Exterior & Interior 350Z Body modification, interior styling and lighting
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Body Kits and Clearances.

Old 10-27-2005, 08:14 AM
foochdawg

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Body Kits and Clearances.

I was looking into body kits and a possible mix and matching of kits. But the thing is that all the kits seem to very as far as how low they make the car. I am trying to get a spreadsheet together that I will post here if I can get enough information. I am looking for people to post the kit they have on their car, the springs(even stock) that are on the car, and how much distance there is between the ground and each of the 4 sides.

i.e.
Vertex-Eibach- 3"(front),3.5"(rear) 3"(sides)
kinda like that. I will put a sheet together. The reason I am doing this is so that it doesn't happen to me or anyone like it did on my last car. Notice the height difference from front bumper to side skirts...looks goofy.

Old 10-27-2005, 04:45 PM
NA&CH
General & Tech Senior Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 132 Likes on 96 Posts

NIce Eclipse I had the same problem with my Eclipse. I think it happens when you mix kits. You had the blitz with razzi. Those razzi's laid lowwww...
Old 10-27-2005, 05:27 PM
taurran

Please don't do that to your Z.
Old 10-28-2005, 03:15 AM
foochdawg

Originally Posted by Turbogt
NIce Eclipse I had the same problem with my Eclipse. I think it happens when you mix kits. You had the blitz with razzi. Those razzi's laid lowwww...
I was thinking of mixing and matching kits, which is why I wanted to try to get this information so that I can see what will be the same hieght.
Old 10-28-2005, 03:19 AM
foochdawg

Originally Posted by taurran
Please don't do that to your Z.
I don't get what is so wrong with the car? It was a show car. It's not like I didn't have any performance done to it.

I didn't slap stickers all over it.
Old 10-28-2005, 05:05 AM
Chicken

II honestly think that may be in the top 10 of the most horrid cars I've ever seen, but that's besides the point (as my opinion of it doesn't matter). I think you need to decide what you want to talk about in this thread. Either your old car, or the spreadsheet thing.

Keeping on topic, I really don't see a point in trying to create a spreadsheet with all the parts and numbers. There's a million front, rear, side, suspension combinations, and trying to list them all would be futile.

In additon to not looking uneven (your apparent concern), it is beneficial for mixed parts have to look good together (something that's apparently not your concern). The lines of your old car's bumper and sideskirt don't match, regardless of the height issue.

Do you want to create a spreadsheet or start piecing together a kit for your car? If it is the latter, then start looking at pieces (probably the front bumper if that's what you'll be including), and then go from there.
Old 10-28-2005, 05:10 AM
foochdawg

Well I apolagize for the thread then. I'll just get the vertex kit. Someone put together a thread about ride heights and springs and models and everything. I just though I would try to put a list together to help anyone else out. N/m then.
Old 10-28-2005, 05:38 AM
sponsorsthisway

Guys, no need to be an *** about his car. And btw, I think he's just tryin to help everyone out (whether its so everyone could mix body kits and make it look even or just see how high or low one as opposed to another is). I personally am looking for body kits and height is a concern to me as I don't want to be limited to where I can drive. If people were willing to break out a ruler, submit the #'s to me so he can do ALL the work as he says, who cares. Seems to me he's just trying to help people out and he's gettin dogged. That's cool.
Back on topic, anyone know how much higher the Aerosync is as opposed to the Vertex? These are my top to choices right now. THanks!
Old 10-28-2005, 08:07 PM
Chicken

Originally Posted by sponsorsthisway
Guys, no need to be an *** about his car.
Well, then I guess he didn't really want an answer to this question...
Originally Posted by foochdawg
I don't get what is so wrong with the car?
Or he only wanted people to say how great it looks. Sorry, but...

I posted pictures of my car once it was done and some people hated it, thought it looked like other cars, etc. Didn't bother me (but maybe I have a thicker skin than some). I posted pictures of my wheels and some people didn't like them either (luckily they didn't pay over $3,500 for them I suppose, eh?) It makes me happy (and while I like all of you, all of your opinions one way or another taken as just that, opinions). I've seen many people post that they think something looks great, is hot, etc., and thought to myself, "Are these people smoking crack?"

I guess my point was that aesthetics plays a greater role in something working than height IMHO. Two pieces that are a little higher or lower might work fine, so long as it all flows together. Plus there are clean pieces (like the greddy sides) which seem to look good with a variety of different front ends because they aren't excessively high nor low, plus they blend well with the car's lines.

Plus, unless you're looking for something new, there's a good chance that someone has the combination, or similar combination already which will give you a rought idea of how it would look.

Finally, my coment was that he shouldn't ask questions like, "What is so wrong with the car?" if he wants to create the spreadsheet, only because that will lead to 10 pages of what is so right/wrong with the car, and one post of measurements for the database.