Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Carbon Fiber Hood

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2003, 08:45 PM
daddy Z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by ares
Im a bit confused how is it that the price went from 800 to 400? you edited your origonal post... the guy just decided to half the price of the hood? sorry if I sound a bit skeptical, but this seems a bit off to me.
I think you and everyone else are having the same problem ..... please reread my original unedited post.

I said we get it for $400 but if one was to buy it directly from Complete then they would be paying more like $800 !

The only edit was we don't have to put up the full $400 to guarentee that price. Complete is only asking me to put up $200 now with the remaining $200 when they ship.

It that clearer ?
Old 01-17-2003, 12:17 AM
jeffrey

If my Z wasn't black, I'd consider it. But imo (outside of durability) a CF hood on a black car is kind of wasted. *shrug*
Old 01-17-2003, 05:17 AM
daddy Z

Originally posted by jeffrey
If my Z wasn't black, I'd consider it. But imo (outside of durability) a CF hood on a black car is kind of wasted. *shrug*
my Z is also super black but a cf hood still looks good

p.s now have 4 who have joined :-) thanks guys
Attached Thumbnails Carbon Fiber Hood-cfhood.jpg  
Old 01-17-2003, 11:57 AM
blackS

...well, unfortunately I decided I wasn't going to mess with the exterior of the car, otherwise I would absolutely jump on this deal. Like daddyZ said, $400 for a CF hood is definately a steal (assuming good quality), especially for a 'higher' priced car like the 350Z (...look at the different in pricing for parts of a honda for example vs an S2000 even when you can tell the ammount of material used is basically the same). If people are looking for relateively cheap, CLEAN (gotta love the clean look) ways to enhance the exterior of the car, then I would say this is the way to go....also, I think CF on a black car looks pimp. DaddyZ, when you get yours in post pics. Also, good to see people already contacting companies and getting parts made for our cars. The more interest companies see in products for ANY car, the more likely they will be to target applications for that vehicle.
Old 01-18-2003, 08:30 AM
daddy Z

Default Update

Just a little clarification. The total price for this OEM model carbon fiber hood is $400 + shipping. This a group buy that I am trying to set up so we all save some money. I am putting up the hood needed to make the mold. If you are interested in being one of the ten (minimum) people going in on this you will need to deposit $200 now and then pay the remainder once the hood is shipped.

I expect that it will take about two months from the time I order the hoods until they are in the USA and ready to ship.

The hoods will be manufactured by completeaerokits.com out of Arlington, Texas in their own plant in China. The quality of their work is as good as anything coming out of japan or usa. The stand behind their product 100%

Retail price on this hood will be around $800 so get it now for 50%.
Old 02-25-2003, 07:59 AM
daddy Z

Default Last Chance

If you are at all interested in getting a cabon fiber hood OEM style then let me know NOW. I am not asking for any money YET just who is interested. Your total cost will be $400 + shipping once the units arrive. So far the only hood I have seen ready for sale is over $1,000