Notices
Europe Netherlands, Belgium, Italy, France, Ireland, etc.

Gettin my Z in Germany

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2008, 08:18 AM
35Z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Autobahn Driving

Originally Posted by mac d
I have had Lams and Ferrari's pass me too and I was going 150+mph, they didn't fly by too badly. I would never buy one of those cars though because I would rather spend it on something else. The Z is good enough for me........

But to each his own..........enjoy the Porsche and the insurance.......LOL!
Sold the Porsche years ago (That's the car I drove over in Germany at the time). I currently own a 350Z. I remember that an insurance rider was needed for extended length of time driving a personnel vehicle in Europe; but this was years ago. I do not know whether USA based insurance companies will insure your vehicle while driving in a foreign country.... Let me know about insurance.

Thanks.
Old 08-13-2008, 08:30 AM
jumpin800agl
8 to 11

I am PCSing to Italy in February. I also am worried about my car meeting requirements. I doubt I meet emissions with my TT kit, 3 inch downpipes, and true dual exhaust. I hate to take parts off of it though. I guess I will have to take the tint off also which sucks too. I have my stock cats in my garage though so maybe I can just swap them out for inspection.
Old 08-13-2008, 08:32 AM
jumpin800agl
8 to 11

Originally Posted by mac d
LOL!

oh and BTW that is real whack putting your Army Recruiter crap on your message...........
seeing his sig made me laugh also. I am recruiting right now also. 5 more months and I am free!!
Old 08-13-2008, 01:18 PM
alfonsohaskins

when i got my car checked they didnt look at any thing. all they did was a db test on my exhaust. but iam sure if your cats dont look stock they might have something to say bout that. cause they do check under your car but like u said put the stocks on and switch them out and problem solved. good luck but this is germany and that is italy dont know if there is a difference.
Old 08-13-2008, 08:05 PM
jumpin800agl
8 to 11

Originally Posted by alfonsohaskins
when i got my car checked they didnt look at any thing. all they did was a db test on my exhaust. but iam sure if your cats dont look stock they might have something to say bout that. cause they do check under your car but like u said put the stocks on and switch them out and problem solved. good luck but this is germany and that is italy dont know if there is a difference.
Yeah it would be pretty hard to miss i think. the DP's go straight in to the 2.75" TD exhaust. Guess I will find out soon enough. luckily the EVOTT exhaust is not that loud. Do they just check it at idle. . .? if they take it out on the road I would be screwed lol. Open dumps are not stealthy. Although I don't see how it would matter at the level some Ferraris reach with their exhausts.
Old 08-14-2008, 05:24 PM
fatjoe

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default hey! Hey!! HEY!!!

Originally Posted by jumpin800agl
seeing his sig made me laugh also. I am recruiting right now also. 5 more months and I am free!!

I am happy to go through the HELL of recruiting!
... because I'm going to make SFC first look from.
110 points from gold ring and I've been a recruiter for 1 year and one month.

Thank you.
Old 08-14-2008, 07:06 PM
jumpin800agl
8 to 11

Originally Posted by fatjoe
I am happy to go through the HELL of recruiting!
... because I'm going to make SFC first look from.
110 points from gold ring and I've been a recruiter for 1 year and one month.

Thank you.
got the gold badge and the ring. Should have the Morrell soon, doesn't mean i like it.
Old 08-15-2008, 05:39 AM
alfonsohaskins

Originally Posted by jumpin800agl
Yeah it would be pretty hard to miss i think. the DP's go straight in to the 2.75" TD exhaust. Guess I will find out soon enough. luckily the EVOTT exhaust is not that loud. Do they just check it at idle. . .? if they take it out on the road I would be screwed lol. Open dumps are not stealthy. Although I don't see how it would matter at the level some Ferraris reach with their exhausts.

they check the db at idle, and they hold it at 4 grand for a couple sec to get a db test again. They will check both tips about 24inch away from them. all i have is a pop charger plenum spacer and injen exhaust and i bearly passed with a 89 they said u cant have 90db or u fail. now that i think about it u might have a little trouble lol.

oh yea enuff army talk not only do i have to hear it at work but when i get online i dont want to read about it.
Old 09-03-2008, 03:26 AM
NightRider80

oh **** 90db. Hmmm, I will have to get mine checked out then before I ship it over. I am pretty sure I would be screwed.
Old 09-21-2008, 08:42 AM
spirey

Your car can be lower than 6 inches, but they will not pay for damage to bumpers, etc. if it's lower than 6. I had to break out the ruler on them as they scrapped my bumper unloading it. Not even noticeable looking at it but I got $175 for it. They didn't frown on my tint as I told them it was factory installed, which luckily it looks factory installed. As far as the pipes, yeah just install the stock for inspection then reinstall the mod. I have had no trouble with the police except when I almost head-on'ed into one hahaha. Hope this helps. Good luck.
Old 09-21-2008, 10:14 AM
jumpin800agl
8 to 11

^^^ I have springs on the car now, but before i ship it n Feb. i will be adding coilovers to fix the height issue. Will have to see about the exhaust issue though since i have 3 in. DP with dumps, may be a pain to take on and off to ad the cats.
Old 09-22-2008, 07:58 AM
spdtckts

this makes me sad right now my wife is running germany with my z as i build sand castles in iraq.
Old 05-17-2011, 03:58 AM
SpeedRacer1

Default Sorry for digging up an old thread

Moved to Germany a couple months ago and am looking at shipping my 2004 350Z to Germany from USA.

Curious as to what TUEV (don't have the goofy U on this keyboard) made you change? (if anything) Also, any good/bad experiences with shipping companies?
Old 05-17-2011, 06:18 AM
angelo350z

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

^^ I had my Z shipped in 2008 straight from the dealership in Miami and it arrived in perfect condition. They picked it from the dealership, loaded it on a vessel in a container, had the car in customs in 6 weeks, and transported it to my front door for under $3,000. If I opted for the non-containerized shipping and didn't have them deliver to my house, total price would have been $1,700. I'll send you the shipper's information if you want, but they really did take care of the car. I'm military so I didn't have to change anything.
Old 05-17-2011, 03:26 PM
jumpin800agl
8 to 11

I bought a G37 Coupe a couple months before coming here in Feb 2009. Then found out my insurance would be outrageous in Italy. Kept car garaged in states til last Nov and finally sold it. Added a whopping 10k miles in 3 years. Sold the 350zTT before moving also. I regret doing that, would have been a fun car to have here. Although would've been expensive if anything broke on it.
Old 05-21-2011, 12:23 AM
SpeedRacer1

If you still have the information for the shipper, that would be great. As I'm a civilian, it will probably be about the same. Increase for military discount offset by a decrease for marine insurance (based upon cost of the car).

Insurance is more expensive in Germany versus the states, but by about $500. For that, I'd prefer to have her in Germany with me than sitting in storage.

So far the changes don't look too bad from what I've researched.
-Headlight wipers (for xenon lights) or replace them
-Headlight adjustment control
-Rear fog light
-Possibly a side mounted turn signal