Notices
Engine Swaps For all your engine swap experiences, ideas, questions, & more..

LSA Swap question

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2017, 04:55 AM
Mr. Stimples

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LSA Swap question

What are the complications of using a swap kit with a LSA 6.2L Supercharged with a T-56, will it still work out the same as an f-body? I'm just accumulating a parts list at the moment and have found myself looking at the LSA. I was looking more at the FR kit because of the lower and further back mounting, in the end though I suppose I don't care as long as fits...

I could call and ask but I'm not at the buying stage and just want to get parts and bank in line before jumping off the cliff.
Old 04-15-2017, 05:37 AM
Conway_160

Received 341 Likes on 280 Posts

Its all the same, from what I've read.
Old 04-15-2017, 02:10 PM
Mr. Stimples

That is what I thought too but, I can't seem to find very many that have done it. Next I have to figure out what yoke is used in the kit, because swapping it for a 31 spline is on my mind. I intend on going beyond the 700 lbs tq of the standard T-56. So I was looking at built ones and from what I can tell they are all 31 spline.

Then the wiring ordeal is honestly my biggest concern. I plan on installing the holly dominator efi so I can adjusting the air/fuel ratio and timing of each cylinder individually, just unsure of how that will play out with the canbus
Old 04-15-2017, 06:01 PM
Conway_160

Received 341 Likes on 280 Posts

You can get a canbus adapter from what i've been reading. If your felling really adventures see if you can get the Auto from a CTS-V and make that bastard fit.
Old 04-18-2017, 05:35 PM
Mr. Stimples

Bah ..I'm fickle! Went and changed my mind on the LSA, figure if I am going go blown I might as well go for it, "if it's not blown then it must suck." Think I will go for an LSX376-B15 and throw a 4.0l whipple on it.