Notices
Event Photos Various photos from car shows, meets and events.

Redline Time Attack Nashville Super Speedway!

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2008, 01:52 PM
JAM3Z
Phenom

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Tyler4
+1 But I think if his comments are ignored, then they will stop popping up.
I agree.

At any rate, its good to see all the cars running well, and I'm looking forward to some good (friendly) competition in the future .
Old 07-29-2008, 03:59 PM
Lawy'dU

Originally Posted by JAMEZ@CiNcity
I agree.

At any rate, its good to see all the cars running well, and I'm looking forward to some good (friendly) competition in the future .
are you serious? Oh, the irony in this statement.

Sharif had a screwed up tune on his own car and he blew Phill's motor LMAO. My comments have considerable backing, but whatever, beleive whomever you want. I'm not even getting into the shady crap that I heard that they pulled at this event, on top of still loosing to the car with the engine that has been said to have been horrible from the beginning, and not being man enough to face the person that those two had continuously slandered on the forum.

All bullsht aside the results speak for themselves, and I hope you fellas have learned your lesson.

Last edited by Lawy'dU; 07-29-2008 at 04:02 PM.
Old 07-29-2008, 04:10 PM
JAM3Z
Phenom

Originally Posted by Lawy'dU
are you serious? Oh, the irony in this statement.

Sharif had a screwed up tune on his own car and he blew Phill's motor LMAO.
Way to make huge assumptions. How do you plan to substantiate those comments about Phils motor. You have backing right?
my comments have considerable backing
As do mine.

whatever, beleive whomever you want. I'm not even getting into the shady crap that I heard that they pulled at this event
Oh, great, you heard some stuff about an event you didn't even attend. Good for you. Frankly, I think you're full of crap (but my comments have considerable backing )
on top of still loosing to the car with the engine that has been said to have been horrible from the beginning, and not being man enough to face the person that those two can continuously slandered on the forum.

All bullsht aside the results speak for themselves, and I hope you fellas have learned your lesson.
What are you talking about? Phil has stated numerous times he went and talked to the BC guys. As far as learning a lesson, I'm not sure what thats supposed to mean. I've learned you talk out of your *** a lot, does that count?

**** off. Seriously, if you want to create a thread to trash Forged/Sharif/Phil and fly the RA/Scott Bush flag be my guest, but do your trash talking elsewhere. Seriously, I'm so tired of this crap its unbelievable.

Notice you're the only one trying to start drama here? No one from BC has said anything because they're mature enough to put things behind them. I think you'd be well advised to do the same .

Last edited by JAM3Z; 07-29-2008 at 05:43 PM.
Old 07-29-2008, 05:33 PM
XKR

James ....by responding to this guy I am going to have to lower your IQ rating a little ....Sorry ....I had to do it.

We all know this guy is one of the BIGGEST TOOLS on here. He swings from Scotts ******* so much he smells like it.

This Redline even is not one race.... there are many more. Hell..I have done three 24 hours of Daytona and it was not until the third one before I got to 22 hours....and I had some of the best Porsche mechanic's in my pit crew.

If I was this guy...I would wait until the last event before talking ****

Racing is a crazy sport....ego's get out of hand and you push the car way more than you would normally.....either you run it into the wall or you blow something up.

Sometimes it takes many races to dial a race car in. From the pictures of sharif's car I can tell that some Camber and Toe could be added.....

But anyway....getting second place for your first event with steering issues is impressive no matter what.
Old 07-29-2008, 05:42 PM
JAM3Z
Phenom

Originally Posted by XKR
James ....by responding to this guy I am going to have to lower your IQ rating a little ....Sorry ....I had to do it.
Sorry Mike, I couldn't resist shutting that guy down

I have all faith that the FP will have an even better showing at the forthcoming rounds.
Old 07-29-2008, 05:56 PM
XKR

Originally Posted by JAMEZ@CiNcity
Sorry Mike, I couldn't resist shutting that guy down

I have all faith that the FP will have an even better showing at the forthcoming rounds.

OK James....I will give you one chance

FP will do better at the next even for sure. Running the car at 10 psi while other are running at 14 + psi and getting second place by 1 second speaks for itself. I am sure now that everyone knows that Sharif will be turning up the boost....others will follow risking their motor..... This will be something to see for sure.

See you at the next event
Old 07-29-2008, 06:07 PM
IIQuickSilverII

Received 215 Likes on 184 Posts

..... blah blah blah blah ........

Old 07-29-2008, 08:01 PM
Trevor_

Originally Posted by XKR

FP will do better at the next even for sure. Running the car at 10 psi while other are running at 14 + psi and getting second place by 1 second speaks for itself. I am sure now that everyone knows that Sharif will be turning up the boost....others will follow risking their motor..... This will be something to see for sure.

