Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Chime in! Which kit's fit?

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2005, 09:40 AM
gargoyleZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey guys, noobee here, but here goes: I have an Ings Replica (n-spec)..\
1st Props Nismo 33 this kit looks sick in CF!
There weren't many fitment probs, more probs with the paint matching, I guess the black comes in 2 diff shades...
The other issue was gas bubbles in the fiberglass, which were taken care of. According to a local body shop, as long as they take their time preparing the FG it shouldn't be a problem. And that ALL the FG kits, knock offs and "REAL" on'es have had their issues in all points.
I did crack the front bumper cove 2 x already, and I chalk it up to driving in LA county (I don't think there is a smooth street/fwy, and to top that off I work in Downtown LA ).
The lic plt light and trunk release button mounting was an issue, due to the dip in the rear bumper cover (easy fix).
The rear turn sigs are the biggest issue, no mounting points! So the IDIOT body shop that I used 1st "permanently" mounted them into the bumper, and now I have wanter dripping down the INSIDE of the lenses!!! (sorry whole nother issue, did not meant to rant!)
I had a bracing bracket made for the sides of the rear bumper to keep them from flapping out during high speeds, and poss breaking off..
Also had the muffler valance cut down to reduce drag, also shows off my Injent SES TD exh better.
OVERALL opinion: well, if I could afford the real deal, I probably would have gone that route, I have spent more time then money on this kit, but IMO it's worth it.. but again that's just my opinion... and $$ saved over $1500 total. Unfortunately, I am a perfectionist, and this purchase was probably one of the few times that I actually did not follow MY norm.

BTW nismo33, I obs your plts "KJC-625".. I have 12yr, bout you? what div? just curious.

Last edited by gargoyleZ; 02-15-2007 at 05:32 AM.
Old 06-09-2005, 05:15 PM
cloudy

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dont get from VIS. Kits atleast, dont fit good.
Old 06-09-2005, 06:49 PM
hndumafia

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

^^ where did you hear that? i thought i remembered reading that the vis replica of the nismo kit is a good fitting replica.
Old 06-09-2005, 07:02 PM
MyNismoRoadster

Originally Posted by hndumafia
^^ where did you hear that? i thought i remembered reading that the vis replica of the nismo kit is a good fitting replica.

VIS kit does fit good, but however as with any fiberglass product, when the molds get old, there are some batches that dont quite fit up to par, then you have to remake another mold, which is sometime made from copies of a copy so the mold isnt as good as the first mold. In reality, very few fiberglass kits fit PERFECT, even some from other jdm makers dont always fit perfect. Just my 2 cents on this.
Old 06-09-2005, 10:10 PM
GY-Z

Originally Posted by Badfish25
Hands down I would go for a real kit over fake. It's not so much the cost difference that concerns me as the extra body work to fit them will make up that difference quickly. My main concern is giving some company over a thousand dollars and having to wait MONTHS for the kit just to arrive.

so anyway, anyone with an amuse front i'm really liking that right now.
i do have the amuse kit, fiberglass quality is good, fitment is good, no any adjustment needed to make it fit.though i dont think there's any replica amuse kit out there.
PS i dont have any pics showing the fitment, since most of my pieces is cracked or being rocked chiped(this is my track car).
Old 06-09-2005, 10:46 PM
cloudy

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My Esprit sucked... Nothing really fit right, my skirts were even an inch short. Had to have the body shop do some fiberglass work, and have them help mold the front and rear to fit.
Old 06-11-2005, 11:44 AM
maximapowr

I have installed about six different body kits on several different cars and here are my experiences:

VIS fiberglass on an accord: Biggest piece of crap I have ever layed my hands on. Nothing fit and everything had to be modified. Complete waste of money.

Wings West polyurethane on an integra, an accord, and a cougar: In all instances the kit fit perfectly. I think I remember had one small fitment problem, but it was easily taken care of.

Stillen polyurethane on a maxima: Everything fit great except for the rear which was slightly too long. Easily fixed with more 3M tape

Top Secret and Varis fiberglass on an MRS Spyder: Everything fit perfectly. No adjustments and a great finish on the parts as well

Greddy polyurethane front and rear lips on an accord: Front fit perfectly but the rear was too long. PITA to get it to fit right.

and Finally, what I have on my Z right now:

Veilside Version One in polyurethane: Front fit perfectly with the bumper and its screws . The sides lined up perfectly with the bolt holes on the underside of the stock rocker panels, but the small lip that is supposed to sit flush against the sides of the rocker panel were off about 2-3mm where the underwings flare out. It wasn't a big deal, there still enough 3M tape surface to securely hold the underwings in place. The rear also lined up perfectly with the bumper and all of its screws, but it was 3-4mm too long on one side. This was easily fixed with a neoprene bonded washer on one side. All in all, I was pretty impressed with the way it fit.

Last edited by maximapowr; 06-11-2005 at 11:47 AM.
Old 06-11-2005, 06:53 PM
TxTitan

Originally Posted by maximapowr
I have installed about six different body kits on several different cars and here are my experiences:

VIS fiberglass on an accord: Biggest piece of crap I have ever layed my hands on. Nothing fit and everything had to be modified. Complete waste of money.

