Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by lovetoclown
Sent a PM. Thanks
Invoice send. Thanks!
Old 08-18-2005, 07:48 AM
LaidbackRacr

Kit arrived yesterday...no one to sign for it, so I am picking up in a few mins

Thanks again Jay (I will post pics when done installing)
Old 08-18-2005, 02:47 PM
joust75

Kit is here. A few rough edges that need to be dremeled down, but it looks nice overall.
Old 08-18-2005, 03:49 PM
lovetoclown

Originally Posted by JDMZ33
Invoice send. Thanks!
Can not open the invoice attachment. Can you resend a different way?
Old 08-18-2005, 04:10 PM
Z FLY BY

Got the kit at 5PM today and I must say I'm very disappointed in the fit of the kit I received, the main center dash pieces cover will not fit even come close to fitting over the gauge pods no matter how much you try, I've dry tested this kit for 2 solid hours and it will not fit, either putting the gauge pieces on first then laying the center dash over it or center dash first, then laying the gauges pieces over it. Bottom line, the CF area between both gauuges is at least 1/4 inch too wide. If someone got it to fit using a dremel tool, that's great for them, but I don't even own a dremel tool, and if I did I wouldn't know how to use it like a professional body shop would. This really sucks, I waited over 4 weeks for this dash kit and it doesn't even fit closely, and I don't thing I should have to pay someone to reshape the center cover so it does fit. I paid full price for this kit ($$563.00), no group buy discount, and I get this type of craftsmenship....WTF kind of BS is this, I feel like I got raped!!! I would like a full refund of my funds and if that means I have to pay the fee to mail it back to Taiwan, that's fine! Not Happy At All!!! I'm not saying that every kit is going to be as bad as mine, maybe I got the only lemon out of the batch, but the nevertheless, I spent alot of hard earned money and expected a first rate product.
Old 08-18-2005, 05:12 PM
JDMZ33
Vendor - Former Vendor

Originally Posted by joust75
Kit is here. A few rough edges that need to be dremeled down, but it looks nice overall.
Guys, I'm sure some of you are starting to receive the kit. Just a fast note before you installe the kit. I would suggest you guy put the center console dash kit on first. Make sure all 3 turn ***** match up, then place one. One the guage pod over lay. The top big one all the way on the right, might need some triming. I have provided sand paper for you guys. You just need to trim about 0.2 cm off on each side of the cover. I think you just need to sand back and forth on the sand paper 10 times. I don't think it is too hard. Also on the lower part of guage over lay, you need to trim back flat edge of the cover about 0.2 cm off also. Just lay the endge of the cover flat with sand paper and sand it. It's very simple. Let me know if you guys have any preoblems.

Jay
Old 08-18-2005, 05:13 PM
JDMZ33
Vendor - Former Vendor

Z FLY BY, I have email you. Thanks!
Old 08-18-2005, 05:17 PM
JDMZ33
Vendor - Former Vendor

Originally Posted by lovetoclown
Can not open the invoice attachment. Can you resend a different way?
I just sent you PM.

Jay
Old 08-19-2005, 05:13 AM
Obey The D

Originally Posted by Z FLY BY
Got the kit at 5PM today and I must say I'm very disappointed in the fit of the kit I received, the main center dash pieces cover will not fit even come close to fitting over the gauge pods no matter how much you try, I've dry tested this kit for 2 solid hours and it will not fit, either putting the gauge pieces on first then laying the center dash over it or center dash first, then laying the gauges pieces over it. Bottom line, the CF area between both gauuges is at least 1/4 inch too wide. If someone got it to fit using a dremel tool, that's great for them, but I don't even own a dremel tool, and if I did I wouldn't know how to use it like a professional body shop would. This really sucks, I waited over 4 weeks for this dash kit and it doesn't even fit closely, and I don't thing I should have to pay someone to reshape the center cover so it does fit. I paid full price for this kit ($$563.00), no group buy discount, and I get this type of craftsmenship....WTF kind of BS is this, I feel like I got raped!!! I would like a full refund of my funds and if that means I have to pay the fee to mail it back to Taiwan, that's fine! Not Happy At All!!! I'm not saying that every kit is going to be as bad as mine, maybe I got the only lemon out of the batch, but the nevertheless, I spent alot of hard earned money and expected a first rate product.
I was looking forward to picking up my kit from the post office later on today unitll I read your post. I hope I don't run into the same fitment issues as you. I don't own a dremmel and the last thing I want to do is have to worry about sanding down numerous pieces.

