Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Where to buy Headlight Lens

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2005, 08:18 PM
bmxox

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where to buy Headlight Lens

I opened my headlights up, painted everything black, tinted the amber strip, waited a day for everything to dry, siliconed everything back together, waited another day for the silicone to dry. Put back on car and everything looks good.

Next day I wash the car, and when I'm drying I see all these little cracks in certain areas of the lights that definitly weren't there when I first put them on. Now 2 weeks later there are cracks everywhere in the headlights and it looks terrible. I did some searching and saw that some cleaners somehow caused it them to crack for others. While they were apart I cleaned the inside of the lens with an alcohol based cleaner. Whether that cracked it or not, I dont know.

Anyway, can I buy 2 lenses or do I need to buy the entire housing? Links or information appreciated. I'd try the dealer for a warranty since the car is 5mo old with 4k miles but I think they will laugh at me because I obviously took the lights apart to paint them and they will say I cracked them.
Old 09-07-2005, 09:55 PM
old_s13

You cannot buy the lenses, you can only by the entire headlamp assembly.

Your best bet is either buying a new or used replacement set of lamps.

either way, its an expensive strike of bad luck.
Old 09-07-2005, 10:03 PM
yobri
350Z-holic

I don't think that you can just by the lens from dealers, just the entire housing assembly. You could try Performance Nissan for this.

If you browse around for awhile, some members sell their used/damaged housings (not necessarily the lens being the damage) for a much lower price than brand new. That would be your best bet, in the economical sense.
Old 09-07-2005, 10:06 PM
LaidbackRacr

I ruined my first set doing that mod as well bro, now having done this mod a few times...don't use an oven like people recomend use a heat gun and be very careful not to over heat. I purchased Bats old non HID headlights and just used his lenses for my HID's. If you go through dealer its 850+ for headlamp assemblies like s13 said can't just buy lenses. Search online you should be able to find some salvage places you can buy HID or non HID the lenses are the same.
Old 09-08-2005, 08:15 AM
bmxox

Originally Posted by LaidbackRacr
I ruined my first set doing that mod as well bro, now having done this mod a few times...don't use an oven like people recomend use a heat gun and be very careful not to over heat.
I did use a heat gun and I took a lot of time and care in taking them apart. Nothing happened to them while I took them apart. The damage just appeared a few days after I put them back together and it just gets worse day after day. I read other peoples have cracked after they cleaned them with certain cleaners, I guess soap and water is the safest cleaner.

Theres a few people already messaging me with lenses and Ive been looking on ebay since I figured you couldnt buy just the lens new. Thanks.
Old 09-08-2005, 08:46 AM
B-Unit

I have a set id be willing to sell u, there perfect cuz the best part on them is the lens and ill let them go for waaaay cheaper than a set on ebay or from the dealer. Let me know man, send me a pm.

Bryan-