Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is this TACKY?? Sparco Mixed W/ MOMO

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2005, 11:47 AM
LaidbackRacr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is this TACKY?? Sparco Mixed W/ MOMO

I currently have Sparco Torinos Black/Grey and I like Momo shifters and Steering wheels but is it tacky to mix brands like this? I just don't like Sparco's wheels at all.

Any info would be greatly appreciated...btw I do plan on showing my car.

Thanks,

Chris
Old 04-12-2005, 11:52 AM
doodeitstom

sparcos are nice, but I think anything momo is tacky.
Old 04-12-2005, 12:07 PM
xtrememan315

Default Agreed!

If any one gives you crap about mixing those brands, I would just shove the PRICE TAG in their face and say how can stuff that costs this much be tacky you @$$! I have seen tons of people w/ MOMO steering wheels and Sparco seats and I was one of them with my last car before the Z. No one ever gave me crap about it. Just my .02!
Old 04-12-2005, 12:10 PM
LaidbackRacr

I appreciate your .02cents thats on target to what I was thinking. I tried to keep the car brand specific but christ im not sponsored and Momo makes better looking wheels and shifters
Old 04-12-2005, 08:15 PM
Armitage
350Z-holic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I think I would be more concerned about the look of the product than mixing two together. Wouldn't bother me in the least bit to be honest. Brand specific is nice, but not always possible for the sake of getting the look you want.
Old 04-12-2005, 11:07 PM
Revsport

Originally Posted by Armitage
I think I would be more concerned about the look of the product than mixing two together. Wouldn't bother me in the least bit to be honest. Brand specific is nice, but not always possible for the sake of getting the look you want.

Yea thats the way forward. And they aint paying you.
Old 04-13-2005, 05:46 AM
Santacruzslick
Veteran

Use as many different things as you want...as long as they all look good together who cares what brand they are? Like you said, it's not like they're sponsoring you and forcing you to use all their products.
Old 04-13-2005, 06:19 AM
BobaFettm

LOL I dont think anyone will rip on your for taking two expensive name brands and putting it on your expensive sports car

Momo is famous... and so is Sparco... both have received huge props from the ricer community... but that doesnt matter their products are still AMAZING!!... I used a momo shifter + bag... and I plan on going Bride or Sparco for the seating... I think a lot of people use that same sort of setup! So dont worry about it...
Old 04-13-2005, 07:34 AM
JimRHIT

Who cares if it is expensive? Money does not buy taste, plain and simple.

If what you have installed in your car appeals to you visually, then roll with it. If you are questioning it, you probably already know that you don't like it, so change it....
Old 04-13-2005, 10:22 AM
Anyone2u
Charter Member #82

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have the same combo, Momo shifter and steering wheel and Sparco seats (Monzas), and I get compliments all the time. BTW, you also might want to change the boot to match as well. I got mine from www.redlinegoods.com and the stitching in the boot matches the stitching on the steering wheel and shifter just about perfect.

Old 04-13-2005, 11:13 AM
nismo33
BoNe SToCK BaSe

Originally Posted by JimRHIT

If what you have installed in your car appeals to you visually, then roll with it. If you are questioning it, you probably already know that you don't like it, so change it....
couldn't have said it better myself. I have the momo millenium steering wheel w/ quick release and a nismo urethane **** ****. you don't mod your car for anybody but your self. who cares what other people think.
Old 04-13-2005, 02:43 PM
LaidbackRacr

I appreciate all the advise...Just so use to matching...Prev car Did all sparco and just don't like their shifters and wheels. Thanks guys Mix and Match time. BTW where is everyone getting there wheels and hubs through?

Thanks
Old 04-13-2005, 05:57 PM
mystik_350z

lol, this reminds me when i was in HS and kids threatened to beat you up if you wore nike and adidas apparel at the same time, PERPETRATOR!!
Old 04-13-2005, 09:39 PM
hksjza70

Momo race and champion are hands down best steering wheels ever . . . had the race myself with a momo race leather shift **** and carbon e brake cover - Recaro seats, really doesn't matter - just keep the wheel, ****, and ebrake congruent . . .
Old 04-14-2005, 09:42 AM
old_s13

If any one gives you crap about mixing those brands, I would just shove the PRICE TAG in their face and say how can stuff that costs this much be tacky you @$$!

Wrong answer.

Right answer!

sparcos are nice, but I think anything momo is tacky.

Psssshh.. please. Sparco is like PIAA, in my opinion, they're all about getting their name in the scene but *most* of their stuff is just fluff. MOMO however, makes some fairly good stuff. There's no doubt that their steering wheels are great, their shifters are fine, and their seats are also good.

Personally, I use MOMO for steering wheel products.. and Recaro for seats. Its all a matter of taste and what you think that company is superior in selling. To me, Recaro has and will always make the best seats that money can buy. I wouldnt even THINK of comparing a Sparco to a Recaro. AND, when it comes to racing harnesses.. I would rather tie my *** down with a rope than use Sparco harnesses.. which is why I chose to go with Schroth.

Best advice? Try something before you buy it. All you need to do is some research and carefyl inspection. Typically, quality will show.. in addition to the product's pricetag.

M
Old 04-15-2005, 03:38 PM
joust75

Originally Posted by Anyone2u
I have the same combo, Momo shifter and steering wheel and Sparco seats (Monzas), and I get compliments all the time. BTW, you also might want to change the boot to match as well. I got mine from www.redlinegoods.com and the stitching in the boot matches the stitching on the steering wheel and shifter just about perfect.

That setup is farking HAWT!!!!!!!!

The steering wheel looks like an evos...... Does it have an airbag??
Old 04-16-2005, 04:29 AM
Z-Z

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's like work-out clothing. I grab whatever's comfortable and what makes me happy. I end up at the gym in a Russel shirt, Adidas shorts, Champion socks, Nike shoes, Shreck Weight belt, and Harbinger gloves. And you know what, maybe that's "tacky," but at least I'm at the gym and having fun.

Get whatever Mods look good to you. Enjoy your car.