Exterior & Interior 350Z Body modification, interior styling and lighting
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

greddy body kit(discouraging story)

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2005, 04:10 PM
gqnamja83

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default greddy body kit(discouraging story)

ok here it is.like i said in a previous post..I just bought a greddy body kit set and I was very excited. i think its going to arrive in a few days or like today not sure. but heres the story.

I was all happy about it, telling my friends/gf that I cant wait till I install it. Most of my friends are straight-forward(sometimes too honest) but most of them liked the idea and were happy for me. Then there were these 2 guys I know..(one of em is my gf's ex) making fun that Im putting a kit on a auto Z. I mean I read alot of threads here too about putting down auto drivers..but is it that bad? I know how to drive a stick(had rsx type-s) its just that I live in los angeles and my school is in downtown LA and im not into racing. I always have girls in my car or my gf and they like to hold hands/rated R blah blah...but thats besides the point. I think if you buy a car for whatever its worht if you are happy with it its all good. Im very happy with the performance of my Z, and I just wanted to add a little different look to it than all the other stock Z's in my neighborhood.i just love my z. Does that make me a poser? cus im far from it. just wanted some opinions from unbiased ppl.
Old 07-11-2005, 04:22 PM
Jaki

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

As long as you're happy with your Z it's all good... not every1 buys their Z to race, also there are lots of AT Zs here that are modded, nothing wrong with that. I personaly would not buy a automatic sport car, but than again I'm more a performance type than a show type... it's all about personal preference.

Before I read this post, I was thinking this post would be something about the greddy body kit not being good or not fitting right or something along those lines... lol

Last edited by Jaki; 07-11-2005 at 04:24 PM.
Old 07-11-2005, 04:31 PM
gqnamja83

my bad about that lol didnt mean to confuse you btw sweet looking Z in your sig~
Old 07-11-2005, 04:34 PM
gringott

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Dude, your gf's ex boyfriend? He's just mad you are tapping that poontang. Hold your head high, and do what you want. He just misses dippin his wick, and will say anything to get back at you.
Old 07-11-2005, 04:46 PM
andrewS

Hey man, let me tell you my life story. I am 18 years old and bought myself a Z car, I have fallen in love with it. But me being 18 and paying for the car myself puts some financial restraints on me. I do not have a well paying enough job to make a good amount of money a month. Therefore i would not have the money to fix the problems i would have with a MT if i damaged it. Plus i am always on the cell or with a girl in the car, holding hands u know that BS. The point is man that the Z is a beautiful car. Dont let anyone hate on what you have. I love my car to pieces as well should you. Be proud. People say all the time getting a AT Z is a waiste well who gives a **** what they think cause atleast we have one. Mine is modded out with a kit as well.

Plus i hear putting a TT (recently purchased) on a AT is faster in a drag race than a MT. Ture or False?
Old 07-11-2005, 04:48 PM
gringott

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

When I was 18 I had a $50 car and was glad to have that. Don't feel bad that you got an AT Z. At least you have a Z.
Old 07-11-2005, 04:48 PM
LaidbackRacr

+1 I drive manual (always have) but nothing wrong with visually modding your Z, its not being a pozer its making your car individual to yourself. I have created many things on my Z that are you unique to me and others may not understand but personally I don't car because ultimately its my car
Old 07-11-2005, 05:00 PM
skirby015

There are so many Z's on the road, its tight that you're making yours unique! Your gf's ex is just jealous. Do what u want to your car and dont listen to the haters. The greddy kit is hott and your car is going to look sick. Tell him to f**k off and quit being jealous.
Old 07-11-2005, 05:08 PM
gqnamja83

thanks guys that helped me alot and he has a civic si fyi ~~
Old 07-11-2005, 05:12 PM
andrewS

haha tell him to shut the hell up
Old 07-11-2005, 05:13 PM
GTNPU Z
VERTEX Army CEO

As long as your happy, that's all that matters. Never let haters put you down.
Old 07-11-2005, 05:22 PM
B-Unit

Does anyone know where this mentality of "anyone who drives an auto is a *****" came from?

Honestly, my last car was an auto and i fixed it up allot, people always gave me **** about having an auto and it really got me down alot.

