Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

got pulled over...yet again...

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2005, 09:04 AM
old_s13

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by nroman
I am a State Trooper in Illinois. I write my tickets based on age, attitude and sometimes what car they are driving.
Your not a pig, you're just insecure and have a job that surpasses your logical capacity. How about this as a suggestion, write tickets based on.............

...... ready for the kick here .............

write tickets based on infractions of the law! I want to say that your post amazes me, but it doesnt.. because I've come across good cops and bad cops, you obviously fall into the latter catagory. Not saying you are absolutely useless, but if you're going to do your job -- please, do it right. While someone's attitude can make you biased, the reality is.. its the violation which is most important.

The fact that you let off "hot girls" .... just shows that you're a sucker in real life, you're getting played when you arent wearing the badge.. AND when you're wearing it!

Comedy............
Old 02-17-2005, 09:15 AM
nroman
Banned

Originally posted by old_s13
Your not a pig, you're just insecure and have a job that surpasses your logical capacity. How about this as a suggestion, write tickets based on.............

...... ready for the kick here .............

write tickets based on infractions of the law! I want to say that your post amazes me, but it doesnt.. because I've come across good cops and bad cops, you obviously fall into the latter catagory. Not saying you are absolutely useless, but if you're going to do your job -- please, do it right. While someone's attitude can make you biased, the reality is.. its the violation which is most important.

The fact that you let off "hot girls" .... just shows that you're a sucker in real life, you're getting played when you arent wearing the badge.. AND when you're wearing it!

Comedy............
Calm Down man, most of my writting was just to stir something up. Being a cop you do have to pick and choose who you are going to write tickets to. If you didn't you would be pulling over everyone who was breaking the law and writting non stop tickets. If I was to pull over two different people doing 85mph in a 65 mph zone.... One was an 80 year old man who was driving a beat up 1990 Ford Tempo, and the other who was a young kid age of 17 who was driving a 2005 BMW, I am most likely going to give the young kid a ticket, and probably let the older guy go in most cases. This is how we pick and choose, and to say that I am going to let most people I pull over who have 350Z go, whats wrong with that??
I don't wan't to **** anyone off, I just post stuff to start a good conversation.
Old 02-17-2005, 09:34 AM
JCat
---------------

Received 73 Likes on 48 Posts

That 80 year old man almost T-Boned me at lunch time cause he didn't see the red light !!!!

(I'm not making this up)
Old 02-17-2005, 09:42 AM
old_s13

Calm Down man, most of my writting was just to stir something up. Being a cop you do have to pick and choose who you are going to write tickets to. If you didn't you would be pulling over everyone who was breaking the law and writting non stop tickets. If I was to pull over two different people doing 85mph in a 65 mph zone.... One was an 80 year old man who was driving a beat up 1990 Ford Tempo, and the other who was a young kid age of 17 who was driving a 2005 BMW, I am most likely going to give the young kid a ticket, and probably let the older guy go in most cases. This is how we pick and choose, and to say that I am going to let most people I pull over who have 350Z go, whats wrong with that??
I don't wan't to **** anyone off, I just post stuff to start a good conversation.
I could care less what YOU do, because I am in SoCal and you arent.. so the chances of me having to waste time in court fighting your citation isnt going to happen.

Cops are cops, enforce the law -- thats your job, do it.
Old 02-17-2005, 05:14 PM
nroman
Banned

Originally posted by old_s13
I could care less what YOU do, because I am in SoCal and you arent.. so the chances of me having to waste time in court fighting your citation isnt going to happen.

Cops are cops, enforce the law -- thats your job, do it.
Yes Sir, do your job then to. I don't tell you how to do your job, so don't tell me how to do mine.
Old 02-17-2005, 05:38 PM
Ahsmo
Imakecopies

One was an 80 year old man who was driving a beat up 1990 Ford Tempo, and the other who was a young kid age of 17 who was driving a 2005 BMW, I am most likely going to give the young kid a ticket, and probably let the older guy go in most cases. This is how we pick and choose, and to say that I am going to let most people I pull over who have 350Z go, whats wrong with that??

ignorant

Is it your job to irrational like that? Is your mindset common amoung your co-workers. Do you have an objective sense of your job at all?

maybe Im being a hardass but I've had my car torn apart before by a fellow who thought exactly like you.

holy crap,almost missed this... you got $14,000 of Mods. what a badass

Last edited by Ahsmo; 02-17-2005 at 05:44 PM.
Old 02-19-2005, 01:11 PM
AvengerZ

I hate cops...
Old 02-19-2005, 11:19 PM
Sins4u33

Cops love me...i got 2 tickets in a day....my luck right....luckaly for the second ticket i had my registration and licensce already handy so when he came to the window i just handed it to him.... i knew i was fukin around so i wasn't going to BS him...but i gave a pretty good story that got me only a warning on the second one....

