Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

cheap bodykits on eBay

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2005, 05:15 PM
AvengerZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question cheap bodykits on eBay

I saw some really cheap body kits sells around $150-$300 on ebay...
Anyone purchased them? I wonder if they are good~
Old 02-09-2005, 05:53 PM
zand02max
350Z-holic

you get what you pay for. I highly doubt they will look or fit worth a shi!
Old 02-09-2005, 06:27 PM
BigMoeTaki42

Like zand02max said, you get what you pay for. You would definitely pay out the @ss to get these kits to look half way decent, and they would crack very easily. Save em for the riced out cavaliers man.
Old 02-09-2005, 06:29 PM
zand02max
350Z-holic

Originally posted by BigMoeTaki42
Like zand02max said, you get what you pay for. You would definitely pay out the @ss to get these kits to look half way decent, and they would crack very easily. Save em for the riced out cavaliers man.
or civics,
Old 02-09-2005, 11:06 PM
BoostTed

you might be surprised at cheap it is to make a bodykit and what they cost at wholesale. Cant speak for the quality on all of the kits there but there are a few I recognize. If the seller is based out of Cali there is only a few that make kits and everyone else just buys from them and sells as their own.
Old 02-10-2005, 04:26 AM
NJDAN

I bought Nismo sides from an Ebay seller and they fit and look great, I only paid $200 shipped. They had all the holes pre drilled, so I took off the stockers and placed these right on.
Old 02-10-2005, 06:10 AM
mdacko

sounds like its "luck of the draw"

some people have gotten absolute ***** off ebay, others have had ok experiences....
Old 02-10-2005, 10:16 AM
swifty949

if you can afford to possibly waste $150-$300 on a product with no guarantee on fitment and quality then go for it.
Old 02-10-2005, 07:37 PM
JDMkaisoku

Originally posted by BoostTed
you might be surprised at cheap it is to make a bodykit and what they cost at wholesale. Cant speak for the quality on all of the kits there but there are a few I recognize. If the seller is based out of Cali there is only a few that make kits and everyone else just buys from them and sells as their own.
anything can be made cheaply...especially when you're basically stealing the design of another company, sending it to a third world country to be produced with cheaper materials.

If you value your car, don't disgrace it with cheap, brittle, cut and past-on bodykits...
Old 02-11-2005, 12:15 AM
Wicked4u2c

Originally posted by JDMkaisoku
anything can be made cheaply...especially when you're basically stealing the design of another company, sending it to a third world country to be produced with cheaper materials.

If you value your car, don't disgrace it with cheap, brittle, cut and past-on bodykits...

Where do you think C-west and Bomex are manufactured. I'll give you a hint, its not Japan The R&D is done in Japan, but not manufactured there. Anyhow, you can rely on name brand products to fit perfect but really Ive seen some cheap priced out body kits that are better if not the same as the original manufacture. Ive sold plenty with no complaints but praises. You would be surprised, just like a good old saying goes. "Not everything that shines is gold"
Old 02-11-2005, 01:15 PM
swifty949

sure cwest and bomex and are made in phillipines and china, but i dont think the molding is done there. The problem with copy kits is you can be down a minimum of one generation or a few, each generation kit you have the worse the fitment gets. The originals are all still made out of the original mold. Another thing is service, if you have issues your likely to get a better response from the original manufacturers.
Old 02-13-2005, 05:23 PM
JDMkaisoku

Originally posted by Wicked4u2c
Where do you think C-west and Bomex are manufactured. I'll give you a hint, its not Japan The R&D is done in Japan, but not manufactured there. Anyhow, you can rely on name brand products to fit perfect but really Ive seen some cheap priced out body kits that are better if not the same as the original manufacture. Ive sold plenty with no complaints but praises. You would be surprised, just like a good old saying goes. "Not everything that shines is gold"
C-West and Bomex are also cheap as hell and are probably the lowest quality of all Japanese designed aero parts.

There are just too many cheapskate Z owners in the U.S. who will pay $300 for a fake part for their car that is of much lesser quality, won't fit properly, is heavy, and won't last...compared to $600 for an authentic performance piece that fits great without modification and will last.

