Exterior & Interior 350Z Body modification, interior styling and lighting
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Vertex replica kit

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2004, 12:44 PM
Driven

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I agree....I'd never spend that kind of dough on a kit! And...I've seen replicas that I could not tell the difference from the real deal...and I'm particular...so I say go ahead. Besides...if it is a quality replica you would have a HARD time eating up another $1300 in prep work even if it were not top notch. That being said, I wouldn't want to spend much money on a headache...but if all you have to do is spend a little extra attention to a few pinholes or slight imperfections...****...let me know your findings cause I'll get in line! Those of you that are bent on the "real deal"...have fun when your 2K investment takes it's first swipe across a curb cause an original is no easier to repair than a replica...it just makes you cry harder because of the $'s you had into it!
Old 12-26-2004, 12:58 PM
myz8a4re

heres a situation i experienced with my 92300zxtt. i orignally purchased a greddy gracier fiberglass front bumper. had it fitted & painted at a local body shop. quality of the bumper was excellent. needed some finessing to get it to fit right. the fenders didnt line up perfectly but the body shop made it look great for $125 more than i was orignally quoted. that was fine & i was happy with the end results. after numerous curb cracks & then hitting a dog the greddy piece was ruined. i loved the look of the greddy bumper so much i went to order another one. i found that erebuni made a replica bumper also in FG. it came preprimered & erebuni had a reputable name at the time so i ordered one. $150 less than the greddy & the quality was great. the piece was primered so i guess erebuni gets all the flaws out beforehand! fitment was near perfect. bodyshop(different one) didnt charge me anymore than quoted & said bumper fit great with minimal fuss. 2nd time around i saved $275 overall on a replica piece!.......go figure!
im sure i dont need to mention the moral of my story........go for it!

-justin
Old 12-26-2004, 02:54 PM
aggiez

To me, saving $1200 on the initial purchase can be put right into the fitment and install. I find it hard to believe that even if this peice needed a lot of work that I'de come close to the original cost of the "real" peice.

After i get Christmas funds settled and bills paid I'm going to give this thing a shot. Hell....why not.