Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

EVO-R front air duct-worse quality EVER

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2006, 04:56 AM
Z1 Performance
Former Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

why bother waiting for a replacement- get a can of matte black spray paint and in 5 minutes you'll be all set
Old 02-06-2006, 01:26 PM
Road Warrior

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JDMZ33
Those lines are fiber, not scratch up. Since this is just for performance, we did not really care about how the exterior trim looks. If you are not ahhpy with the product, we'll be glad to replace it with a painted surface one. On the version I we did painted the surface black. So let me know. Thanks!
i bought a version one, and to be honest the inside is a bit rough. is the inside supposed to be perfectly smooth for optimal air flow? maybe i got one that wasn't finished. let me know what the deal is...cuz i am a little dissappointed with the product. if i can get one that is smooth inside just like the outside i would be a happier customer. thanks
Old 02-06-2006, 03:44 PM
JDMZ33
Vendor - Former Vendor

When we got our first sample piece from Japan is even worse than what we have now in production. Inside there was only shown lot of fibeglass fibers sticking out. So we have cover inside with black coating to smooth the surface more. As long as you don't get any dead angle inside the tube, you will not get any bad air turbulent. Most important this item is functional. - Jay
Old 02-06-2006, 06:53 PM

got your PM. Will have to wait till I get back from TAS.
so are u back from TAS yet? I've been waiting for a month and never even got a pm from u. if u have no intent to replace the product then don't BS your customer okay?

Old 02-06-2006, 07:33 PM
JDMZ33
Vendor - Former Vendor

I thought you were going to spary paint it in black? It is really the same.
Old 02-07-2006, 07:22 AM
Road Warrior

When we got our first sample piece from Japan is even worse than what we have now in production. Inside there was only shown lot of fibeglass fibers sticking out. So we have cover inside with black coating to smooth the surface more. As long as you don't get any dead angle inside the tube, you will not get any bad air turbulent. Most important this item is functional. - Jay

well i have yet to install the item...but why not have a smooth surface on the inside too? also, the coating on mine does not cover all of the inside surface...is the coating supposed to cover 100% of the inside surface? i hope the part is functional..but i think the quality can be improved imo.
Old 02-07-2006, 07:53 PM
illudezion

Originally Posted by manofsteele2003
What's wrong with it? It's made of fiberglass right? That's what fiberglass looks like, just paint it.
+1
Old 02-08-2006, 10:25 PM
MR.OKKKK

do anyone have a pic with the air duct installed?
Old 02-09-2006, 07:18 AM
JDMZ33
Vendor - Former Vendor

Old 02-09-2006, 08:46 AM
97supratt

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Honestly you guys, you paid like under 100 bucks for something that will help bring cold air into your intake. Its made of fiberglass what do you expect? Just paint the damn thing with 2 dollar flat black spray paint and call it a day. If you wanna look perty, get a gloss black for 3 bucks. You got a product that is very functional for a great price, stop *****ing and use it. Please dont bad mouth vendors that try to hook up forum members. No offense but making a thread and bashing their name isnt professional, I would suggest PMing first and dealing with them directly before putting their name down.

Peace
Old 02-09-2006, 09:14 AM
Road Warrior

i am not trying to bash anyone...and my only complaint on my duct is that the coating on the inside only covers about 1/2 of the surface. i don't mind painting mine if thats all they apply after manufacturing.

but imo the product should be finished from the factory...and i have yet to get my question answered in this thread. either avoiding my question or, it was overlooked

you are correct though...i need to pm directly and get my questions answered
Old 02-09-2006, 09:18 AM
koolzero

Do you know if this would fit the C-West front bumper? I want this but I don't want to spend 250 dollars for it!
Old 02-09-2006, 10:24 AM

Originally Posted by 97supratt
Honestly you guys, you paid like under 100 bucks for something that will help bring cold air into your intake. Its made of fiberglass what do you expect? Just paint the damn thing with 2 dollar flat black spray paint and call it a day. If you wanna look perty, get a gloss black for 3 bucks. You got a product that is very functional for a great price, stop *****ing and use it. Please dont bad mouth vendors that try to hook up forum members. No offense but making a thread and bashing their name isnt professional, I would suggest PMing first and dealing with them directly before putting their name down.

Peace
Well, mabye u should read the threads more carefully b4 getting on the keyboard and start typing ****.

I did pm him, and he told me that he would take care of it after he gets back from TAS. I waited a month and didn't even received a single pm form this guy.

The thing is he shouldn't ****ing post pics of a highly finished product (see above) and sell ***** that are not even 1% close.
Old 02-09-2006, 10:31 AM
teh215

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Highly finished? Looks like flat black spray paint to me. Why not just paint it like everyone, including the manufacturer, suggested and move on? It is not like the pic shows something that is chromed and you got an un-chromed part.
Old 02-09-2006, 10:39 AM
97supratt

Originally Posted by 100122923
Well, mabye u should read the threads more carefully b4 getting on the keyboard and start typing ****.

I did pm him, and he told me that he would take care of it after he gets back from TAS. I waited a month and didn't even received a single pm form this guy.

The thing is he shouldn't ****ing post pics of a highly finished product (see above) and sell ***** that are not even 1% close.
Using profanity wont make things better you young child. Secondly you didnt buy a 500 dollar part, you bought a 80 dollar part which you knew was fiberglass. Fiberglass will sometimes look like that and not have a smooth finish. Deal with it just like the rest of the world. There are always slight imperfections with anything you purchase, if I were in your situation I would bring this incident up but also spray paint the damn thing. Its really not a big deal, just get over it dude.
Old 02-09-2006, 10:53 AM
Road Warrior

the dollar value with has nothing to do with it...even though 80 bucks is still no drop in the bucket.

the point is...if you advertise something to be one way and you don't get that same quality than there is a problem

i take it all you guys in defense have never bought a product and been unhappy with your purchase...get over that and move on

just trying to get answers here...is the inside supposed to be coated 100 percent or not?

if you just spray paint then fine...i can do that...just want to know what the manufacturer uses for coating the inside of the tube?

simple questions...yes or no
Old 02-09-2006, 01:54 PM

Originally Posted by teh215
Highly finished? Looks like flat black spray paint to me. Why not just paint it like everyone, including the manufacturer, suggested and move on? It is not like the pic shows something that is chromed and you got an un-chromed part.
well mabye not highly finished but compare to the one that was sent to me, the one shown in the above pics looks pretty damn good to me
Old 02-09-2006, 03:46 PM
97supratt

There is no particular temp or color i'm assuming. Any sort of black color will do just fine. As for any fibers sticking out then I would suggest speaking to them directly instead of a thread. But painting it shouldnt be a big deal, thats all i'm saying.

Peace
Old 02-15-2006, 10:14 AM
Road Warrior

its all good...just passing info to those in the market so that they can make an informed decision. that is what forums are all about....sharing of info. still have not installed mine so no performance data yet...but will post when i do get this part installed
Old 02-15-2006, 10:17 AM
eat rice z33

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i agree, i think they should be of higher quality from what i see. i know i had some fitment issues with there led reflectors, adn decided i didnt want to deal with them anymore. i ended up taking a dremel to it to make it fit better.........

Quick Reply: EVO-R front air duct-worse quality EVER