Boost pressure isn't as important as you guys are making it out to be. Corner exit speed is way more important than overall top end power which is where having extra power can make you slower.
Old 07-29-2008, 08:57 PM
JETPILOT

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This was a pretty short track. Boost isn't going to be much of a factor here. being smooth is key to being fast. I have 16psi and 565 whp it makes being smooth a challenge. On a longer course with good straight aways boost will be a bigger part of the equation.
Old 07-30-2008, 05:29 AM
XKR

Originally Posted by Trevor_
Boost pressure isn't as important as you guys are making it out to be. Corner exit speed is way more important than overall top end power which is where having extra power can make you slower.
I have to disagree with you on that if we are talking about skilled and experience drivers.....if we are talking about novice drivers...then your point is valid.

If the car is prepped correctly :ie camber/Toe...you will not have problems with the power. Driving skills and experience also come into play. Where you will use the power is on the banking.....not in the corners. Knowing when to and how to takes time and practice.

I have been on 1.1 mile tracks with more turns than straights where World Sports Cars ....cars like the 333 SP Ferrari with 800+ hp have rocketed by me like my E-Brake was up...At that time my car only had 630 or so hp.....they did not seem to have problems with that much power. Now put a novice driver in a car like that and we have problems.

So a less skilled driver will have more trouble with more HP. The results prove that.
Old 07-30-2008, 05:50 AM
XKR

Originally Posted by JETPILOT
This was a pretty short track. Boost isn't going to be much of a factor here. being smooth is key to being fast. I have 16psi and 565 whp it makes being smooth a challenge. On a longer course with good straight aways boost will be a bigger part of the equation.
I have ran more power on small tracks with no issues with control. Aggressive camber and toe with good suspension usually fixes that problem.....driving skills helps alot also.

Most on here will not go as aggressive with camber or toe as I do because most drive to the track. I am hardcore into road racing..... tractor trailor and all .....all driving skills and zero mechanical skills.....thats why I have a crew even when I am practicing. Sometimes I will bring the G to the track....have the setting changed and run the hell out of her ( just incase Sharif sees this...I run it at 5 psi's )to see if I can beat the race car times because the G has more power.....It usually does for one or 2 laps now that I have much bigger brakes and I run it on ultra soft race tires.

Look at the pictures of the cars that entered the event....it tells me alot about how they have their cars setup.
Old 07-30-2008, 08:03 AM
EnjukuBG
Sponsor
Enjuku Racing

Originally Posted by XKR

Boost isnt the only factor sunshine. Yea, 10psi vs 14 psi, but also, 3125lbs vs 3500ish(maybe more). Sharif will be turning up the boost, BC still has boost to go, and weight to shed. But really, now that we've got all of our differences settled with everyone, it makes it so much more fun, friendly competition is the best kind . And going up a few more psi for BC wont be a risk . Redline should be giving BC royalties for bringing all these Z's and G's into the game
Old 07-30-2008, 08:21 AM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Black Guy
Boost isnt the only factor sunshine. Yea, 10psi vs 14 psi, but also, 3125lbs vs 3500ish(maybe more). Sharif will be turning up the boost, BC still has boost to go, and weight to shed. But really, now that we've got all of our differences settled with everyone, it makes it so much more fun, friendly competition is the best kind . And going up a few more psi for BC wont be a risk . Redline should be giving BC royalties for bringing all these Z's and G's into the game
haha..I agree.

What I've saying from the begining, is that car setup and driver is about 80% of it. Power is the other 20%. I agree completely. How many times have we seen cars with loads more power, get wipped by lightweight cars, with better drivers, and half the power. Happens all the time.

I am just happy to keep up with the professional drivers.
Old 07-30-2008, 08:42 AM
EnjukuBG
Sponsor
Enjuku Racing

Originally Posted by Sharif@Forged
haha..I agree.

What I've saying from the begining, is that car setup and driver is about 80% of it. Power is the other 20%. I agree completely. How many times have we seen cars with loads more power, get wipped by lightweight cars, with better drivers, and half the power. Happens all the time.

I am just happy to keep up with the professional drivers.
Yup, power is not everything. You were throwing down super consistent times which impressed me. I wasnt clear on what modified tires you were running though, the split wasnt too far off from your modified and unlimited tires. Anyway, keep up the good work, the Sheriff is in town now, everybody watch out

Redline ftw! I may hang up my drift tires to get in on some street class action....
Old 07-30-2008, 08:43 AM
EnjukuBG
Sponsor
Enjuku Racing

Philthy, you got some captain in you?
Old 07-30-2008, 11:08 AM
__jb
Z + Rear Seat

That's funny...

Looks like you all had a good time... Congratulations to everyone!
Old 07-30-2008, 11:28 AM
XKR

Oh..I have your "sunshine" right here !!

If you notice...Sharif posted that he was installing a roll cage...so 3125lbs will not be his cars weight.

As far as having more boost to go......we will see in time.

If rules will allow....I will bring my race car also....but I am sure I will hear some whining about it......we will see.
Old 07-30-2008, 11:32 AM
IIQuickSilverII

Received 215 Likes on 184 Posts

Old 07-30-2008, 11:34 AM
JAM3Z
Phenom

I just noticed that Sharif has the Forged logo custome embroidered on his nomex suit. NOICE!
Old 07-30-2008, 12:45 PM
MethodRN
For Sale

Great lookin pics!

Quick Reply: Redline Time Attack Nashville Super Speedway!