Notices
Exterior & Interior 350Z Body modification, interior styling and lighting
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Clear Bra & Tint Installers in Nashville?

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2002, 06:03 PM
MannishBoy
350Z-holic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clear Bra & Tint Installers in Nashville?

Anybody know of a good place to get a clear bra and tint installed in Nashville? I may have finally found a good deal on a car, and I'd want to get these things installed before too long after getting the car.

I know Nashville Infiniti has somebody that does the clear bra stuff on the hoods of their G35Cs. I guess I could check with them, but I couldn't really tell how good a job they'd do on the nose, since the hood is probably the easiest part.
Old 12-29-2002, 05:53 AM
VandyZ

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Infinity of Nashville is where I would go. I have seen their stuff and it looked ok when I tested the G35C. If you wanted the best job I guess you would have to go to Atlanta. I said from the beginning that I was not going to do this . . . now my bumper has some chips in it and I wish I had done it.

Tint would have to be Solar Insulation on 46th Ave N. off exit 205 on I-40. They are by far the best in Nashville. I was going to get mine done but I decided not to for two reasons: I still have the grease problem on my windows and I have a hard enough time seeing out the windows and I don’t need increased problems at night. I will probably change my mind once the grease goes away!
Old 12-29-2002, 07:21 AM
ares
Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

yeah, if you dont mind taking a trip to atlanta, Id reccomend it. Ill see if I can go get some pics, but those guys are VERY familiar with the Z. they had it memorized on how to remove the door panels for it. no guess work anywhere with it. their cuts were exact, no waves, and no border on the windows where the tint didnt cover, went to a perfect edge.

besides Id imagine some back roads from tenn to atlanta could make for some good fun.
Old 12-29-2002, 07:36 PM
MannishBoy
350Z-holic

Thanks for the recommend on the tint. I've always had tint on my car, and feel naked without it I hadn't bought a car since I moved to Nashville, and was unfamiliar with the local shops.

As for the grease problem, I haven't noticed it on my car yet, and I put the windows down a couple of times. Hopefully I won't have it. However, my Pontiac GTP has had a similar thing going on for five years, and it hasn't hurt the tint. Cleans off with glass cleaner.
Old 12-29-2002, 10:48 PM
ares
Veteran

asked them about it, they were familiar with that as well. they said it was grease on a rubber roller to keep it from drying out.

they made it seem like you couldnt fix it without hurting the roller in the long run. they said it wouldnt hurt anything.
Old 12-31-2002, 04:14 AM
luckistryke

Originally posted by ares
Ill see if I can go get some pics, but those guys are VERY familiar with the Z. they had it memorized on how to remove the door panels for it. no guess work anywhere with it. their cuts were exact, no waves, and no border on the windows where the tint didnt cover, went to a perfect edge.

they had to remove your door panels to do the side windows... did they remove the third brake light too or they cut around it?...how much did they charged for all five window
Old 12-31-2002, 11:14 AM
ares
Veteran

the also removed the 3rd brake light sourounding. it let them get the tint beyond where the panels stop, particularly for the side windows, that way the end of the tint actually extends beyond the seal, and it would rub everytime you open your door.

like I said, they were very familiar, knew exactly what they were doing on the car. didnt miss a single spot.