Oh...yeah, and too many losers out there ahemm that are willing to sell counterfeit bodyparts any try to play them up just to make a quick buck.

You're right...."just like a good old saying goes"

You get what you pay for...
Old 02-13-2005, 06:27 PM
kinjal

Originally posted by JDMkaisoku
C-West and Bomex are also cheap as hell and are probably the lowest quality of all Japanese designed aero parts.

There are just too many cheapskate Z owners in the U.S. who will pay $300 for a fake part for their car that is of much lesser quality, won't fit properly, is heavy, and won't last...compared to $600 for an authentic performance piece that fits great without modification and will last.

Oh...yeah, and too many losers out there ahemm that are willing to sell counterfeit bodyparts any try to play them up just to make a quick buck.

You're right...."just like a good old saying goes"

You get what you pay for...
its not about being cheap, its about making a good investment. how smart is it to spend 600 bucks on a piece of fiberglass for a front lip? not too smart, nonetheless enthusiasts like us spend it anyways so we can customize out cars the way we want. so if people are looking at knockoffs to save some many, there is nothing wrong with that. there have been people who have found knockoffs with no problems, so there is no need to bash on people who are simply looking for more information on a part that may give them an equivalent result while saving them money. bottomline... dont be so f'n negative in response to someones question about a part they may be considering. and the majority of this board is made of so-called "cheapskate" z-owners in the US, so if you want to criticize us for asking a question about a product... stop posting on this forum
Old 02-13-2005, 07:08 PM
Wicked4u2c

Originally posted by kinjal
its not about being cheap, its about making a good investment. how smart is it to spend 600 bucks on a piece of fiberglass for a front lip? not too smart, nonetheless enthusiasts like us spend it anyways so we can customize out cars the way we want. so if people are looking at knockoffs to save some many, there is nothing wrong with that. there have been people who have found knockoffs with no problems, so there is no need to bash on people who are simply looking for more information on a part that may give them an equivalent result while saving them money. bottomline... dont be so f'n negative in response to someones question about a part they may be considering. and the majority of this board is made of so-called "cheapskate" z-owners in the US, so if you want to criticize us for asking a question about a product... stop posting on this forum
AGREED, Don't pay attention to stupid NOOB's with names "JDM" When they make ignorant statements like this

"C-West and Bomex are also cheap as hell and are probably the lowest quality of all Japanese designed aero parts."

Its just best to ignore them, he knows nothing about manufacturing. Just because it has a label it doesn't mean it better than others or will outlast "the copies"

Its a shame if you live your life thinking "You get what you pay for" Cause I can gladly prove you wrong 10000 times that this isn't always true
Old 02-13-2005, 07:54 PM
Ahsmo
Imakecopies

well I dont care what some people think... the kit looks good from the pictures, I messed up my OEM front bumper and would like not to pay entirely too much to replace something with stock.

I may pick up the kit.
Old 02-14-2005, 06:11 AM
NJDAN

Well like I said before, I bought from the guy on ebay his feedback was 100% and the Nismo sideskirts I bought fit excellent. Why should people pay 600$ when they can get the same thing for 200$, anyways there is always new kits coming out and people decide to change alot, so if you can save the money go ahead.
Old 02-14-2005, 07:31 AM
Bubble
-REPLICA ARMY-

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by NJDAN
Well like I said before, I bought from the guy on ebay his feedback was 100% and the Nismo sideskirts I bought fit excellent. Why should people pay 600$ when they can get the same thing for 200$, anyways there is always new kits coming out and people decide to change alot, so if you can save the money go ahead.
can you pm the link of ebay where you bought your? i need one too. Thanks
Old 02-14-2005, 08:29 AM
Ahsmo
Imakecopies

Originally posted by Bubble
can you pm the link of ebay where you bought your? i need one too. Thanks

yea that would be nice
Old 02-14-2005, 08:32 AM
kinjal

i agree... the link of the item or the member's user name would be nice. if someone would order the nismo style kit and post a positive review, i would buy one right away.
Old 02-14-2005, 09:02 PM
Brandon@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Internals.com

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Moved.