Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bat's taillight overlays with holes

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2005, 04:14 PM
nicolaycastro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bat Tail laight overlay with holes

I was thinking of asking bat to do a set of tail light overlays with holes, to make the tail light look similar to the tail lights of the s2000, not the shape just how they look. They maight look nice, havent seen any like that. Also the design is very imtant to make them look nice (how many holes, sizes, and locations). What does every one think? Does anyone have any other ideas like this one? Is not that I dont like the tail lights, just think they could look good this way.

[IMG]http://www.generalautomobil.cz/walls/honda/s2000-2-2.jpg[\IMG]
Old 02-16-2005, 04:15 PM
nicolaycastro

Old 02-16-2005, 05:19 PM
GTNPU Z
VERTEX Army CEO

I know exactly what you mean. I also like the new Mazda 3 taillights as well. I don't want it took look like Altezzas since I think those have been way overused on so many cars. Plus, I think they wouldn't look nice on our Zs. Now, this doesn't mean I want to physically mold these lights on my car either. What is needed is a version of our taillights with blacked out housing inside & a clear cover showing the lights (much like what you've posted below & what I've posted). BTW...you don't want to many "holes" or "light-bulbs". You have to keep it simple so I'd say 2 or 3 max depending on the sizes & position. I have the blacked-out headlights & I want to have the same look to the rear lights. So if any of you are fabricators, here's a good mod to make some extra $$$ . I don't think overlays will achieve this look though. It may come close but nothing looks better than the real thing . Photochop anyone???

Last edited by GTNPU Z; 02-16-2005 at 05:21 PM.
Old 02-16-2005, 06:05 PM
nicolaycastro

Yes the real thing would be ideal, it would be coool if there were someone selling those. I was just wondering how the overlays would look since the actual lights may be far from being produced.
Old 02-16-2005, 06:11 PM
nicolaycastro

Default tail light overlays with holes

I was thinking of asking bat to do a set of tail light overlays with holes, to make the tail light look similar to the tail lights of the s2000, not the shape just how they look. They maight look nice, havent seen any like that. Also the design is very imtant to make them look nice (how many holes, sizes, and locations). What does every one think? Does anyone have any other ideas like this one? Is not that I dont like the tail lights, just think they could look good this way.

I also posted in the body interior exterior modification section but decided to post here to since more people see it.
Old 02-16-2005, 06:18 PM
GTNPU Z
VERTEX Army CEO

This is from Bat's website. It's on a G35C but I'm sure it'll look something like this. The only reason why I don't think it'll look as good on our Zs is that the G35C has a circular patern to their brake lights which makes it easier to decide where to put the holes/circles. Hopefully Bat will be willing to test this out for you .

Last edited by GTNPU Z; 02-16-2005 at 06:21 PM.
Old 02-16-2005, 06:40 PM
nicolaycastro

Wow they look nice. Like I said before it would be a matter of design, for them to look good. The best thing would be to do a photoshop, I just dont know how to use it well enough.
May be a photoshop expert coul help me out.
Old 02-16-2005, 07:08 PM
nicolaycastro

This is a very bad demonstration, done with paint.
Attached Thumbnails Bat's taillight overlays with holes-dom.jpg  
Old 02-16-2005, 07:33 PM
Brandon@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Internals.com

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Moved. and merged with the other thread.

Please don't post two of the same threads in two different sections just so it gets seen more.
Old 02-17-2005, 07:32 AM
nicolaycastro

Originally posted by nis350ztt
Moved. and merged with the other thread.

Please don't post two of the same threads in two different sections just so it gets seen more.
Can the thread be moved to the Body Interior Exterior Lighting main section?
Old 02-17-2005, 09:28 AM
GQ 350z

I think this is a great idea--I always wanted 6/10 on my DB but I thought it was too dark. Perhaps with some of the original lamp showing it would be better? Maybe only one circle though?

ravi
Old 02-17-2005, 09:41 AM
nicolaycastro

yes the one i made wes just an example, like I said it would be a matter of good design.
Old 02-17-2005, 09:50 AM
Strife350z

wow the overlays on the g35c are beautiful... bat does it again
Old 02-17-2005, 09:57 AM
GTNPU Z
VERTEX Army CEO

Yep. Bat makes some great products . You just have to know how to apply them since I learned the hard way when I attempted to do my headlights. Ended up scrapping it! There goes my money on that piece . Good news is, I got my clearcorners on & my rear signal lights on which gives it a nice suttle difference when using the 3/10 tint. Just trying to find time to do the taillights which I'm hoping I won't screw up like the headlights .
Old 02-17-2005, 11:20 AM
GQ 350z

Can you notice a difference with the 3/10? The 6/10 are way to dark imo. I want it to be subtle, but enough to know that I paid for a difference haha.

I hope that makes sense.

ravi
Old 02-17-2005, 11:53 AM
GTNPU Z
VERTEX Army CEO

Very subtle. The 3/10 overlays on the clearcorners (front) blend in nicely with my SS. Perhaps because it's a small piece. So I'd say it'll give your lights a gray/silverish look instead of black which the 6/10 does. The rears are even more subtle which I wish was a tad darker. Depending on lighting or if you parked next to another Z without overlays, you'll slightly notice that it is tinted. Wanted to get a tint that was in between 3/10 & 6/10 but Bat didn't have anything like that . So not to hijack this thread, I'll start a new thread tonight w/ pictures on this particular setup.

Sorry nicolaycastro!

Last edited by GTNPU Z; 02-17-2005 at 11:56 AM.
Old 02-17-2005, 01:08 PM
nicolaycastro

not to worry gives the thread bumps and popularity besides some good things mentioned too. Do you have pics of what how your car looks with all the overlays? thanks!
Old 02-17-2005, 02:52 PM
DrVolkl

Using a complete blackout 10/10 with select holes in it...Bat could make any pattern you could probably think off...include the 3 holed one you showed above.

Problem is where our bulbs are...I don't know if you'd get an even distribution of red or not...

He could also make the overlay body color, but that might look weird.
Old 02-17-2005, 03:03 PM
GTNPU Z
VERTEX Army CEO

Originally posted by nicolaycastro
not to worry gives the thread bumps and popularity besides some good things mentioned too. Do you have pics of what how your car looks with all the overlays? thanks!
Well if it's okay with you then, I'll go ahead and post some pics when I get home . All I have on are the rear turn-signals & clearcorners for now. Haven't gotten around on installing the taillights yet.

In the mean time, here's a quick pick of the front clearcorners (some may have seen this pic already on other posts):

Click to Enlarge:
Old 02-17-2005, 05:16 PM
nicolaycastro

Originally posted by GTNPU Z
Well if it's okay with you then, I'll go ahead and post some pics when I get home . All I have on are the rear turn-signals & clearcorners for now. Haven't gotten around on installing the taillights yet.

In the mean time, here's a quick pick of the front clearcorners (some may have seen this pic already on other posts):

Click to Enlarge:
thanks! are the tial lights 3/10? post pics of those too as soon as you have tham.

BTW post some pics of the clearcornes @ night, thanks.

Quick Reply: Bat's taillight overlays with holes