Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2 Body Work Questions

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2005, 10:29 PM
sundevil67

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2 Body Work Questions

#1 I have a stubborn wind noise in the driver's side door that I can't seem to get rid of. I remember having one when I got the car, but since I've gotten into an accident, it has become much worse. It's like a wind tunnel in the car and I can barely here someone on the phone or the radio. How much should it cost if I were to bring this to a body shop and ask for them to repair it? What is involved specifically? Anyone know? I know you are thinking, just bring it back to the body shop that messed it up; well, they went out of business and screwed me over bigtime, so that's out.

#2 I had basically my entire car painted aside from the rear decklid. I purchased some vinyl graphics to apply, and I've heard that you should wait a certain amount of time before doing something like this after its been painted. How much time is adequate?

Thanks.

sundevil67
Old 11-03-2005, 05:17 PM
bbhiznors

i have the same wind noise from my drivers side window....f'n drives me nutts....took it to nissan and they wanted around 200 to fix it due to my "aftermarket" speakers that i didnt noe were installed...damn used cars...the speakers suck too hah...i thought i could deal w/ it for 200 dollars
Old 11-03-2005, 06:29 PM
sundevil67

I did notice it when I first bought the car, but it got much worse after the accident. I am going to mention it to them when I bring it in for some other warranty work and maybe I can get them to fix it. Thanks for the info.
Old 11-10-2005, 12:41 PM
bmxox

Originally Posted by sundevil67

#2 I had basically my entire car painted aside from the rear decklid. I purchased some vinyl graphics to apply, and I've heard that you should wait a certain amount of time before doing something like this after its been painted. How much time is adequate?

It takes approximately 3 months for all the chemicals in the clear coat to do whatever is they have to do. I forget the correct terminology but evertime I've had something painted they always remind me not to wax the new paint for 3 months.
Old 11-10-2005, 01:39 PM
sundevil67

Thanks! I will wait another month to apply the graphics. I am a little worried about how they are going to look, but I guess I could always just have them removed if I don't like it without any damage done (except to my wallet). What I really need is a good photo of the Veilside version 3 body kit, which has the exact pattern. Anyone know where i can find that? The veilside website I used to visit doesn't seem to be up anymore.