Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

YEAH look at what I can do NOW!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2005, 04:42 PM
tonester1011
CF God

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

there is a way to make them open better, i went to the show in nyc 2 weekends ago and there was a z there upstairs that had these doors...i didnt go up to see it but i hear about it after i left... that week my dad went to the show and saw it and he talked o the guy nd he had the same problem that everyone has wit this kit, how the door buonces up a little when u open it and he had done something that i have been thinkin about doing for a long time but i just dont know where to start with it... make some kuind of metal piece that curves up and out, like the way the door is suppose to open when u open it. The piece would bolt or be welded to the inside of the door jam...and the piece would have to go into where the catch piece goes on the door, the piece that pulls the doors shut before u change to vert doors of course... im still tryin to figure it out and when i do i'll let everyone know..im sure theyre were people with this idea before but we'll see.....
Old 04-04-2005, 04:58 PM
Dr Bonz
Charter Member #19

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

Mine aren't the least bit "flimsy" and they have no "wobble" whatsoever.

I was thinking the other day about a "power" closer for the doors. You know on the side door of some vans there is a power mechanism that seals the door closed after you "get it close" so to speak.

I was wondering if there was some latch mechanism like this that we could use for these doors where you would just close the door just enough to "turn on" the power mechanism and it would then close to door the rest of the way.

Does anyone know what I am referring to?
Old 04-04-2005, 05:03 PM
Panda350z

I have a sponsership from Vertical Doors Inc. and I have the doors and I LOVE THEM!!! The door opens regularly if you want and then with ease you can lift the door up and close the door. My gf has no problem doing it so you males out there should not have a problem The doors are worth it!!! It's very light and not too flimsy. The only time its flimsy is when its up and the wind is blowing. Even then the doors don't move that much.

FYI:
Why you should go with the Vertical Doors Inc. Kit (Make sure its not a replica)

GT Factory kits do not fit as well, shoot up way too high making the door harder to close and are welded on meaning YOU ARE STUCK WITH THE DOORS NO MATTER WHAT! Also, if they screw up welding the door onto the hinge which is located in the front fenders, GOODLUCK!!! You'll need it.

Vertical Doors Inc. makes a 100% reversible kit, which also opens normally while giving at least 75% clearance as stock. GT Factory doors only give you less then 25% clearance when opening it regularly. So my opinion is to get the Vertical Doors Inc. Kit, and don't buy it on ebay unless your 100% sure its from them because there are alot of imitations. If there are any more questions or you guys want prices for these kits just PM me and i'll try to get back to you as soon as possible. Thanks.
Old 04-05-2005, 03:23 AM
d21arren

sorry man but in my opinion I think the gt factory kit is the way to go. It is the only kit that acctually goes 90 degrees, and is damn near half the price. Sorry man but I want vertical doors not diagonal doors.
Old 04-05-2005, 03:53 AM
Dr Bonz
Charter Member #19

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

Does anyone have a pic of the GT doors on a 350Z?
Old 04-05-2005, 06:40 AM
d21arren

here is one I found
Attached Thumbnails YEAH look at what I can do NOW!!!!-016a.jpg  
Old 04-05-2005, 06:41 AM
d21arren

another
Attached Thumbnails YEAH look at what I can do NOW!!!!-021a.jpg  
Old 04-05-2005, 04:03 PM
Panda350z

Like I said, for everyday driving Vertical doors is the way to go. Also, good luck with the welding. For me I baby my car and Nothing thats not OEM besides maybe the body kit, is not gonna be welded onto my car. I guess its all preference. But also think about it, although this phrase is so cliche, its true "you get what you pay for!" yes GT Factory doors are cheaper, but why do you think that is? Thats just my two cents, and in no way am I dissing on your opinion, the car is YOURS so do what YOU want. I'm just telling you my opinion and what I chose.
Old 04-06-2005, 06:11 AM
NoahzBurnt

Dude i got offered sponsorship from them too not to discredit you...I just don't ***** my car out!!!!

I too have the vertical doors kit and feel that they should make them less like a swing arm and more like a 2-way system...like they can only open out...lock...and then go up...I think LSD doors makes theirs this way....had I known I would have waited!!!!
Old 04-06-2005, 06:17 AM
NoahzBurnt

http://www.lsd-doors.com/media/video/getoutcar.wmv
http://www.lsd-doors.com/media/video/intothecar.wmv

SCREW LSD....j(yeah good message for kids too!!!)

Just watched their videos(linked above) they are flimsy as all hell.....

I guess if it aint a lambo it aint gonna be perfect....
Old 04-06-2005, 06:19 AM
NoahzBurnt

Originally Posted by tonester1011
there is a way to make them open better, i went to the show in nyc 2 weekends ago and there was a z there upstairs that had these doors...i didnt go up to see it but i hear about it after i left... that week my dad went to the show and saw it and he talked o the guy nd he had the same problem that everyone has wit this kit, how the door buonces up a little when u open it and he had done something that i have been thinkin about doing for a long time but i just dont know where to start with it... make some kuind of metal piece that curves up and out, like the way the door is suppose to open when u open it. The piece would bolt or be welded to the inside of the door jam...and the piece would have to go into where the catch piece goes on the door, the piece that pulls the doors shut before u change to vert doors of course... im still tryin to figure it out and when i do i'll let everyone know..im sure theyre were people with this idea before but we'll see.....

I will be in jersey this friday, and next sat for the drifting show....being you helped me more than you can imagine I would be more than happy to help you modify these to work solid!!!!

I also need to goto Sander Performance to swap Piaa's for the show!!!!