GurgenPB, Zero2Sixty, JoeNismo, KPierson, and several others which I'm aware of, I'd like to collectively gather data showing the different scenarios that have led to the catastrophic engine failure.

If possible, please list the following:

1. Type of FI method: S/C, TT, Nitrous
2. Brand of FI: Vortec, Greddy, ATI, etc...
3. Boost level at time of failure: x.x psi
4. How much rwhp were you running?
5. How much rwtq were you running?
6. what failed: rod, piston, head, etc...
7. list of parts involved in the FI set up: from bov's to fuel pressure regulators to ecu reflashes, etc...
8. was the car dyno tuned: yes/no

...and any other pertinent information that can be added. I'm not looking to bash one system or method of FI, just looking to learn from others past experiences. Given enough exposure, a thread like this could be really beneficial to those considering going down the FI path in the future. If you did not experience a blown engine but have had problems with the FI kit itself (I think I remember DFW from FA having a problem with his Vortec unit) please include that as well.

I plan on posting this thread in multiple forums with the request of people answering the thread here and as well at this link. click here A simple cut and paste of your responses would be greatly appreciated.