Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LED turn signal clusters

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2005, 11:24 AM
sponsorsthisway

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LED turn signal clusters

Does anyone know where I can get led clusters to swap for the regular turn signal? I have seen the 15 led clusters but i wanted something with more leds like the ones from clearcorners.com. THanks!
Old 11-17-2005, 12:13 PM
ZlleH

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2-AMB...spagenameZWDVW
Old 11-17-2005, 01:29 PM
sponsorsthisway

You are the f'n man!!! Thanks!
Old 11-17-2005, 01:36 PM
HockeyZ39

Does anyone make a full reverse light/turn signal piece that is full LED? I don’t mean the replacement LED cluster bulbs, I am talking a FULL LED piece. TIA for any help.
Old 11-17-2005, 01:44 PM
sponsorsthisway

You mean like the clearcorners one? Thats what i wanted but i can't seem to find em anywhere. I don't think clearcorners would be too willing to tell us their supplier, unless they actually make them themselves. Either way, the link above is the closest i've seen at the best price.
Old 11-17-2005, 02:47 PM
HockeyZ39

I am talking about this part, I want it to be all LED instead of just a LED cluster bulb! Does anyone make such a thing? I looked at clear corners and didnt notice anything like what I am talking about.

Old 11-17-2005, 03:10 PM
MustGoFastR

Cool. Looks like part of the bulb housing is amber colored, though... kind of defeats the purpose of changing to LED signals and getting rid of the amber bulb, doesn't it???
Old 11-17-2005, 04:00 PM
ZlleH

That's why I didn't get it. But others might not care about that. Mine is only 9 refractors pointing frontwards with no colour on the side but it is not very bright.

Maybe the original posters care more about brightness then colour since he wanted more then 15 idivudal refractors.

Originally Posted by MustGoFastR
Cool. Looks like part of the bulb housing is amber colored, though... kind of defeats the purpose of changing to LED signals and getting rid of the amber bulb, doesn't it???
Old 11-17-2005, 05:36 PM
old_s13

it looks pretty clear to me, the entire assembly lights up.
Old 11-17-2005, 07:29 PM
ZlleH

I want those rear turning lights smoked so no need to put LED in them.
Old 11-17-2005, 08:12 PM
neur0sis

what about something like this:

I thought about taking an extra set of tail lights, and running a couple of these in series. make a totaly custom tail light. Seal it all up with some silicone on the back side.
Though my electronics theory is a little rusty... I'll have to look up (or ask here) how I could run multiple LED panels like this on the same source wires without overloading or underloading the circut.
Old 11-17-2005, 08:31 PM
HockeyZ39

Originally Posted by neur0sis
what about something like this:

I thought about taking an extra set of tail lights, and running a couple of these in series. make a totaly custom tail light. Seal it all up with some silicone on the back side.
Though my electronics theory is a little rusty... I'll have to look up (or ask here) how I could run multiple LED panels like this on the same source wires without overloading or underloading the circut.
Deffinatly keep me posted on what you find out, I already have a set of 06 tails on the way, but that LED set could work well with the turn signal and reverse lights!!!

I dont just want the whole housing to light up, you can get that same effect with a bulb and it would probably be brighter. I want the full LED effect but I want it all over the turn signal housing not just where the bulb goes.

Acree and a few others know alot about LED's I am sure you could take individual LED's and make your own patters if you took the time. If there is nothing made for the turn signals this is probably the route I will take. It would basicly be the same as those front reflectors that people retrofit some LED's into. Shouldnt be hard, just time consuming.
Old 11-17-2005, 10:08 PM
neur0sis

Upon a little more research, you can get "strip" LED's on places like eBAY :

This is a 7" strip. They make all sorts of sizes, and even bendable ones. It would be nice to take apart the rear turn signals, and bend two of these around in the shape of the rear turn signal. Wire them up together and clip the wires to the turn signal 12+ leads.

Then do the same with the reverse lights!

Now, just need to find some exrta rear signals to play with!

(those strips on eBay are like $0.99 + ship)
Old 11-18-2005, 12:07 AM
Acree

hah... i have something in the making that will blow you guys away. here's a teaser pic of what i'm working on. can anyone say "Sequential?"
Attached Thumbnails LED turn signal clusters-pb130034.jpg  
Old 11-18-2005, 01:06 AM
HockeyZ39

Originally Posted by Acree
hah... i have something in the making that will blow you guys away. here's a teaser pic of what i'm working on. can anyone say "Sequential?"
You never let down Acree!

Hey when you get some time could you PM me the sites you used to learn about LED's?

And on that "teaser" your gonna have to tell use what matierials you used, looks exactly how I pictured mine!
Old 11-18-2005, 07:51 AM
Acree

as far as learning about leds, it's all pretty much self taught man. i've completed over 20 projects ranging from dome light modifications to new sidemarkers for my car and other people. it's all trial and error. the materials used in the turn signals were 56 amber superflux, 3 luxeon 3 watt stars, and some pcb. that plus the circuitry that makes them sequential. i will have the other side completed and put on the car in a month. then will follow the full day/night pics plus video and full write up. i can't show it in action yet. not until the other one is finished.
Old 11-18-2005, 09:12 AM
Phatmitzu

Interesting...

please update when its finished.

Old 11-18-2005, 10:51 AM
HockeyZ39

as far as learning about leds, it's all pretty much self taught man. i've completed over 20 projects ranging from dome light modifications to new sidemarkers for my car and other people. it's all trial and error. the materials used in the turn signals were 56 amber superflux, 3 luxeon 3 watt stars, and some pcb. that plus the circuitry that makes them sequential. i will have the other side completed and put on the car in a month. then will follow the full day/night pics plus video and full write up. i can't show it in action yet. not until the other one is finished.
Self taught!? Jeez man!

Didnt you have to use somthing for reference? To know how to wire everything up? I have installed a few MOD chips on PS2's but that is as far as my electronic skills have gone.

So even though you dont use them do you know of any good LED websites where I can learn the basics? I get alot of crap when I try to search.
Old 11-18-2005, 04:04 PM
frankmusic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Cool Awesome Stuff!

the materials used in the turn signals were 56 amber superflux, 3 luxeon 3 watt stars, and some pcb. that plus the circuitry that makes them sequential. i will have the other side completed and put on the car in a month. then will follow the full day/night pics plus video and full write up. not until the other one is finished.
WOW! Those lights are simply awesome! Those items would definitely compliment my newly added '06 Tail Lights. I can't wait to see your finished product.

Keep up the great work that you do!

I also like the unique LED door handles.
Old 11-18-2005, 04:09 PM
trescincuenta

I am definitely down to buy a set off you when you get it workign acree. My g/f is buying me the JDM optional half clear LED taillights too

Quick Reply: LED turn signal clusters