Notices
Exterior & Interior 350Z Body modification, interior styling and lighting

Vertical doors??

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2006 | 08:38 AM
BamBam

Originally Posted by Bubble
you need to buy a new door panel for this. $400 for fiberglass and $800 for CF.
Bubble, I did buy the CF doors from GT-Factory.......
And the quality is S#!t,.....in my opinion of course. It took over 5 hours for one panel to be put in and it still has ridiculous gaps around the window seal and up by the mirror.

Don't get me wrong, the quality of the CF is good, but the mold must be crap as it does not fit right and leaves gaps in a number of places. I am having to use black rubber to fill the gaps in so you can not see down and inside of the door frame......
I will also be using a couple of discreetly hidden screws to hold the door down and in place properly.

PumpedVA probably had the right idea in having his custom fibered.....

Last edited by BamBam; 01-23-2006 at 08:43 AM.
Old 01-23-2006 | 08:41 AM
Bubble
-REPLICA ARMY-
Premier Member

fark...thanks for telling sooo late............hehehehe... damn it. I'll find out later this week.

btw, i think i bought this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Nissa...spagenameZWDVW

Last edited by Bubble; 01-23-2006 at 08:46 AM.
Old 01-23-2006 | 08:42 AM
BamBam

Originally Posted by zsr22
Where did you purchase your kit from? Also, obviously bracketing is different for every car in each kit but I was wondering if the actual shocks were different for each car? (i.e., are the shocks made specifically for the weight of the car door you are using them for?)
Zsr22,

I bought mine through Chaser Aero and had them installed by a shop they recommended in the Maryland area. I do not think they use different shocks for different cars within the same kit, but you would have to ask the dealers/manufactures that question.
Old 01-23-2006 | 08:46 AM
BamBam

Originally Posted by Bubble
fark...thanks for telling sooo late............hehehehe... damn it. I'll find out later this week.
Hey man, hopefully I just a bad set from a bad mold. But if yours do fit much better then mine, let me know so I can start YELLING at GT-Factory.
This is not a good way for them to advertise their products at shows and if this is not their normal quality, I would hope to get another replacement set more worthy of their good name.
Otherwise I will have not choice but to tell the truth of my displeasure to others.
--B
Old 01-23-2006 | 08:55 AM
Bubble
-REPLICA ARMY-
Premier Member

actually, i bought if from Slay_Z from Mike show car. I assume it should be fine. Cross my finger.
Old 01-23-2006 | 08:58 AM
PumpedVA

Originally Posted by BamBam
Hey man, hopefully I just a bad set from a bad mold. But if yours do fit much better then mine, let me know so I can start YELLING at GT-Factory.
This is not a good way for them to advertise their products at shows and if this is not their normal quality, I would hope to get another replacement set more worthy of their good name.
Otherwise I will have not choice but to tell the truth of my displeasure to others.
--B
Bad set bad mold! yea right keep dreaming LOL they all suck

Brent when they start molding my new panals I will ask how much to make a extra set if you want? but i am molding all of my door not just the top half. they will still be two pices because I wanted them painted blue on top and black on the bottom so I needed to keep that seam to make the paint look right.
Old 01-23-2006 | 10:38 AM
BamBam

Originally Posted by PumpedVA
Bad set bad mold! yea right keep dreaming LOL they all suck

Brent when they start molding my new panals I will ask how much to make a extra set if you want? but i am molding all of my door not just the top half. they will still be two pices because I wanted them painted blue on top and black on the bottom so I needed to keep that seam to make the paint look right.
Toby,
Well, I will know Wednesday when they should have the car finished (I hope, fingers crossed.... ) I think your doors are going to be awesome man. Keeping with the original line of the doors is the right way to go.

Bubble, I would think Sly-Z would have given you any tips on install if there was a problem. Sounds like it will work fine for you. Good Luck.
Old 01-23-2006 | 12:13 PM
GQ 350z

Toby, want to sell me your old panels?
Old 01-23-2006 | 12:47 PM
PumpedVA

Originally Posted by GQ 350z

I "gave" those away months ago bro sorry. Wish I still had them would have made it easyer to fiberglass new ones rather than use the ones I have now
Old 01-23-2006 | 01:16 PM
Bubble
-REPLICA ARMY-
Premier Member

Originally Posted by GQ 350z
want to buy my frost? i'll put in my CF soon.
Old 01-24-2006 | 10:28 AM
BamBam

Dude, all I can say is I want to find an employee of GT Factory and hurt him at this point..... 4 days and counting trying to get 1 panel to install correctly.

Bubble good luck with yours. I guess Mike already made any mods to the panel necessary to mount.

Pumped: It is looking like I might want to 'buy' into your custom panels. This has GOT to get finished this week or I am just going to get my car and the hell with the panels.
Old 01-24-2006 | 10:49 AM
Bubble
-REPLICA ARMY-
Premier Member

BamBam, have any pix of your car?
Old 01-24-2006 | 11:03 AM
BamBam

In what state? Yea got pics, normal ones and gutted ones... and ones depicting the areas you need to cut in order to get the doors on. But I was SOOOO mad the other day that I did not get any pics of the new interior, or of the doors mounted and up, nor any of the new stereo or monitors. I expect to have some of these sent to me in a day or so.
Old 01-24-2006 | 02:00 PM
BamBam

Some old (4 months) pics of my car at AAM. It is the customer car on the main page, scroll down the page to see all of the various interior/engine/exterior/underbody pics if you want. This is pre body kit, interior work, doors, graphics and engine dress-up.

http://www.alteredatmosphere.com/customers.asp

So, I am working on new pics but not until the weekend I think, when I get my car back (if I get it back that is)
--B
Old 02-15-2006 | 08:16 PM
kapoosh1

Default Extreme Dimensions..

has anyone heard of the extreme dimensions vertical door kit? are they any good or are they some cheap company?
Old 02-16-2006 | 01:41 AM
Zincognito

What do you guys think of Lambo doors on a STOCK Jetta??

G
Old 02-16-2006 | 01:45 AM
Zincognito

Reason why i am asking is because my co-worker thinks im jealous that he has lambo doors on a sedan. F**** me but i think its gay! Comments Welcomed!!

G
Old 02-16-2006 | 09:42 AM
kapoosh1

i agree it is very dumb! but i have seen some sedans with lambos on the fronts and suicides on the back! it looked alright!

but has anyone heard of the company Extreme Dimensions for Vertical doors?
Old 02-16-2006 | 10:03 AM
BamBam

For anyone interested. Here are some pics from AAM's website:

http://www.alteredatmosphere.com/cus.../c-brent-350z/

Let me know what you think about the doors, I already know people don't necessarily like the graphics...

-B
Old 02-17-2006 | 12:47 AM
Chad68

This has always been my question about the whole Lambo door on a non Lambo car rice debate...

If a Lambo had a conversion so it's doors opened like a Z's doors, would the Lambo be riced out?

Quick Reply: Vertical doors??