Notices
Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

All my performance mods MIGHT be for sale

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2004, 01:05 PM
D@ActiveTuning

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by bwzabodyn
What about the Tein coilovers w/ EDFC? PM me...
Got dibs on it (post before you ), if he is selling and the price is right.
Old 09-22-2004, 01:17 PM
mpowers

dibs on the ecu but do not want to give up mine if possible.
Old 09-22-2004, 03:50 PM
phile

THe EVO is a great car. My buddy has one. The only downfall is the interior is so baron. THe RS is even worse. Don't get the RS, get the MR
Old 09-22-2004, 04:24 PM
J Ritt

Who is the insurance carrier?
Old 09-22-2004, 05:53 PM
HK$FairladyZ

Where in SoCal are you? I want the LSD and the tein's if thier not damaged...and the brembos if possible.
Old 09-22-2004, 09:16 PM
Egbert Souse

Default Sept. 22 Update - No News

I left my insurance adjuster a voice mail message yesterday that I saw the car torn down and I think it is totalled. The body shop says a frame rail needs to be replaced!

The insurance co. ignored my call all day Wednesday. I won't be in my office on Thursday, but hope to reach the adjuster at some point.

I have not answered most of the PMs I have received about the mod parts, because I still don't know if the ins. co. will total the car. Someone asked for the name of the ins. co. Sorry, I am actively engaged in a legal dispute with them and can't divulge the name. But if the reason for the question is if you are wondering if track events would be covered under your ins. policy, read it. If there is no specific exclusion, and you were not racing or using timing equipment, you are probably OK at any HPDE event where instructors are available. That's just my idle opinion, NOT legal advice.

One thing has become clear. I should buy the wreck back from the ins. co. if they agree to total it. That is good advice, hfm. BTW, all you have to do is say 2 little words, "I'm sorry" (for the BB5 mess), and all the animosity between us is over.
Attached Thumbnails All my performance mods MIGHT be for sale-buttonwillow-crash-right-rear-3-4.jpg  
Old 09-22-2004, 10:00 PM
D@ActiveTuning

If you do buy back the car, there are some stock parts I would definitely be interested in. Keep us updated.
Old 09-22-2004, 10:07 PM
TimeAttack

Default Re: Sept. 22 Update - No News

I'm very interested in the plenum, headers, exhaust.
Please let me know if you decide to sell.
Old 09-22-2004, 10:19 PM
hfm

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Sept. 22 Update - No News

Originally posted by Egbert Souse
BTW, all you have to do is say 2 little words, "I'm sorry" (for the BB5 mess), and all the animosity between us is over.
Won't happen.
Old 09-23-2004, 09:57 AM
03Z33

PM'd about the 3.9 final drive, let me know if you decide to sell that, I am local and can pick it up
Old 09-23-2004, 12:16 PM
blackmumba

i will take the nismo wheels if the price is right pm me if interested
Old 09-23-2004, 12:41 PM
jovasi

Keep in mind, in order to total the car, the cost of repairs must exceed the vehicles value. It's pretty hard to exceed $30,000 on a rearend hit like that. (I'm a claims adjuster)

Oh yeah, I already have first dibs on the wheels.
Old 09-23-2004, 04:13 PM
Egbert Souse

Default Sept. 23 update

My adjuster called me back. I explained that there is a lot of damage, including structural/frame damage. I think its a $20,000 repair. That's less then the market value of an '03 Track with NAV and 19,000 miles, but with that much damage, I hope they will just total it. She was non-committal, and was going to talk to the guy who inspected the car after it was torn down. I think this is going to take at least a week to sort out.

If not, it's at a great body shop, and I'm sure it will come back in excellent condition. New frame rail and all.

Stay tuned.
Attached Thumbnails All my performance mods MIGHT be for sale-buttonwillow-crash-left-side.jpg  
Old 09-23-2004, 04:29 PM
GurgenPB
UltimateSleeper

I might be interested in buying the whole car from you as is, and I will return all the mods to you once I take the engine out..

Let me know.. PM Sent
Old 09-24-2004, 03:10 PM
scan

Kinda off topic but, I just crashed my Z (enthusiast model) and the damages are around $19,200 give or take. From my understanding, there is a certain cut off point in which the insurance company declares the not worth fixing and just paying it off and I'm real close to that cut off line. I still do not know if my car is going to be considered totalled or repaired but the guy that checked the car out from the insurance company said they will probably fix it.
Old 09-24-2004, 03:20 PM
az240z

I am interested in the sway bars and exhaust if not damaged.

az240z
Old 09-25-2004, 04:46 AM
jovasi

Here is a formula alot of insurance companies use.

vehicle value
+ sales tax reimbursement
- salvage value
=========
~~~~~
~~~~~
estimate
+ any supplements
+ rental car costs
=========
~~~~~
~~~~~
if the second is greater than the first, they will total the car
Old 09-25-2004, 04:57 AM
QuantumZ

Actually they usually total when repairs hit about 80% of market value. Something of the nature of that hit wherein more damage is as yet unknown but likely (until the repairs start) will make them more prone to total it out sooner.
I feel for ya; I've been through a few of those with LOTS of mods and I fortunately had the car totalled. I got about $19k for the mods on the car and a bit below payoff on the car itself. The mods came to about what the payoff was so I got darn near twice street value out of it, etc. <shrug>
Lots of time lost but now you have a chance to try something else if you like. I have an EVO right now that I am putting to stock to sell and considering a Z/G. If you are into handling (as you seem to be from the nature of the crash), I'd say that you are looking in the right direction for a very fun car on the track. Glad to hear no one got hurt. Bent metal can be fixed or replaced.

Mark
www.Quantum-Racing.com
Old 09-25-2004, 05:45 AM
John

Ouch! I was wondering what had happened to you since you kind of disappeared a few weeks ago Richard. Sorry to hear about the on-track incident.

I'd be interested in taking your Nismo wheels, Koyo radiator, and the popcharger.

As for the Evo, I'd be weary of running one at track days. I've already seen two blow up, and it wasn't nearly as hot those days as what you see out in SoCal.

Regardless, hope everything works out...
Old 09-25-2004, 10:59 AM
QuantumZ

Originally posted by John
Ouch! I was wondering what had happened to you since you kind of disappeared a few weeks ago Richard. Sorry to hear about the on-track incident.

I'd be interested in taking your Nismo wheels, Koyo radiator, and the popcharger.

As for the Evo, I'd be weary of running one at track days. I've already seen two blow up, and it wasn't nearly as hot those days as what you see out in SoCal.

Regardless, hope everything works out...
Only if they aren't tuned right. I have one putting down 360 whp (on our Dynapack) and he runs the car hard with many days already on it with no problem. It's all dependent on if the tuner is familiar with endurance tuning.

Quick Reply: All my performance mods MIGHT be for sale