Sponsored by:

Veilside V1 (FRP) Fitment quality

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2006, 09:45 PM
Armitage
350Z-holic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Gruppe-S
I have a FRP that I am trying to get rid of for cheap. Please let me know if you are interested.

Thanks,
Andy/Tom
PM me with details/price/etc.
Old 02-13-2006, 11:10 PM
Fab_vr6

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Tortuga
Damn I really want the V1 urethane lip. I called around and couldn't find but one through a vendor and it was already spoken for. I was told that the molds for this lip are being sent over to the U.S. and will be produced here. ??? something to that affect. They won't be available again til a few more months. Anyone hear the same??
I've talked to Intense Motorsports and they told me the same. I guess I'll just go with the FRP for now, until it breaks then it's about time the Urethane ones available again
Old 02-14-2006, 04:43 AM
Z1 Performance
Former Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

we've got 2 (urethane, as we don't sell the FRP one) said to be arriving on or about the 21-23
Old 02-14-2006, 06:34 AM
Fab_vr6

Originally Posted by Z1 Performance
we've got 2 (urethane, as we don't sell the FRP one) said to be arriving on or about the 21-23
I am taking one. I am going to call you today to make the purchase. Thanks!!
Old 02-14-2006, 07:27 AM
Tortuga

PM sent Z1 Performance, I would like to purchase one as well.
Old 02-14-2006, 07:47 AM
KenWH

I've got the carbon fiber version of the v-1. It has the raised "VeilSide". It drops down about 1/2" or so lower than the stock bumper. With the Hotchkis springs I've rubbed it twice while entering parking lots with uber- steep inclines. I've got some pretty good scrape marks in the clear coat on the bottom of the lip but luckily they can't be seen unless your looking under the car.

I lower just about all my vehicles so I'm used to the odd approach angles you have to take when approaching things when lowered but sometimes a scrape is un-avoidable. I would definitely suggest not using fiberglass for a front lip as they are too fragile imo. I've seen too many nice cars with busted bumpers and lips to risk using one myself. I guess one good thing about fiberglass...it can be repaired or customized much more easily than urethane.

Heck there's some parking lots here with such steep inclines that the angle I take to clear the lip ends me up with one rear tire off the ground. On a side note, I have to say the Z is a pretty solid car as I don't here it creak or pop when one tire is in the air.
Old 02-14-2006, 09:29 AM
Z1 Performance
Former Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

we're not going to take any orders till they are in front of us. When they are in, we'll make a post in the vendor classifieds

thanks
Old 02-14-2006, 09:57 AM
swifty949

Originally Posted by KenWH
I've got the carbon fiber version of the v-1. It has the raised "VeilSide". It drops down about 1/2" or so lower than the stock bumper. With the Hotchkis springs I've rubbed it twice while entering parking lots with uber- steep inclines. I've got some pretty good scrape marks in the clear coat on the bottom of the lip but luckily they can't be seen unless your looking under the car.

I lower just about all my vehicles so I'm used to the odd approach angles you have to take when approaching things when lowered but sometimes a scrape is un-avoidable. I would definitely suggest not using fiberglass for a front lip as they are too fragile imo. I've seen too many nice cars with busted bumpers and lips to risk using one myself. I guess one good thing about fiberglass...it can be repaired or customized much more easily than urethane.

Heck there's some parking lots here with such steep inclines that the angle I take to clear the lip ends me up with one rear tire off the ground. On a side note, I have to say the Z is a pretty solid car as I don't here it creak or pop when one tire is in the air.
Actually it's how you percieve it. The FRP one doesnt have that clear coat that can crack off like the CF one. So all have positives and negatives.
Old 02-14-2006, 01:24 PM
KenWH

The lip area of a car takes alot of abuse...just about anything will take a beating down there. I bought my car used and it came with the factory aero kit and the little plastic lip in kit was chewed up pretty good at only 6000 miles. I took it off to install the CF lip.

Like I said, the clear resin on my cf lip is scratched pretty good on the bottom but I've not seen any cracks. It actually has a decent amount of flex in the lip other than the scratches...appears to take impacts well also.

The main drawback to cf parts I've found is they can't be "trimmed" to fit absolutely perfect so you better have a good fitting part from the start.
So yes...all materal choices have a trade off.
Old 02-14-2006, 04:10 PM
bobS

I have the urethane, i've only scraped it once and it was just a tiny bit on the bottome. I love the lip and it fits great. I heard they stopped producing the carbon fiber version. I had a fiberglass kit on my bmw and it cracked, don't get fiberglass if you can help it.

Last edited by bobS; 02-14-2006 at 04:12 PM.
Old 02-15-2006, 01:29 AM
35oZephyR

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That looks great bobS

I've been thinking of changing kits but I love the v1 so much I might just re-shave my oem bumper and repaint. It looks so classy and simple.
Old 02-15-2006, 06:33 AM
angelz

does anyone know if the veilside v1 side underwings have that raised veilside logo?
Old 02-15-2006, 06:55 AM
kbomb

So is FRP = fiberglass or fiberglass+plastic
Old 02-15-2006, 09:06 AM
MustGoFastR

Originally Posted by angelz
does anyone know if the veilside v1 side underwings have that raised veilside logo?
They have a raised logo, but it isn't visible when they are mounted on the car (I think it's actually on the INSIDE). The rear skirt also has a raised logo at center that can be seen by looking underneath just above the exhaust.
Old 02-15-2006, 09:33 AM
nissansource

Originally Posted by Armitage
I just wet myself.

Sorry to get offtopic but i am really feeling that wing. is there anymore pics of this wing and who makes it? i would like to see more of this car
Old 02-15-2006, 01:37 PM
bobS

Originally Posted by 35oZephyR
That looks great bobS

I've been thinking of changing kits but I love the v1 so much I might just re-shave my oem bumper and repaint. It looks so classy and simple.
I love the shaved look. A lot of people that are both into cars and not in the scene think i put a whole new bumper on. The shaved look is real badaZZ looking when driving down the highway.
Old 08-28-2006, 05:00 PM
palepony

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

reviving old thread

my bodyshop (best around town), is having tremendous difficulty fitting my authentic urethane V1 lip. If you put on one side the other is about 1inch off.

Any tips to get this sucker on?

pp
Old 08-28-2006, 05:29 PM
MustGoFastR

It's very tight. I think I fit the center first, then the sides from the bottom. If absolitely neccesary, you can remove the bumper to more easily flex both the lip and bumper to fit together tight.
Old 08-28-2006, 07:26 PM
UC Da Z

It's $350 for a urethane V1 front lip from http://www.intensepower.com/aeex.html.
I would rather pay $50 more and get an urethane aerosync N-Style front bumper.
http://www.gruppe-s.com/350z/zext.htm