I have a manual Z after that car and could honestly care less what the transmission is after having both. Its just this macho "O look i drive a manual" Crap that fast and the furious made popular.

Dont let it get you down bro, i could care less if someones Z was auto or stick!
Old 07-11-2005, 05:59 PM
OutsiderZ5

Along with everyone else **** all the haters man. What everyone says about the ex is right! The guy is driving a civic so you know he will be jealous of you! Second you got what he wants, the girl . . . . . not to mention the car, again! Do what you can afford. I sure as hell can't afford what most people who mod their car up can but all in all, you got the car that breaks peoples necks regardless, the 350Z!
Old 07-11-2005, 06:14 PM
maxipad96

What most people don't realize is that these days the auto trannies are nearly as fast as the manuals. Don't take it personally, this guy sounds like he's just trying to get in your head and has a fat case of jealousy. Auto Z's are awesome. I love mine and have no problem keeping up in manumatic mode. Matter of fact I've had a few girls ride in my car and not even realize it was an auto.

Do you really care what some douchbag(guy) thinks about your car or what the ladies think about it. Besides I need that free hand for touchscreen mac mini and the ladies.....
Old 07-11-2005, 06:42 PM
MyV6IsFast3r

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Now, I could see if your fixing up and Auto 4 door EX Civic, but a Z, come on, do what you want to your car it's well worth it, rather than trying to mod a $500 rusted out POS. Get the point? It's a well worthy car to do whatever you so please with, and to all the people putting you down, what do they drive, cause I know IMO there ain't many cars out there better than the Z for under 30K.........
Old 07-11-2005, 06:53 PM
Paul350Z
Living in 350Z

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thumbs down

I drive an automatic transmission and no, but thanks, my mom didn't buy it for me ... but my uncle did!

Good old Uncle Sam cuts me a nice check for my nearly 24 years of military service which pays for the new Z and the old house. Unfortunately for the last five years, seven months, and eleven days I've lived with constant pain in both legs due to an injury suffered on duty millenium eve day.

I'd sooner put my eye out with a burning stick than drive a stick thanks. They're a kick for about the first four or five times through the gears but then my knee starts reminding me why I draw a disability. There's too much dang bumper-to-bumper traffic even for my pleasure drive to put up with wasting my meds shifting.

***** ... I don't think so. I do think that most anyone who doesn't serve our nation for at least one enlistment is one though.
Old 07-11-2005, 07:32 PM
Z ELIMINATOR

Default 5 At King Of The Hill In Ontario Z Club

With 19 roja formula 5 's, my z ran 13.46 at the track. Trashed a 6 mt 14.95, and a modified one (headers, intake, exhaust and pulleys. ) 14.45. Last run of the day against a 2005 mustang GT. Lets just say the Z showed no mercy to him. My z makes 282 whp, 2.006, 60 ft times with stock tires. Will run in the 12.s with slicks, converter and VB. Stage 2 stillen. It ran quicker than all the cars at the road and track F1 tests. The auto in manual mode shifts great and had a field day with all the 6 MT. Good guys drive 5 AT's and should be proud of it and not have to take guff from the 6 MTs.
Ran a 13.52 with the 245/ 45 / 18 bridgestones.
My friend this is one 5 AT that takes no crap from 6 MT's
Send me your email address and i will send you pictures from the track.
Its only my 2 nd time at the track.
Old 07-11-2005, 08:28 PM
noodleman

nothing wrong with auto, it's just that manual is so much more fun :P

it's not like you were getting a big honking GT wing for your auto Z or something..even for 6MT, you gotta have the power under the hood to justify your GT wing.
Old 07-11-2005, 10:39 PM
Nitrouz
Back to Z

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

wow you are the only person I've seen/met/read that actually remembers what an ex's bf said...

do whatever you want man. Personally i would take the money to for the greddy kit, and bet him in a short race between u guys...wager it in front of your girl so his ego won't let him back down. Then you'll have money for the greddy kit AND an exhaust, and a little more peace and quiet from the little dumba$$.
Old 07-11-2005, 10:41 PM
gqnamja83

^^ lol

Quick Reply: greddy body kit(discouraging story)