Wings West polyurethane on an integra, an accord, and a cougar: In all instances the kit fit perfectly. I think I remember had one small fitment problem, but it was easily taken care of.

Stillen polyurethane on a maxima: Everything fit great except for the rear which was slightly too long. Easily fixed with more 3M tape

Top Secret and Varis fiberglass on an MRS Spyder: Everything fit perfectly. No adjustments and a great finish on the parts as well

Greddy polyurethane front and rear lips on an accord: Front fit perfectly but the rear was too long. PITA to get it to fit right.

and Finally, what I have on my Z right now:

Veilside Version One in polyurethane: Front fit perfectly with the bumper and its screws . The sides lined up perfectly with the bolt holes on the underside of the stock rocker panels, but the small lip that is supposed to sit flush against the sides of the rocker panel were off about 2-3mm where the underwings flare out. It wasn't a big deal, there still enough 3M tape surface to securely hold the underwings in place. The rear also lined up perfectly with the bumper and all of its screws, but it was 3-4mm too long on one side. This was easily fixed with a neoprene bonded washer on one side. All in all, I was pretty impressed with the way it fit.
Do you install kits? I'm looking at going with the Veilslide 3. Can you post some pic of you ride?
Old 06-12-2005, 02:34 AM
maximapowr

Originally Posted by TxTitan
Do you install kits? I'm looking at going with the Veilslide 3. Can you post some pic of you ride?
Here are a few...
Attached Thumbnails Chime in! Which kit's fit?-front.jpg   Chime in! Which kit's fit?-driversside.jpg   Chime in! Which kit's fit?-rear.jpg   Chime in! Which kit's fit?-passside.jpg  
Old 06-13-2005, 11:29 PM
TxTitan

Originally Posted by maximapowr
Here are a few...

Looks sweet man...
Old 06-14-2005, 10:46 AM
anotheraznguy

Hey, what rear wing is that and do you have anymore pics of it?

Originally Posted by gargoyleZ
Hey guys, noobee here, but here goes: I have an Ings Replica (n-spec)..\
1st Props Nismo 33 this kit looks sick in CF!
There weren't many fitment probs, more probs with the paint matching, I guess the black comes in 2 diff shades...
The other issue was gas bubbles in the fiberglass, which were taken care of. According to a local body shop, as long as they take their time preparing the FG it shouldn't be a problem. And that ALL the FG kits, knock offs and "REAL" on'es have had their issues in all points.
I did crack the front bumper cove 2 x already, and I chalk it up to driving in LA county (I don't think there is a smooth street/fwy, and to top that off I work in Downtown LA ).
The lic plt light and trunk release button mounting was an issue, due to the dip in the rear bumper cover (easy fix).
The rear turn sigs are the biggest issue, no mounting points! So the IDIOT body shop that I used 1st "permanently" mounted them into the bumper, and now I have wanter dripping down the INSIDE of the lenses!!! (sorry whole nother issue, did not meant to rant!)
I had a bracing bracket made for the sides of the rear bumper to keep them from flapping out during high speeds, and poss breaking off..
Also had the muffler valance cut down to reduce drag, also shows off my Injent SES TD exh better.
OVERALL opinion: well, if I could afford the real deal, I probably would have gone that route, I have spent more time then money on this kit, but IMO it's worth it.. but again that's just my opinion... and $$ saved over $1500 total. Unfortunately, I am a perfectionist, and this purchase was probably one of the few times that I actually did not follow MY norm.

BTW nismo33, I obs your plts "KJC-625".. I have 12yr, bout you? what div? just curious.
Old 06-15-2005, 10:49 AM
gargoyleZ

Default Rear wing

Veilside V2.

Last edited by gargoyleZ; 02-15-2007 at 05:32 AM.
Old 07-23-2005, 10:51 AM
Tsex On 19s

Anyone wanna share fitments of Ings Half Kit replica.. That is already on the car. I seen a bunch of posts about how the kit is about to go on, or they plan on selling theirs.. but i wanna see if anyone already got a replica put on.. and how much was the body work, etc.
Old 04-18-2006, 06:59 PM
platinum350

Hey gargoyleZ which rims are these, very nice.
Old 04-24-2006, 09:37 AM
03redlineZ

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My Airwalker Kit fit Amazing!! Its on Bulletproof Automotive...No Replica Here.

The holes were already predrilled and ALL lined up perfectly!! I was shocked

heres a few basic pics

Chad
Attached Thumbnails Chime in! Which kit's fit?-resized-2.jpg   Chime in! Which kit's fit?-resized.jpg   Chime in! Which kit's fit?-resized-3.jpg  
Attached Images  
Old 04-24-2006, 01:09 PM
InZomniac

Originally Posted by Tsex On 19s
Anyone wanna share fitments of Ings Half Kit replica.. That is already on the car. I seen a bunch of posts about how the kit is about to go on, or they plan on selling theirs.. but i wanna see if anyone already got a replica put on.. and how much was the body work, etc.

+100