Notices
Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

Technosquare Reflash

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2004, 04:01 AM
ZPirate

Received 26 Likes on 9 Posts
Thumbs up Technosquare Reflash

Just got my ECU back from Technosquare yesterday. Although I have only driven about 40 miles with it I can tell a big difference. It seems to make the mods come togehter and the engine runs so smooth. Prior to the reflash my car was not idling as smooth as it used to due to mods I have. I have to go out of town today, but I can hardly wait to get back and run it hard tomorrow afternoon. I'll post more later.
Old 10-16-2004, 04:09 AM
ZPirate

Don't know what happened to my post. It just disappeared. Anyway, just wanted to say I got my ECU back from Technosquare yesterday and it works great. I have only driven about 40 miles with it but I can tell how much smoother the car runs, both with normal driving and idling. My car no longer had a smooth idle after I installed the Crawford Plenum, my last engine mod before the ECU. I have to go out of town today, but I hope to drive the car some more tomorrow afternoon. I'll post more then.
Old 10-16-2004, 10:40 PM
maximumsportZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by ZPirate
Don't know what happened to my post. It just disappeared. Anyway, just wanted to say I got my ECU back from Technosquare yesterday and it works great. I have only driven about 40 miles with it but I can tell how much smoother the car runs, both with normal driving and idling. My car no longer had a smooth idle after I installed the Crawford Plenum, my last engine mod before the ECU. I have to go out of town today, but I hope to drive the car some more tomorrow afternoon. I'll post more then.
Which flash did you get ??

The regular one? or the Crawford package flash?
Old 10-17-2004, 09:06 AM
lowrider

I have the TS Crawford reflash. It really takes advantage of the Crawford goodies. I only have the plenum and cats, but the improvement in the mid and top end is amazing. Best of all I don't bump into the rev limiter anymore, and the power is not falling off when I go to shift. A truly worthwhile mod.

Lou
Old 10-17-2004, 01:35 PM
ZPirate

Originally posted by maximumsportZ
Which flash did you get ??

The regular one? or the Crawford package flash?
I got the Crawford flash even though I like Lowrider above don't have the headers yet. I talked with Doug at Crawford about getting it before the headers and he told me that it should work fine since I had the plenum and the cats along with an intake and exhaust. He said the reflash should adjust the headers when they are installed. I didn't want to have to get the reflash again.

By the way I went out and drove my car pretty hard this afternoon. It really pulls hard now. Can't wait to get the headers on next.
Old 10-17-2004, 03:47 PM
fdao

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Did you just get the Crawford Flash without sending Technosquare your A/F readings?

I was also told by Technosquare that the Crawford Flash may not work as well if you don't have the Crawford Plenum + Headers + CATS. I have the Crawford Plenum + NISMO Headers + Crawford CATS, and was thinking of doing the flash as well, until Technosquare told me this.
Old 10-17-2004, 04:27 PM
ZPirate

Originally posted by fdao
Did you just get the Crawford Flash without sending Technosquare your A/F readings?

I was also told by Technosquare that the Crawford Flash may not work as well if you don't have the Crawford Plenum + Headers + CATS. I have the Crawford Plenum + NISMO Headers + Crawford CATS, and was thinking of doing the flash as well, until Technosquare told me this.
Yes. Technosquare didn't ask for A/F readings, only for a list of my mods. They have a form that they want you to complete when you send your ECU to them with all of the data on your car including model year, transmission and specific mods. I gave them a list of my mods which includes an Injen CAI and a Borla exhaust. I told them that I had the Crawford Package even though I haven't yet installed the headers. Like I said in a previous post I talked to Doug at Crawford before I sent my ECU to Technosquare and he told me he thought it should work fine since I had two out of the three mods in the Crawford package plus other mods. Doug seemed to think that having the plenum was most important of his mods for the reflash. Doug also told me that the 03 ECU adapts better to mods with the reflash than the early 04 does. Mine is an 03. So far it works great.

I also have a friend who has a Kinetix Plenum, Nismo Headers and cams, Kinetix Cats and a Nismo exhaust. She had her ECU reflashed when she got the plenum and the cats. She also had a Borla exhaust. She then added the Nismo headers, Nismo cams and a Nismo exhaust. Her ECU has adjusted to these mods and runs fine. In fact she told me that the ECU now adjusts quickly to each new mod she has installed. I believe her car is an early 04 model.

My suggestion is to talk with Technosquare and see what they recommend, but they should be able to give you the appropriate reflash with the list of mods you provide them with. This may or may not include the Crawford reflash. My understanding is that the Crawford reflash is specific to the Crawford mods, but it may work just fine with the Nismo headers and the Crawford plenum and cats. As I said my mods do not include aftermarket headers at this time, but the other Crawford mods and it works fine with the mods I have. Although my next mod will be the Crawford headers.
Old 10-17-2004, 04:48 PM
fdao

Thanks.
Old 10-17-2004, 09:35 PM
Orange Peel

do you have to remove the steering column to install the crawford headers? I have heard this rumor. Also, how can ensure that heasers are installed right, my last car had an anoying fluttering sound.
Old 10-20-2004, 01:37 AM
ZBoater

I dont know if it has anything to do with the 04 ECU, but I have all the NA bolt on mods and my car idles fine and A/F ratio is fine "without" the ECU reflash.

Does anyone think this has something to do with the 04 ECU being "different"? I heard that it had more memory, but the programming may be different too. Even my voltage is back to normal after the crank pulley install.

Weird.... but good!

Old 10-20-2004, 03:20 AM
Sz28r

I don't have any idling problems with my 03 - - hard to say - - I don't have all the mods you do, I wouldn't expect any problems with just a CAI and exhaust

tough year for the Bucs
Old 10-20-2004, 12:48 PM
ZBoater

Originally posted by Sz28r
...tough year for the Bucs

Tell me about it, especially after spending $54 for that tag...

Go Bucs! (somewhere, anywhere!!!!)

Old 12-12-2004, 10:51 AM
southern_info

Are yall capable of going faster than 156mph with the reflash now and if so how fast have you done so far?
Old 12-14-2004, 01:35 AM
Z BOY

/