Notices
Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

Bad Scammer

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2004, 02:25 PM
acerys

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bad Scammer

Everyone beware of dealing with jaerian. He bought used AP racing brake, all new pads and all new NISMO camshafts from me about half year ago, and he has not even paid me anything so far. I even sent him a pair of 7000k D2R and K&N filter for free, because I was very happy the guy buys all my kits at one time. We agreed that he sends the money out right after I send the kits out, and we both exchange the track number, but he did not give me the track number because he said he sent the check with regular mail. I had not received his check after that 3 weeks, he replied that he wrote the wrong address and would resend again. During that time, he received the kits, but some of the pats were lost, and I sent money for him to buy new kit. Even though I still did not receive his second check, he said he wrote my address wrong again. What a stupid guy. I had sent my address to him for about 10 times in right format, clear labels and legible characters. I was still waiting his check until he said his car run into an accident on August because of my defective brakes, which he put on his car. I got licensed mechanics putting them on and worked great on my car, and also got licensed mechanics putting them off. He was like insane and prepared to fight me with law, but finally he said he would send the money to me. I have been waiting my money for about half year since May. I PM him and emailed him a month ago to confirm everything going ok, and tried many time to contact him, got no reply until I said that “this is the last message, if I do not get reply from you in 3 days, I will think you are running. I will be posting the story as you are scammer on web sites.” he replied so quick. He said ******** again that I sent him defective kits, and his car is still in shop and will sent the kits back after everything gets done, if I defame him, he will do the something to me. You car has been in shop 3 month? If the brakes are defective, they were probably damaged in transit. That is not my fault. You indeed knew that, and you still put them on and got the consequence, that is your insight. I am not responsible for that. I do not believe you anymore, because you have been editing long story. I have been dealing with people on websites with my sincerity and morality, I can not get my 4000 bucks back, but I have to let everyone know your story. I know there are few guys also had the same experience with him.

Here is his information:
Jeremy Operana
2266 Watermarke Place, Irvine. CA 92612
Old 11-16-2004, 04:01 PM
LNWLF

You should get yourself a lawyer to clean this mess up; sorry to hear about your dealings with this fellow.
Old 11-16-2004, 04:19 PM
03Z33

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I live just down the street from this guy, never met him though... let me know if I can help mediate something between you, maybe he can show me what's wrong?
Old 11-16-2004, 04:31 PM
1000HP

tough luck man. I would have used escrow or some other secure service.
Old 11-16-2004, 05:56 PM
acerys

I am living in Canada. To employ a lawyer is difficult to fight him with law by the this far. Thanks a lot 03Z33
Old 11-16-2004, 08:55 PM
ReavTek

I'm not sure but maybe you could contact local law enforcement in his area and ask if they can help. Also, try this site:

http://www.ifccfbi.gov/index.asp
Old 11-16-2004, 10:14 PM
acerys

Guys, I got some new information here about Jeremy Operana. If you were scammed by him,please PM me
Old 11-16-2004, 10:17 PM
Z BOY

Dude,
You have so much recourse you don't even know about: call your local pd, pd in his town, go to fbi internet fraud website. Go to every z/g website, and post his name in all caps in subject line as a scammer.
I've had dealings with this punk. He hopes you'll just give up. Don't!
Old 11-16-2004, 10:23 PM
acerys

I can not reach him, but some guys can, they are taking him in court.
Old 11-17-2004, 10:04 AM
dchi_t

why would u send anything without receiving money first? sorry for the stupid question...just wondering
Old 11-17-2004, 10:16 AM
acerys

I had dealt with nice guys here,they always sent my money right after I sent my parts out. I admit that I loosed my beware when I dealt with him
Old 11-17-2004, 10:37 AM
dnguyent

Hmmm.... About two months ago, that same guy tried to sell me a set of AP brakes after I inquired about the sale of another set of brakes that he posted in the Private Market place.

No wonder communication got suddenly quiet after I mentioned I was going to use escrow service!
Old 11-17-2004, 11:06 AM
Strife350z

oh man, sorry to hear

good luck acerys... actually something similar happened last year to someone i know... well not to him, but it's a funny story:

someone in the States bought something from someone in Canada, the poor buyer sends his cash and doesn't receive an item... so the buyer (a celica owner) posts a message on the Canadian celica boards asking for help

local folks heed the call... a club member (the acquaintance) went to the sellers house and said that the buyer was a friend of his... it spooked the guy so much, he ended up sending the item in the end

just goes to show you that anything can happen, even with simple passive efforts (03Z33 might be your vigiliante? lol j/k)

good luck

Last edited by Strife350z; 11-17-2004 at 11:08 AM.
Old 11-18-2004, 02:35 PM
Mach430

Originally posted by Z BOY
Dude,
You have so much recourse you don't even know about: call your local pd, pd in his town, go to fbi internet fraud website. Go to every z/g website, and post his name in all caps in subject line as a scammer.
I've had dealings with this punk. He hopes you'll just give up. Don't!
Isn't internet fraud handled by the dept of homeland security? that could bring him a lot of fun.