Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

what am i looking at...

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2005, 06:28 PM
steveiZdaman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what am i looking at...

for the whole hood re painted....since some as*hole with road rage followed me to the mall and keyed profane(sp?) words on my hood...

i have $500 deductable...i called the police and got the claim number...i have to call tom. afternoon...but just wondering if it pays to buy a carbon fiber hood or something rather then paint this one.

i am so pissed had the car 3months its 35th anniv...and this goes and happens....
Old 11-12-2005, 06:33 PM
Gryphin

well if you plan on doing carbon fiber down the road, then this is more of a reason to just go ahead and get that part out of the way...
Old 11-12-2005, 06:38 PM
steveiZdaman

Originally Posted by Gryphin
well if you plan on doing carbon fiber down the road, then this is more of a reason to just go ahead and get that part out of the way...
yea i did plan on it actually but way down the road...i mean xmas is coming and i got a vacation in march so funds are tight now...but id rather go the cheapest way.

honestly i dont even want this hood anymore knowing what was on it is painted over...

i was lookin at the seibon vt style carbon fiber hood though in the future
Old 11-12-2005, 07:06 PM
bmxox

anything under $1500 is not worth using insurance for because in most cases they raise your rates on you and end up paying more back. to paint the hood only should run $200-350.
Old 11-12-2005, 07:24 PM
steveiZdaman

Originally Posted by bmxox
anything under $1500 is not worth using insurance for because in most cases they raise your rates on you and end up paying more back. to paint the hood only should run $200-350.
yea i have to see tom...

i might just go the extra and get the CF hood....eliminate the whole painting lol just gota pay to install and fit it
Old 11-12-2005, 07:34 PM
davidv

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Sorry about your run in with a frightened child. A man does his business with another man face-to-face. Anyone who goes behind your back and does such a thing is a frightened child.

There is a bright side: think of how miserable it must be to actually “be” this pathetic loser.
Old 11-12-2005, 09:36 PM
steveiZdaman

Originally Posted by davidv
Sorry about your run in with a frightened child. A man does his business with another man face-to-face. Anyone who goes behind your back and does such a thing is a frightened child.

There is a bright side: think of how miserable it must be to actually “be” this pathetic loser.
yea he was a real character...wanabe tough guy...he yelled out the window into my girlfriends window ill punch u in the face lol then my gf said NICE HONDA...only b/c every1 and there mother drives a honda accord on staten island...but he must of circled the entire mall parkin lot(which is far from small) to just find my car...cuz he didnt follw me into the mall. Im still fuming...i dont even wana get in my car anymore
Old 11-13-2005, 02:44 AM
Nitrouz
Back to Z

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

keep your head up bro...I have a black 35th and got a Seibon CF VT hood. Looks good.

And if you do get the hood, don't pay someone else to install it for you...not worth it. Took me 10 minutes in total to do, and I've never had experience with changing hoods before. It's just 4 screws...2 on each side. Unscrew, take of oem hood, stack on CF hood, screw using the supplied bolts (4), loosen three bolts on your latch on top of the front bumper and pull it up to the highest point it will go, and screw back in tight. Done.

Good luck.

Last edited by Nitrouz; 11-13-2005 at 02:47 AM.
Old 11-13-2005, 12:43 PM
bmxox

Originally Posted by nitrouz
keep your head up bro...I have a black 35th and got a Seibon CF VT hood. Looks good.

And if you do get the hood, don't pay someone else to install it for you...not worth it. Took me 10 minutes in total to do, and I've never had experience with changing hoods before. It's just 4 screws...2 on each side. Unscrew, take of oem hood, stack on CF hood, screw using the supplied bolts (4), loosen three bolts on your latch on top of the front bumper and pull it up to the highest point it will go, and screw back in tight. Done.

Good luck.

If you do go with the carbon and decide to install yourself (definitly easy) just make sure the first time you go to close it you go very slow and watch all the edges, there is some adjustment to the hood and if its off the edges can come down on the fenders creating more damage.
Old 11-13-2005, 01:00 PM
steveiZdaman

Good luck.
wow didnt think it was that simple...i am just worried about the fitment if it is off a little....my ram air hood i had on my last car was way off...needed 2-3hrs of labor to get it on perfect...i think the edges needed sanding too...paid $800 for it too and it fitted like shyt
Old 11-13-2005, 01:45 PM
Nitrouz
Back to Z

well from what I read here Seibon hoods are hit or miss too...it will either fit almost perfectly or not at all. So might as well try it first to minimize your costs if you don't need to be spending it. If you need help, just PM me. The key is the last part of the sequence...adjusting your front latch to the highest point.

Good luck.
Old 11-13-2005, 02:30 PM
steveiZdaman

well from what I read here Seibon hoods are hit or miss too...it will either fit almost perfectly or not at all. So might as well try it first to minimize your costs if you don't need to be spending it. If you need help, just PM me. The key is the last part of the sequence...adjusting your front latch to the highest point.

Good luck.
thanks a lot man....just one question...say i get the CF hood and down the line and incident like this happens where the CF hood gets scratched...my question is how do u repair that without buying a whole new hood? lol

people in NY are out of there minds...u beep a horn at some1 that isnt going on a green light they will hunt ur *** down lol...i think im gona disconnect my horn b/c i do have a horn problem and look where it got me
Old 11-13-2005, 04:36 PM
Nitrouz
Back to Z

well it is really difficult to redo a CF hood...if they don't key deep enough to hit the CF, then a VERY GOOD body shop might be able to wet sand the clearcoat down and repaint a clearcoat to go back to the original look.

But if they keyed it all the way to the CF, then there's nothing you can do. Either buy a new CF hood or get it fixed and paint it body colour.

And to your horn question, instead of backing off and taking off your horn, you could just carry an air-horn and blow their ears off lol...that might scare them away, or screw up your car really bad...depends on your luck I guess. Hey, try it out! Double or nothing! lol j/k
Old 11-13-2005, 04:55 PM
steveiZdaman

well it is really difficult to redo a CF hood...if they don't key deep enough to hit the CF, then a VERY GOOD body shop might be able to wet sand the clearcoat down and repaint a clearcoat to go back to the original look.

But if they keyed it all the way to the CF, then there's nothing you can do. Either buy a new CF hood or get it fixed and paint it body colour.

And to your horn question, instead of backing off and taking off your horn, you could just carry an air-horn and blow their ears off lol...that might scare them away, or screw up your car really bad...depends on your luck I guess. Hey, try it out! Double or nothing! lol j/k
i actually think the seibon hoods should come unpainted for those who dont want the CF look....not a bad idea

lolol....i work on yachts...i think i might jack the horn off the 75ft viking we have thats worth around 4 million hahaa...i was up on the sheer fixing the horn and my boss snuck inside the boat and blew the horn while i was about a foot away from it...it made me fall off the sheer and my ears were ringing for a good few hrs lol.