Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

veilside

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2005, 09:16 AM
esfand

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default veilside

****.. i ordered a veilside carbon lip a couple of days ago... and just recieved an e-mail telling me that its out of production... right when i finally decide 2 buy one its discontinued. great..
does anyone know of a very similar lip in carbon which is around the same price as the veilside????????????????
thanks
Old 08-02-2005, 10:36 AM
ZinFla

yeah carbon creation makes a replica of that lip in cf. you could try that one.
Old 08-02-2005, 11:53 AM
King Tut

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah you didn't want that Veilside lip anyways. They probably discontinued it cause they could never get it right. I had fitament issues with 2 of them. I ended up with the Carbon Creations Vader Lip which is slightly less money and I was actually able to get it to fit on the car:

Old 08-02-2005, 03:16 PM
Reggi914

how much was the carbon creations cf front lip?
Old 08-02-2005, 04:19 PM
cha shu bao

actually, i called veilside for the same carbon lip. they said that it's out of stock, but more will be coming in.
Old 08-02-2005, 07:38 PM
esfand

hey king how is the quality of the carbon creation lip?? and if u dont mind me asking how much was it and where did u get it from....
i was told that the veilsid is discontinued because of fitment issues, wow how bad could it be? thanks
Old 08-03-2005, 04:45 AM
King Tut

It was bad. I spent multiple frustrated days trying to get 2 of them on. Whereas the Carbon Creations just took a little work to get on and I had to drill the mounting holes where they were pre drilled on the Veilside. I didn't see any difference in the quality between the two lips and the fit was better on the Carbon Creations. I got mine from 350ZForums.
Old 08-04-2005, 12:43 AM
Jason@Performance
Sponsor
Performance Nissan

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah that sucked king tut...

They did stop production of the CF Front Lip...

We have a Black Urethane lip in stock... some people install it without painting it... Fits beautiful...
Old 08-04-2005, 11:06 AM
INTENSEPOWER
Vendor - Former Vendor

Hello,

This is Darren at Intense Motorsports. We are an authorized VeilSide Dealer. Per Veilside USA, all of the issues with the VeilSide Version 1 Carbon Fiber Front Lips have been resolved. Veilside USA received a container from Japan last week with 6 of these front lips on it. They were all test fitted this week. It was determined that there are no more fittment issues with this new batch. The next container from Japan for VeilSide USA will be in October. There will be more available at that time.

VeilSide is a company of the highest honor and integrity. They have and will always stand by their product quality. If there is a fittment issue VeilSide USA:

1. Makes sure that there wasn't an installation error
2. Asks for pictures
3. Makes sure it's authentic VeilSide Product
4. Asks the customer to make adjustments

When all procedural steps have been taken, if it is determined that it is a defective part, a call is made to VeilSide Japan to get approval for the replacement of the part. The replacement part is then sent out from Veilside USA to the customer.

VeilSide also has a policy for the replacement of products that are damaged by the owner. If you buy an authentic VeilSide part, from an authorized VeilSide dealer (like us) and your car is involved in an accident, where the VeilSide part is damaged, VeilSide USA will provide you a replacement of that part for only 50% of MSRP. Authorized VeilSide dealers provide a warranty card to every customer that orders a VeilSide part. The customer fills out the card, sends it into VeilSide, and if the part is damaged during an accident, you're taken care of! In these terms, there is no other Aero company that stands by their products like VeilSide!

This post was created to inform forum members of VeilSide's policy when it comes to issues like this. Any further questions should be pointed towards VeilSide USA. Thank you.
Old 08-04-2005, 12:34 PM
King Tut

Originally Posted by 1ntenze
VeilSide is a company of the highest honor and integrity. They have and will always stand by their product quality. If there is a fittment issue VeilSide USA:

1. Makes sure that there wasn't an installation error
2. Asks for pictures
3. Makes sure it's authentic VeilSide Product
4. Asks the customer to make adjustments

When all procedural steps have been taken, if it is determined that it is a defective part, a call is made to VeilSide Japan to get approval for the replacement of the part. The replacement part is then sent out from Veilside USA to the customer.
This is all true. I followed those exact steps with my first Veilside lip and was promptly sent a second lip which fit worse than the first believe it or not. At that time I decided a refund was in order as I wasn't willing to attempt a third. I took pics of the install and pics of the broken first lip which Veilside requested. I have no issue with their customer service, just the fitament of the lip. I hope what you have stated is true and this new batch fits better.
Old 08-05-2005, 09:53 PM
esfand

i picked up my carbon creations vader lip 2day. the quality could be better, as its not the best ive seen. its not what u expect for 429.00. i could have gotten a veilside for a lil less but i cant wait till october