Ben Y
Old 02-20-2005, 11:39 AM
rolling

Unfortunatly i think when it comes to these typs of complaints Police can do prety much whatever they want, you can complain this way and that way but in the end, youll still get the ticket, if you go to court the judge wil still side with the police and you get dinged on yer record,

and im not anti- cop believe it or not
My dad is retired city cop and his wife is current county cop and so are all of there friends so i been arround it a little heheh
Old 02-20-2005, 12:59 PM
DM4

Hold the phone here a minute... Does anyone REALLY believe that Nroman is a cop. I am guessing that 1) he is just stirrring things up (which I like), or 2) he is a delusional wanna-be, possibly a criminal justice student ( which is sacry)
Old 02-20-2005, 01:19 PM
nroman
Banned

Actually I am a cop, and I just like stirring stuff up. People take some stuff just way to seriously on here. Its a forum for an awesome sports car which people have fun driving and talking about. Loosen up people, enjoy life.
Old 02-20-2005, 10:03 PM
Ahsmo
Imakecopies

Actually I am a cop, and I just like stirring stuff up. People take some stuff just way to seriously on here. Its a forum for an awesome sports car which people have fun driving and talking about. Loosen up people, enjoy life.

negative, when I look over my shoulder all the time in fear of getting my car torn appart again, I have a right to your sarcasm seriously. Granted Id prob fk with people the same
Old 02-21-2005, 03:55 PM
dolemizer

a cop's job is a thankless one that earns very little respect.

I don't like getting tickets, but 80% of the time, i usually deserved it.

Most cops are cool with you if you are cool with them. Profiling in some ways may seem unethical, but is a simple reality for cops that are on duty, be it consciously or not.

You pay to play...if you make your car very flashy, you're inviting yourself attention and additional scrutiny from cops, car theifs, and women (although you probably will be more than likely to attract curious men and adolescents than you would women with a 'fixed up' car)
Old 02-21-2005, 09:19 PM
cloudy

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by jcn30127
That 80 year old man almost T-Boned me at lunch time cause he didn't see the red light !!!!

(I'm not making this up)
i hate old ppl.... they are ****n bad drivers... ppl say 16year olds are bad drivers... LOOK AT THOSE OLD BASTARDS! THEIR MORE DANGEROUS! they run redlights more, run stop signs, and rearend lots of bitches cause their reaction time is so slow.. and worst of all, they go really slow or randomly break which causes accidents... </3 old ppl drivers with a passion. (i got tboned by a stupid old ***** who ran a stop sign, then a week later some old man almost rear ended me.. so u can see where my hatred comes from)

o and i dont think nroman is a cop. 1) iam not sure how much cops make.. but i dont know if its enough to buy a Z then put over 14grand into it, and still have enough $$ to pay off other bills. 2) his reasoning for giving tickets is just complete bullsh1t. If he really is a cop, he made all that up just to stir up drama, i gurantee he doesnt give out tickets like that. But i agree with people, even if he doesnt mean what he says, alot of people have had bad exp. with cops so thats just thrown gasoline on the fire... 93 octane gasoline to be exact...
Old 02-22-2005, 06:58 AM
nroman
Banned

o and i dont think nroman is a cop. 1) iam not sure how much cops make.. but i dont know if its enough to buy a Z then put over 14grand into it, and still have enough $$ to pay off other bills.

No, I dont make crap for money. I would not be able to afford a Z on my salary at all. Although, I spent 15 months in Iraq last year with the Army Reserve's, so that is how I paid for my Z and my mods. I thought I deserved it after playing in the sand box for that long. And I am just stirring stuff up, don't take it to seriously.
Old 02-22-2005, 08:02 AM
JCat
---------------

Received 73 Likes on 48 Posts

Thank you for "playing in the sand box". Anyone who has done that has earned my respect.
Old 02-22-2005, 08:31 AM
old_s13

Hes still a crap cop, regardless of how he claims to have served our country.

Like I said, do your job. Stop being biased.
Old 02-22-2005, 08:55 AM
cloudy

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

old_s13, he was just joking about thats how he does his job. Did you not catch that part? I understand what ur saying, id prob be sayn the same thing if he didnt just admit to sayn that to stir **** up.
Old 02-22-2005, 11:23 AM
Ahsmo
Imakecopies

Although, I spent 15 months in Iraq last year with the Army Reserve's, so that is how I paid for my Z and my mods. I thought I deserved it after playing in the sand box for that long. And I am just stirring stuff up, don't take it to seriously.

I was on my way in May but am not anymore for now.

Merchant Marine Academy decided I should go to school and become an officer rather than go play in the sand box as a lance corporal.

I have a rational respect for your actions but not your words
Old 02-23-2005, 02:55 PM
hbm21rx

I's a little late on the subject, i just read ur post, but i run my white leds all the time around MIramar and Miami and no cop has ever pulled me over, most of them commented on my car and liked the lights, but none of them hassled me about them.