Jay, out of curiosity, why didn't you dremmel the kits when you did your test fitments? Sounds like the fitment is way off according to Z FLY BY.
Old 08-19-2005, 06:53 AM
mono11

Default Jdm

"PLEASE" make sure when u send mine is not like that ,cuz i have very short temper and i might rip all that shitt appart and throw it to the trash, cuz after wating all this time and something like that happends that would make anyone mad.. very mad.. specially for the price we payed i mean, unless he is not doing something right , but like u were saying that u were making sure everything fit right before shipping it. anyway please check mine before sending it, thank you
Old 08-19-2005, 07:56 AM
Obey The D

Well I've got some bad news, my fitment is even worse. The main console piece would need to be shaved on both sides because you can't move the air vents up and down, several of the pods need to be sanded down cause they are way off, and I can't get the shifter and console piece to align properly, even though I followed Jay's instruction. I'm extremely unhappy considering that these were all test fited prior to shipping.

I hope that I can get a refund, because I really don't feel like spending hours sanding this thing to get it to fit properly. With my luck, I'd sand it too much and then it would really look like ****.

I have to admit that the CF looks great, and the quality is really good, but the fitment is a major downer.

Edited to add: If I can get a refund, I'll still pay for and keep the shifter cover. It looks great and fitment on that piece was dead on.

Last edited by Obey The D; 08-19-2005 at 08:02 AM.
Old 08-19-2005, 08:02 AM
BriA5

Originally Posted by mono11
"PLEASE" make sure when u send mine is not like that ,cuz i have very short temper and i might rip all that shitt appart and throw it to the trash, cuz after wating all this time and something like that happends that would make anyone mad.. very mad.. specially for the price we payed i mean, unless he is not doing something right , but like u were saying that u were making sure everything fit right before shipping it. anyway please check mine before sending it, thank you
Same here. Now that we know there appear to be issues, please make sure that those of us whose kits you still haven't shiped are exactly right before you send them out.

How did Mike's (Leemik) kit fit well in the spots in question if the others are causing problems?
Old 08-19-2005, 08:05 AM
BriA5

LaidbackRacr, Joust75:

Have you tried fitting your kits yet? How do they seem?
Old 08-19-2005, 08:57 AM
PumpedVA

Guess thats why suite E grapix's kit is so much more. Mine fitter perfect only problem I had was one of my window switch holes needed some shaving. fixed that in a few sec and it was perfect!
Old 08-19-2005, 09:20 AM
BriA5

Originally Posted by PumpedVA
Guess thats why suite E grapix's kit is so much more. Mine fitter perfect only problem I had was one of my window switch holes needed some shaving. fixed that in a few sec and it was perfect!
This is the first set of these to be sent out. I am sure that once the bugs are worked out they will be A-OK!
Old 08-19-2005, 11:23 AM
LaidbackRacr

Wow guys this is dissapointing, I did not have time to test fit was going to start doing that tonight and into tomorrow morning, I do however have a nice buble in the clear coat on my nav door. I emailed Jay to see what can be done about that, I do not mind sanding to make it fit though for this price I would have liked to not have to do any modification, if it can be fixed with sanding I will have no qualm, but if it has any gaps I would not be happy, I will post after I test fit tonight folks.
Old 08-19-2005, 11:38 AM
mono11

so much for checking everything carefully, Jay. man dude if it;s gonna be a problem like that ,dude i rather have my money back before u even ship mine, i'm sorry but u need to undersatnd . but if u think i shouldn't have any problem with mine go ahead and send it. let me know whats up.. thank you and i feel sorry for all those bad fitments, feel bad for u and specially for the guyz .( and me too) that payed that much money.
Old 08-19-2005, 02:24 PM
Z FLY BY

All,

I just want to let everyone know that Jay has been communicating with me very effectively and is taking good care of my situation in a very professional business-like manner. I believe that after the bugs get worked out, this kit will be the best selling kit on the market, the quality of the CF is first rate, they just need to fix the fitment issues. I having nothing more to say on this subject, except that EVO-R is a good company and takes good care of their customers!!
Old 08-19-2005, 02:29 PM
LaidbackRacr

Thats good to hear bro, I am still waiting to hear back from Jay as well about my buble issue, curious what he instructed you to do about fitment? Doesn't seem to bad but again I've not yet test fitted.

Quick Reply: New EVO-R Dry Carbon Fiber Dash Kit