Notices
Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

most of the 03 trans problems

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2004, 09:47 AM
barthelb
Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Check this out. I have an 03 w/ 26k mi but I dont have any problems with the tranny or clutch. Car runs flawlessly, however I'm about to Turbo the car sometime next month. What if something comes up later. I also have the extended warranty that covers to 125k i think or 7 yrs. If I don't have the problem should I still take it in or what. Cuz if I F/I the car that will probably blow the warranty. Got any recommendations?
Old 11-19-2004, 10:14 AM
uro279

Originally posted by Strife350z
ok sorry i just read the whole thread and i'm confused... what is the tranny problem you guys are experiencing?

is it a rough shift into first?
is it a grind into 3rd or 6th?
is a clutch rattle?
is it a problem getting the car into gear?
I asked the same question early on and still haven't gotten a clear answer.
Old 11-19-2004, 05:01 PM
bruschijr

heres what I get...

From a stop...

After going from stop to first at the moment I take my foot off the clutch to shift into second gear i hear a clunk sound.... only then no other gears at all.. I dont hear that on the downshift either..

My friend has a salleen mustang that does exactly the same thing..

I guess that its fine we have both driven over 10K miles like that..
Any ideas... its also hard for me to shift into first gear from second or neutral when moving like someone said... it feels like you almost have to force it... but thats no biggie.. i just shift to 2nd then N like someone mentioned to do.
Old 11-20-2004, 08:52 PM
350zWarz

mine was only in 3rd and 6th when shifting fast, third was only occasionally but sixth was every time....if i just held the clutch down and shifted 5th to 6th repeatedly it would grind into 6th every time
Old 11-21-2004, 09:16 PM
kk82nyc

Originally posted by Tex Willer
been waiting close to 3 months now for my front tires... lol

changed rims and tires in the meanwhile. When the tires get here, I'll put the old rims back.

Sad thing, is that I was told that after 22K miles or something, you need to pay a fee.
I'm getting close to 20K miles now..

Nissan will pay for everything regarding this matter if you go to service before 22000mi..(or is it 20000?). it's an open recall...so..it will count from the time your reported it to the dealer~so go to dealer and ask for new tires and alignment along with toe & caster check~(they will do the rest...)
since i've been waiting too long, i suggest to go to dealer as soon as possible...
Old 11-21-2004, 09:29 PM
kk82nyc

Originally posted by Strife350z
ok sorry i just read the whole thread and i'm confused... what is the tranny problem you guys are experiencing?

is it a rough shift into first?
is it a grind into 3rd or 6th?
is a clutch rattle?
is it a problem getting the car into gear?
--------------------------------------------------------------

my major problem was the "clutch rattle". Especially when the driver's side is clover and close to the wall....like Driving thru from McDonalds~~!!~whenever I pressed my clutch i heard all kinds of noise from clutch(sounds like unscrewed bolts)
Second was the gear shifting.....especially on 1st gear and 3rd gear sometimes....sometimes it goes smoothly sometimes it doesn't get in(on 1st & 3rd gear!!)
Now Nissan installed the new transmission with the new clutch~then both problems' gone~
Old 11-28-2004, 01:59 AM
Yavar350z

if u guys have any problems with ur car from now on,dont even waste ur time going to the dealer...there is a shortcut.that u dont have to wait as long and u get the rite part.. just call this number and explain what ur having problim with and ur cars Jn number and the dealer ur going to take it to and thats it problem would be solves in less then a day.....
the number is 1800 NISSAN 1
Old 11-28-2004, 05:57 AM
daequitz

Default Re: most of the 03 trans problems

Originally posted by Yavar350z
after 1 year driving the Z,i finally found the first problem,and thank god,warranty covers it all plus they do a free clutch also...

when i start my car i hear the clutch,when the engines cold
same sound comes on the 1 st and 3rd gear
take urs to the dealer before the tsn# is expired they re only having the problem on 03 models
ill update on monday and ill post the tsn#papers for yall.....
Not sure if you've already seen this thread........Latest on Transmission replacement!! .

I'm trying to get up to speed with this issue too.