Notices
Engine Swaps For all your engine swap experiences, ideas, questions, & more..

Got a donor car.

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2016, 07:38 PM
zyou8er

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Got a donor car.

Hi, got a donor car at our salvage yard, and I want to take everything I need to complete a swap into my DE. Donor car is a HR, I know I need the tranny, Engine, and such. My question is, what wiring harness do I need, so I do not have to spend 1800 for a harness from zfvr. Any info would help, Thank you!
Old 10-23-2016, 08:18 PM
HRMoneyPit

Received 268 Likes on 218 Posts

Sell me the diff!
Old 10-23-2016, 08:23 PM
dcains

Received 435 Likes on 342 Posts

Everything - the engine, computer, harness, gauge cluster, even the BCM. The HR > DE swap is not supposed to be a simple one. A lot of other little stuff, too, like the radiator, PS and coolant reservoirs, strut bar, hood . . .
Old 10-23-2016, 09:01 PM
dkmura
General & DIY Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 1,292 Likes on 896 Posts

Don't forget the steering rack- the HR starter is on the other side from a DE, so even the steering rack is different.
Old 10-23-2016, 10:35 PM
zyou8er

Originally Posted by dcains
Everything - the engine, computer, harness, gauge cluster, even the BCM. The HR > DE swap is not supposed to be a simple one. A lot of other little stuff, too, like the radiator, PS and coolant reservoirs, strut bar, hood . . .
BCM., Body Control Module?
Old 10-23-2016, 10:37 PM
zyou8er

Originally Posted by dkmura
Don't forget the steering rack- the HR starter is on the other side from a DE, so even the steering rack is different.
After two hours of reading, I found out that some people simply bend the lines on the rack, to clear the starter, I'll see how it goes. Thanks!
Old 10-27-2016, 08:54 PM
zyou8er

Ok guys, after much reading. I decided to tear down an extra DE EFI., harness that i had, to see what the wires are, what sensor goes to which ecu pin and such. The DE, EFI., Harness has one big black connector that clips on to the ECU, one white connector that clips onto the dash harness, AND Three other connectors that clip on the harness that is in the Engine bay. So far, i have figured out all the wring pin out on this DE harness. Now, i'm going to order an extra HR EFI., Harness, and do the same thing with it, this will give me a good idea of what is missing, and what are the wires that come from the Dash harness and clip onto the ECU., the third connector as some know it to be. Once i figure it all out, i will do my best to rewire the harness without having to swap out the IPDM, BCU and other stuff.
As for the NATS., i will have a locksmith come over and program the key to the new ECU, it cost 75 dollars to do, which i have had done before on two different cars.
Once i figure it all out, and G-d wiling it works out, i will do a write up with pictures and all the info., needed and share it on the forum,hopefully that helps the next person out. Will keep you guys posted.