Notices
Exterior & Interior 350Z Body modification, interior styling and lighting
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HELP!!!Why are my gagues going out???!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2005, 07:25 PM
Vip350z03

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP!!!Why are my gagues going out???!!!

I recently put (within a month ago) my Pro Speed Catback exhaust on the car and about 2 weeks later all my gagues went out (the electronical gague on the far left, the oil pressure gagues in the middle, and the volts gagues on the right) in the center of the counsel above the navi. I hesitated taking the car to the dealership b/c of the full exhaust and the obvious missing cats and the chance of a warranty void. But now after about 10 minutes of driving the car the gagues all come back on. Does anyone know why this is or whats happining??Is there a way to get my gagues to come back on when i start the car like they originally did?? any insight would really help. Thanks guys!
Old 05-02-2005, 08:06 PM
ares
Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ummm for one; they cant say anything about your exhaust because there is no way that affected your gauges.

second Id point my finger at a loose connection; but its not like theyd open that up for an exhaust install... looking through your mod list only thing thats remotely suspicious is the nitrous if buttons or lines were installed in the center console somewhere and they pulled that for the install.

bring it to the dealer otherwise and let them fix it. they have to prove that a modification caused the problem to deny your claim. from what I see they have nothing to blame.
Old 05-02-2005, 09:34 PM
Z BOY

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

gauges.
Old 05-05-2005, 01:11 PM
Vip350z03

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OK thanks guys......i actually had another question if anyone new the answer. I just sold my nitrous due to the fact that i found out having it in my car completely void my state farm insurance, and am currently looking into a turbo or supercharger. Basically, i was curious (This ?? is more directed toward those that already have TT or Supercharger, or has state farm insurance) if either a supercharger or turbo would void any part of my insurance coverage. Any response will definitely help me make my decision. I appreciate it guys!
Old 05-05-2005, 03:38 PM
ares
Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

the only answer to that which matters is the one your agent gives you. I wouldnt think it would as it is street legal unlike any nitrous kit I know of. but thats just a guess.