Exterior & Interior 350Z Body modification, interior styling and lighting
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

greddy body kit(discouraging story)

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2005, 11:37 PM
visionboy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

with my crappy manual transmission, sometimes i wish i had an auto...only sometimes though....oh yeah, also when im in traffic.

what i dont get is what does getting body kit have to do with auto or manual transmission though?
Old 07-11-2005, 11:56 PM
35oZephyR

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a 6MT and prefer manuals but at the end of a the day a Z is a Z.
What the hell does the transmission have to do with how the car looks on the outside?

I guess, according to your girl's ex, all the AT Benz AMG's are all posers too with their amg accented bodykits?

He's just bitter he has to go "auto" in the bedroom at the end of the day.

Cheer up!
Old 07-12-2005, 05:05 AM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Z ELIMINATOR
With 19 roja formula 5 's, my z ran 13.46 at the track. Trashed a 6 mt 14.95, and a modified one (headers, intake, exhaust and pulleys. ) 14.45. Last run of the day against a 2005 mustang GT. Lets just say the Z showed no mercy to him. My z makes 282 whp, 2.006, 60 ft times with stock tires. Will run in the 12.s with slicks, converter and VB. Stage 2 stillen. It ran quicker than all the cars at the road and track F1 tests. The auto in manual mode shifts great and had a field day with all the 6 MT. Good guys drive 5 AT's and should be proud of it and not have to take guff from the 6 MTs.
Ran a 13.52 with the 245/ 45 / 18 bridgestones.
My friend this is one 5 AT that takes no crap from 6 MT's
Send me your email address and i will send you pictures from the track.
Its only my 2 nd time at the track.
See I thought this thread was cool, everybody shwoing love for auto's and MT-whichever you choose is fine, then you post something like this and make it sound like 6MT's are focking slow just because you live around non-drivers(A modded Z running 14.4?!? Did he have cerebral palsy?). Well guess what your s/c'd and auto and run 13.4 @ Id guess 103-104, and Im a bolt-on 6MT with less whp and I would destroy you down the 1/4 Glad you enjoy your auto though

In all seriousness, I dont think there is anything wrong with an auto Z. Many now have hit 13's stock down the 1/4, and unfortunately for non-drivers thats as fast or faster than most 6MT's. Enjoy your auto tranny, and your car regardless of what ANYBODY says, and dont ever, I mean ever, take $hit from an ex bf, especially one that drives a pregnant rollerskate! <---new SI body style.
Old 07-12-2005, 05:14 AM
ZBoater

Do whatever makes YOU happy man, and don't worry about what other people think, ESPECIALLY your girlfriend's ex.
Old 07-12-2005, 09:15 AM
andrewS

at a party last night, and these guys were talking about my car and how it was so bad *** and how they love it. Well i came in the party and they asked me to go look at it. I said yes took them out there and showed them. Then this one kid goes off saying WHY IN THE HELL WOULD YOU GO AUTO!? and i was like dude what do you drive man? WHy do you have to hate on me having an auto Z. He shows me his car...... the boy is driving a damn 98 honda accord...... i was just like why are you even talking to me about cars.... what a shame
Old 07-12-2005, 09:52 AM
nexstage350

who cares what other ppl think. its about what u think and forget what everyone else. .
Old 07-12-2005, 09:54 AM
DomZ

Originally Posted by Z ELIMINATOR
With 19 roja formula 5 's, my z ran 13.46 at the track. Trashed a 6 mt 14.95, and a modified one (headers, intake, exhaust and pulleys. ) 14.45. Last run of the day against a 2005 mustang GT. Lets just say the Z showed no mercy to him. My z makes 282 whp, 2.006, 60 ft times with stock tires. Will run in the 12.s with slicks, converter and VB. Stage 2 stillen. It ran quicker than all the cars at the road and track F1 tests. The auto in manual mode shifts great and had a field day with all the 6 MT. Good guys drive 5 AT's and should be proud of it and not have to take guff from the 6 MTs.
Ran a 13.52 with the 245/ 45 / 18 bridgestones.
My friend this is one 5 AT that takes no crap from 6 MT's
Send me your email address and i will send you pictures from the track.
Its only my 2 nd time at the track.

With 282whp you're only running a 13.46? That's incredible. You're giving the rest of us 5AT guys a bad name; I just play defense against the mean guys that drive 6MT cars (a small minority, but still enjoy trashing 5AT cars).

Might I ask what you have done to have 282whp and do you have dyno sheets or timeslips? Not calling BS, just want to know....
Old 07-12-2005, 10:44 AM
dreamspeed

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

there's nothing wrong with an auto, if your situation calls for you driving an auto or you just prefer driving an auto thats your choice and no one elses. It's your money you can buy whatever transmission you want with your car.

That being said I also live in LA and I feel your pain in regards to the horrendous traffic. But, I love driving manual too much to let that deter me. I can't see myself driving auto unless i'm no longer physically able to drive a manual >.<
Old 07-12-2005, 05:13 PM
Grommit

Dude. That guy, (your gf's ex), and every other guy who has to find some flaw in another persons car (or other things) are just insecure. Just get the kit and the next time he gives you crap just smile at him as you and his ex drive off in your modded Z.
Old 07-12-2005, 05:33 PM
Jun
350Z-holic

nothing wrong with automatic, if that's what you want and that's what makes you happy, more power to you.

i'll bet those friends of yours would also laugh at the 600hp automatic turbo supras that can run circles around them, wouldn't they?
Old 07-29-2005, 12:13 PM
ihatethatbobbarker

see you only have one strike against you for driving an auto, your GFs ex has a front wheel drive car, AND its a civic, so screw that tool.

ill make fun of you all day for driving an auto, but the bottom line is, its your car so who cares what i think.

btw automatics arent usually faster at drag racing, but are more consistent and allow for less driver error, theres much more to it im sure, but i think drag racing is for pussies.
Old 07-29-2005, 02:47 PM
JDMFairlady21

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

nothing wrong with AT man dont worry about what others say cause if you do, you'll spend the rest of your life worrying.

on a hypocritical note- tell your girl's ex front wheel drive is wrong wheel drive.
Old 07-29-2005, 04:09 PM
2slow4me1990

yep, race his piece of crap si and show him that your car is a freaking jet compared to his si. lol
Old 07-29-2005, 09:19 PM
Chitrod

I don't even have a Z I just come here to read up about them. Who cares what kind of transmission you have. There are pros and cons for each one. I'm 23 and just learned how to drive a manual so there is nothing wrong with an auto. Some people feel like they need a manual to hold that gear a little longer or maybe just for the macho feeling. However, sitting in rush hour traffic or on a really steep hill that automatic sure sounds appealing. I wish more companies would develop a nice compromise like the BMW SMG, but that's another thread. Anyway you've got a nice ride. A lot better than my 1996 Toyota 4runner (automatic but then again off road i don't want to have to think about shifting gears when I'm thinking about not getting stuck in the mud). The least of your worries should be what a Civic driving ex boyfriend of your girlfriend says. He's just talking out his butt cause you've got "his" girl. By the way, I'd like to see what this kit looks like.
Old 07-31-2005, 05:21 AM
TxTitan

I prefer manual for touring & auto for drag racing :-)

Oh yeah and to stay on topic; Get the kit..