Sponsored by:

those that have had their windows tinted

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2002, 04:20 PM
ares
Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default those that have had their windows tinted

particularly those that had it done at hotspot in atlanta. how long does this take? do they ussually do it while you wait? I made an appointment for tomarrow at 2:30, I assume that means I bring the car in and they take care of it while I wait?
Old 12-28-2002, 08:33 AM
Jill

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ares-
I don't know if you've gone yet or if you'll read this before you go... but it all depends on the weather. When I went, it was below freezing, and they had to wait for the temperature to rise or the water in between the tint and the window to dry before they could pull my car out of the shop. Otherwise, the tint would come off of the window (due to the water in between the two freezing once it gets out of the warmer weather and into the colder). Unfortunately, my guys didn't wait long enough, and the drivers side is pulling up about an inch (ghetto, huh?). Overall, mine took about 3 1/2 hours in freezing weather. He said the actual tinting took about an hour and a half or so. I'd also assume it'd depend on how busy they are (it is a Saturday...). So, good luck!
-jill
Old 12-28-2002, 06:55 PM
ares
Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

luckily it went quick, took some time, but they were perfectionist, this was their 13 Z to be tinted. and 2 of them drove 240SXs highly modified.

it was reassuring when I came in, they go right to work and pop everything apart like its childs play. when I brought my car to nissan to have the amp replaced they scratched their heads. always nice when the people know exactly what their doing.

great work hot spot.