Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Horrible Bodykit experience

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2005, 02:09 PM
nlsqba

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by zzaa604
hey man could make the picture any smaller...

hahaha....

+1 on that one
Old 12-03-2005, 03:07 PM
SandMan

Thanks for the support, I will try and post some pictures of it tomorrow. I will take some shots that show the half a$$ work.
Old 12-03-2005, 04:46 PM
ramraz

Sad to hear that. I'm glad I like my Z the way it is, but I can't fault you or anyone else for trying to make it look even more sleek. I've seen mostly good kits out there on Z's.
Old 12-03-2005, 05:23 PM
Z BOY

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

your case in court will hinge largely on the quality of the pix you provide as evidence. like they say, a pic is worth a thousand words. when you file and have them served, they'll prolly settle right away out of court, cuz when you lose, it goes on your trw, and if its as bad as you say, they surely will lose. good luck, and take hq pix.
Old 12-03-2005, 05:28 PM
taurran

I know your pain. I am trying to work through dealing with a bodyshop now who mismatched my paint, left cracks in the kit, screwed up my hood, and scratched my wheels. All this while charging me way more than it should have cost. I wish I had never touched body work at this point.

Good luck with it.
Old 12-03-2005, 05:41 PM
Z BOY

i read about too many people unhappy with the work their paint/body shop did, so no body kit for me. just a lip and wing. they can't fk those up too bad.
Old 12-03-2005, 07:08 PM
Queens 350z

Originally Posted by Z BOY
i read about too many people unhappy with the work their paint/body shop did, so no body kit for me. just a lip and wing. they can't fk those up too bad.
I am with you on that. just a lip and wing. Carbon fiber :-) so we don't even need to paint it.
Old 12-03-2005, 08:38 PM
manny007

When I had my kit repainted I made sure that the painter took my gas cap off and with him to the paint supply store and have the store use a spectrim gun to perfectly match the paint after the first spray was off color.

Since then I have been learning how to paint myself.

I feel for you dude. Good luck
Old 12-03-2005, 09:44 PM
nisco

get your money back, or have them redo everythign till they get it right...

tehy could have jus cut the exhaust hole sbigger to fit teh exhaust...
fit it again, then preped and painted it...
put the kit on and then test fit teh exhaust....

finally put teh kit on and let teh paint cure, then clear coat teh **** ou tof it.. then put teh exhaust on...

they raped you for the intial cost of importing the kit, and raped you 2 times over for teh work to prep/paint/ install the kit...

i cant believe those guys could be so friggin stupid....
Old 12-03-2005, 11:09 PM
Z BOY

no way i would let them touch my car again.
Old 12-04-2005, 06:57 AM
thezedsled

Originally Posted by Z BOY
you sound like such a victim. take (good) pix of their work. have someone else repair it. sue them in small claims.
+1
Old 12-04-2005, 06:59 AM
thezedsled

And you actually paid for this. That is the worst part...

Find a way to get your money back...
Old 12-04-2005, 05:32 PM
abui01

I think you should go back there until they get it right. Contact BBB Better Business Bureau and inform them of the situation. After they receive a call from BBB, they should get their act together. Make them promise you they will get it right otherwise they should not charge you for painting the kit. Dont EVER settle for less, especially on a Z or anything of that matter. 2.5k is worth a perfect job, nothing less. When they see your car so many times in the shop, im sure they'll get it right eventually. Complaining is the key!

Last Option: If they fail again, threaten them with a call to your lawyer for ridiculous fees, poor quality worksmanship... etc. Perhaps you can get a full refund and take it to a reputable body shop.

I'm having a similar situation myself with just a lip kit. Been 2 weeks and it's in and out of the paint shop for two rushed jobs. In there for a third time now! So I feel ya!
Old 12-04-2005, 05:38 PM
Z BOY

Originally Posted by abui01
I think you should go back there until they get it right. Contact BBB Better Business Bureau and inform them of the situation. After they receive a call from BBB, they should get their act together. Make them promise you they will get it right otherwise they should not charge you for painting the kit. Dont EVER settle for less, especially on a Z or anything of that matter. 2.5k is worth a perfect job, nothing less. When they see your car so many times in the shop, im sure they'll get it right eventually. Complaining is the key!
i disagree. if they have demonstrated their incompetence several times, why would you continue to take your z there?
Old 12-04-2005, 07:44 PM
ZRAYGO

guys,

im gonna tell you like i told someone else who said 'just go get your money back'. Most of the people that have been ripped off (like me) have tried walking back in a place and just doing that. The fact of the matter is that the owner can basically tell you to go and 'f' yourself and that would be the end of it. Now, legally the consumer may have a right to sue, but who has the money and the time to go through all of that bs. I had the same situation with a tuning issue (as some of you may have heard). I did not get what I had asked for. But because I payed him already or he basically had my car hostage....there was nothing that I could do. Yea I could sit there and say, I am not going to pay a dime....but then the owner can just as easily say, well we will just hold on to your car until you do. Its sort o fa catch 22.
Old 12-05-2005, 02:24 PM
SandMan

Default Pics

When I picked up my car it was raining. My car was covered in water and it was very hard to tell what was messed up. I hate bodyshops because they are so sketchy, and yes it is a catch22. You pay or you don't get your car back.

The lip is riddled with lil pinholes everywhere. I don't know what caused these but they are ugly as hell.

The front bumper is lumpy. The rear bumper is lumpier than the front, and not aligned correctly. The sideskirts aren't too bad but they are shades off. And the nostril is just partly raised and the other part is flat. It looks 100x worse in person. A bodykit like this doesn't deserved to be painted with the lack of care the bodyshop has shown.

The bodyshop lied to me saying the rear is not aligned right because they didn't put the brackets on because of the exhaust. But I checked later and there were brackets. How could you screw up something that easy. I mean the bodyshop was used by Performance Motorsport to paint their pro car, and the same guy who painted their car painted mine. They told me he was their best guy. Then why does my paint look like total crap? It's really depressing.
Attached Thumbnails Horrible Bodykit experience-front2.jpg   Horrible Bodykit experience-lip1.jpg   Horrible Bodykit experience-nostril.jpg   Horrible Bodykit experience-rear3.jpg   Horrible Bodykit experience-rear4.jpg  

Old 12-05-2005, 02:31 PM
SandMan

This is what she looks like from the side. She looks amazing from a distance, but when you get close you will notice all the imperfections.
Attached Thumbnails Horrible Bodykit experience-my350zside.jpg  
Old 12-05-2005, 03:29 PM
Z1 Performance
Former Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

are you sure that is a genuine kit?

As for the paint match, I'll say this much - there is no more difficult color to match than silverstone. That being said, they should have known this going in, and warned you.
Old 12-05-2005, 03:36 PM
G352NV

Yeah that looks like a knock off for sure. The kit needs to be glazed before paint. Is the kit stamped INGS on the inside?
Old 12-05-2005, 04:24 PM
SandMan

This is no knock off. There is a sticker on the inside. I bought this from performance motorsport as the ings +1 hybrid aero. They said they got it from Bulletproof Automotive.

Quick Reply: Horrible Bodykit experience