Headlights - MY350Z.COM - Nissan 350Z and 370Z Forum Discussion

Notices
Exterior & Interior 350Z Body modification, interior styling and lighting

Headlights

Old 09-25-2015, 11:49 AM
  #1  
Dsowe
Registered User
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 3
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Headlights

I have a 08 touring 350z that I got a few months back. I'm interested in getting these SPEC-D black halo projector headlights. Problem is that they're fitment is for models 03-06. So I was wondering if I would need an adapter or a conversion kit or something of that sort. Thank you, and help is greatly appreciated.
Dsowe is offline  
Old 09-25-2015, 12:17 PM
  #2  
Heel Til I Die
Registered User
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 714
Thanked 156 Times in 110 Posts
Default

Don't replace your OEM '08 projectors with them. Not only do they look terrible IMO, but you would be downgrading.

For reference:




Now, if you already have some crappy aftermarket headlights and you're trying to upgrade, there are much better alternatives. (i.e., depo with sti-r lens swap)
Heel Til I Die is offline  
Old 09-25-2015, 12:22 PM
  #3  
dcains
Registered User
iTrader: (15)
 
dcains's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Lutz, FL
Posts: 5,124
Thanked 428 Times in 338 Posts
Default

Don't f*** your car with that sort of junk. As a rule of thumb, if you can buy it on eBay, or from JM Auto Racing (a "vendor" here") you don't want it.

At least you were smart enough to ask - keep it up, and enjoy the Z.
dcains is offline  
Old 09-25-2015, 12:39 PM
  #4  
travlee
Master
iTrader: (8)
 
travlee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 36,842
Thanked 5,749 Times in 3,951 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Dsowe View Post
I have a 08 touring 350z that I got a few months back. I'm interested in getting these SPEC-D black halo projector headlights. Problem is that they're fitment is for models 03-06. So I was wondering if I would need an adapter or a conversion kit or something of that sort. Thank you, and help is greatly appreciated.
travlee is online now  
Old 09-25-2015, 01:30 PM
  #5  
Dsowe
Registered User
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 3
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Heel Til I Die View Post
Don't replace your OEM '08 projectors with them. Not only do they look terrible IMO, but you would be downgrading.

For reference:




Now, if you already have some crappy aftermarket headlights and you're trying to upgrade, there are much better alternatives. (i.e., depo with sti-r lens swap)
Okay, so I would really like black headlights with halos (preferably not smoked) would you recommend anything else along those lines?
Dsowe is offline  
Old 09-25-2015, 01:32 PM
  #6  
travlee
Master
iTrader: (8)
 
travlee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 36,842
Thanked 5,749 Times in 3,951 Posts
Default

he already stated it, the depo lights
travlee is online now  
Old 09-25-2015, 01:32 PM
  #7  
travlee
Master
iTrader: (8)
 
travlee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 36,842
Thanked 5,749 Times in 3,951 Posts
Default

travlee is online now  
Old 09-25-2015, 06:24 PM
  #8  
MicVelo
350Z/370Z Tech Moderator
MY350Z.COM
 
MicVelo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Northern California
Posts: 6,688
Thanked 1,863 Times in 1,357 Posts
Default

Is this a duplicate thread??? Me and dkmura (last I saw) responded to the same worded thread but we're absent from this one....????

EDIT: Just checked.... Yup. https://my350z.com/forum/exterior-an...l#post10657131

OP, post only ONE THREAD on your topic please.

Last edited by MicVelo; 09-25-2015 at 06:28 PM.
MicVelo is offline  
Old 09-25-2015, 07:03 PM
  #9  
Dsowe
Registered User
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 3
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by MicVelo View Post
Is this a duplicate thread??? Me and dkmura (last I saw) responded to the same worded thread but we're absent from this one....????

EDIT: Just checked.... Yup. https://my350z.com/forum/exterior-an...l#post10657131

OP, post only ONE THREAD on your topic please.
Yeah, sorry I posted on my phone. I checked it before and my thread wasn't there. So I reposted.
Dsowe is offline  
Old 09-28-2015, 11:05 AM
  #10  
Heel Til I Die
Registered User
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 714
Thanked 156 Times in 110 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Dsowe View Post
Okay, so I would really like black headlights with halos (preferably not smoked) would you recommend anything else along those lines?
OP, if you want the blacked out look, but no smoked lens, you have a few options:

1. ebay depo lights and swap the sti-r lens from TRS (theretrofitsource.com) for better light output and cutoff pattern.

2. open the headlights yourself by baking them and black them out yourself. you can add halos, demon eyes, ironman mods, etc. while they're open (https://my350z.com/forum/body-interi...-many-pix.html)

3. get a 3rd party company to mod them for you if you lack the testicular fortitude to diy (i.e., http://zworklights.com/)
Heel Til I Die is offline  
Old 01-09-2019, 04:05 PM
  #11  
wakefulkomodo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 1
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I have these headlights for 2004 nissan 350z they look great and function fine and work fine except for the fact that there pointed upwards and I can't see the road anyone know any solutions or how to adjust them

Last edited by wakefulkomodo; 01-10-2019 at 05:05 AM.
wakefulkomodo is offline  
Old 01-09-2019, 05:20 PM
  #12  
travlee
Master
iTrader: (8)
 
travlee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 36,842
Thanked 5,749 Times in 3,951 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by wakefulkomodo View Post
I have these headlights for 2004 nissan 350z they look great and function fine and work fine except for the fact that there pointed upwards and I can't see the road anyone know any solutions
adjust them
travlee is online now  
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
Uriyo_
Exterior & Interior
21
11-06-2015 06:59 AM
JGee450
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z
4
09-30-2015 05:32 AM
TrboMike
North East
1
09-28-2015 07:36 PM
Kilroy.Bukowski
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z
23
09-26-2015 12:24 PM


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Headlights


Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: