Exterior & Interior 350Z Body modification, interior styling and lighting
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Top Secret Z33 Takata's mount???

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2005, 04:02 PM
UNV-IT!!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ok so Cusco/safety makes cages for the Z in both Chromoly which is what you see in my S2000 and steel which is a little heavier and also comes in black. But they don't offer any harness bar option like they do in the S2000. The harness bar you guys posted also is no good at the moment as the way the harnesses mount they wrap aound the bar where as the takata's clip onto eye bolts. so i am trying to confirm with the company if the extra little bar that runs under the main bar could withstand the force of harnesses being cliped onto that and being pulled under full load of an accident. other wise maybe they can design some way of attaching eye bolts to it instead of that single bar... i will keep everyone posted
Old 10-20-2005, 05:15 AM
Z1 Performance
Former Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

the Cusco cages are only for coupes

also, Takata's won't mount to a cage or a harness bar without having tabs welded onto the cage/bar.

So what did TS do? My guess is they followed the rules - put the seats in their intended position, measured 45 degree angle from the pass through at the top of the seat, went through the plastic, and drilled/tapped a hole for the harness to mount to
Old 10-20-2005, 11:27 AM
UNV-IT!!!

Originally Posted by Z1 Performance
the Cusco cages are only for coupes

also, Takata's won't mount to a cage or a harness bar without having tabs welded onto the cage/bar.

So what did TS do? My guess is they followed the rules - put the seats in their intended position, measured 45 degree angle from the pass through at the top of the seat, went through the plastic, and drilled/tapped a hole for the harness to mount to
The problem with the cusco cage is they do not offer a harness bar option for Z33 like they do with my S2000. The harness bar came with 4 holes pre drilled into the bar for the eyebolts. The other problem with all the harness bar's out and cages made for the Z33 don't have that harness option. the harness bars out are made to be used with wrap around harnesses. which is not what i am looking for. i only want to use takata's. As far as the Top Secret Z33 goes i talked to my connection at Top Secret and was told that they drilled 4 holes into the rear Tower bar in the car and put eye bolts. so it looks like that could be my only option
Old 10-21-2005, 07:22 AM
Phatmitzu

Originally Posted by Z1 Performance
Thats exactly what I did.

Sparco Harness Reinforcement Plate behind the frame

Tada!

Old 10-21-2005, 08:30 AM
daytona350z

Originally Posted by Phatmitzu
Thats exactly what I did.

Sparco Harness Reinforcement Plate behind the frame

Tada!

hey mark, now that i look at your harness mounting points, you may wanna re-consider the mounting points for your shoulder hareness. they look to have way more than a 43* angle. or maybe its just the pic angle.
Old 10-21-2005, 08:57 AM
Phatmitzu

Originally Posted by daytona350z
hey mark, now that i look at your harness mounting points, you may wanna re-consider the mounting points for your shoulder hareness. they look to have way more than a 43* angle. or maybe its just the pic angle.
Yeah, someone has told me that before. Something about it being too slanted? What are the keys on harness angles?

Im thinking about getting a Kirk roll bar. What do you think?
Old 10-21-2005, 09:03 AM
daytona350z

Yeah, someone has told me that before. Something about it being too slanted? What are the keys on harness angles?

Im thinking about getting a Kirk roll bar. What do you think?
generally any angle measured from the drivers seat inbetween 45 degrees and straight back works. here is a pic that kinda shows what i am talking about:

the kirk bar if i remember correctly, has a harness bar in it as well. but i would reccomend talking to cheston about having technosquare fabing you one up as i hear they have much better clearance than the atopower or kirk.

i remember brians car had his belts attatched to the rear strut tower bar.
Old 10-21-2005, 09:08 AM
Phatmitzu

ok. I'll ask Cheston about it.

Thanks.
Old 10-21-2005, 10:32 AM
UNV-IT!!!

Originally Posted by daytona350z
generally any angle measured from the drivers seat inbetween 45 degrees and straight back works. here is a pic that kinda shows what i am talking about:

the kirk bar if i remember correctly, has a harness bar in it as well. but i would reccomend talking to cheston about having technosquare fabing you one up as i hear they have much better clearance than the atopower or kirk.

i remember brians car had his belts attatched to the rear strut tower bar.
That is what TS did in their car. they attached the harnesses to the oem tower bar. you can see the angle they used on the link i posted earier in the thread.
Old 10-21-2005, 10:53 AM
Phatmitzu

I got the coupe version...the harness is not long enough

Old 10-21-2005, 12:09 PM
UNV-IT!!!

I got the coupe version...the harness is not long enough

ahh you mean you got the roadster version/harness bar version... ya thats what i have in my S2000, the difference in length is a lot. I know they make an extension part don't know how much longer it would make your version.