Notices
Exterior & Interior 350Z Body modification, interior styling and lighting

Attention ARES

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2005 | 06:01 PM
Daytona350Texas

Originally Posted by ares
duhhh Ive apparently mentally blocked this thread. not sure how I completely missed it. anyway, sorry for the delay.

as for the question, Ive looked at it, and now that the clear strips are readily available it is possible.

bottom line is however, as Ive told a few people that PMed me about this, headlights are expensive. I only do this in my freetime as a quasi hobby that basicly pays for my own projects at best. point is, I gaurentee everything I do, cant see doing it any other way, but I dont have the means to gaurentee a 700$ headlight housing.

Ive thought about how it could be done, and it doesnt appear that hard, but none the less I wouldnt want to run the risk of messing it up.
curious if maybe you can just have the setup ready like LEDs pre-sautered, wires pre-ran and harnessed, and have the clear strip, then send it all like a package and we DIY type thing... i wouldnt mind trying to do it myself with the stuff already done... even though i wouldnt mind learning how to do it all cause i have a lot of time on my hands sometimes.... haha get back at me if this is possible
Old 11-29-2005 | 08:30 PM
ares
Veteran
Premier Member

thought of that, but there is no room in the housing for such a setup, the housing itself would need to be marked and drilled for the LEDs. it would be extremely difficult to presolder the LEDs for holes that werent yet drilled. plus asking people to drill their own headlights with nothing but a template and a dream might be a bit much.
Old 11-29-2005 | 08:48 PM
Daytona350Texas

haha ya i know. Well how about this, if you get some time and wanna do a project, try to do it to a pair of housing and record everything you do, then we can get in contact sometime and talk about the finer points of saudering, and everything then i can just follow your records and do a step by step. Cause ive always had a thing for wiring and engineer work like this but never got into it... and i have a LOT of free time right now before i start school up and so i wouldnt mind learning a few tricks/trades while im at, and that will open a lot of LED work im thinking of doing for my car...
Old 12-07-2005 | 01:57 AM
seanrulz

Originally Posted by Daytona350Texas
www.clearcorners.com

And ares doesnt just put 1 led... he has a clear side with 30led... www.rasecreations.com they look nice as hell and half the price as the ones adv on clearcorners, so i was curious if he could do something like the strip but for half the price or 1/3 or something ya im greedy, and poor now that i have this payment every month stacking. Attached is a pic of Ares (16) led strips, now just think of (30)
That picture is VERY FAMILAR... wait.. I took that picture almost 2 years ago..