Sponsored by:

Greddy Sides

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2006, 07:55 AM
HotImportGirl
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Greddy Sides

Does anyone have these installed without the remaining kit? I think I may wanna just swap my stock ones for them but Im afraid itll look weird if theyre much lower. I know the mudd flaps are a little lower than the rear bumper so maybe itll look ok?
Old 03-14-2006, 09:17 AM
B-Unit

theyll look wierd, trust me.
Old 03-14-2006, 01:45 PM
CC 350Z

Originally Posted by B-Unit
theyll look weird, trust me.
+1
The Greddy sides are wider than OEM sides and will throw off the lines of the car without front and rear pieces to compliment them.
Old 03-14-2006, 01:50 PM
BamBam

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I agree with the other guys. I have the Greddy sides with my Vizage front/rear and they are noticibly lower and a bit wider then the stock sides. Without an aftermarket front/rear it does not look right. IMHO anyway...

Biker: Did you ever get the issue with your amazing breaking window resolved? Was it the installers fault or the ex..?
Old 03-14-2006, 02:03 PM
NzZ

I've actually seen it...there's a guy here in Houston with it...definitely not my favorite. I think you need a lip and something at the rear to balance them out. They are very sexy sideskirts though.

NzZ
Old 03-14-2006, 02:05 PM
HotImportGirl
Banned

Originally Posted by BamBam
I agree with the other guys. I have the Greddy sides with my Vizage front/rear and they are noticibly lower and a bit wider then the stock sides. Without an aftermarket front/rear it does not look right. IMHO anyway...

Biker: Did you ever get the issue with your amazing breaking window resolved? Was it the installers fault or the ex..?
It was worth a shot to see if they would work......

Well the person who broke the window was a guy I was seeing for only like 2 weeks and was over a year ago!!! But then the new window turned out to be defective so the second I turned on the defroster it began to shatter. In fact, Im still unhappy with the install, the rubber lining around the window popped out..
Old 03-14-2006, 02:09 PM
BamBam

Well, at least it was not a stalker. And I think I recall the installer replacing it for free right..? So, it still sucked, but not as bad as thought.
Sorry about the side skirts.... maybe this is a good reason to get a front/rear setup also. That is what happened to me. I got the sides and knew I needed a front, then realized I needed a rear to match... Now I just need to find a suitable wing I like...

Good luck.
--B
Old 03-14-2006, 02:15 PM
HotImportGirl
Banned

Well, at least it was not a stalker. And I think I recall the installer replacing it for free right..? So, it still sucked, but not as bad as thought.
Sorry about the side skirts.... maybe this is a good reason to get a front/rear setup also. That is what happened to me. I got the sides and knew I needed a front, then realized I needed a rear to match... Now I just need to find a suitable wing I like...

Good luck.
--B
Im hesitant for a whole kit because I drive like an animal... if I got a full kit, Id need to be super careful.... F* that
Old 03-14-2006, 02:18 PM
ClaytonC01

get a full kit.. why the hell not?!
Old 03-14-2006, 02:24 PM
DIGItonium

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's not that bad at all. I haven't heard anyone complaining about this look. I plan on getting a lip, but never got around to doing so. PM me for larger pictures.

Old 03-14-2006, 02:27 PM
HotImportGirl
Banned

Hmmmm..... it does look a tad off.... not too bad but i have OCD... it would need to be 100% lined up.
Old 03-14-2006, 02:33 PM
BamBam

Originally Posted by BikerChickSI
Im hesitant for a whole kit because I drive like an animal... if I got a full kit, Id need to be super careful.... F* that
My kind of lady... RIDE her till she knows she's been used, then take her home and pamper her.. (I am talking about the car before anyone jumps on this...) I like to ride mine hard whenver the chance permits, but I try to take good care & maintenance of my baby..

Last edited by BamBam; 03-14-2006 at 02:41 PM. Reason: I do not condone beating... ;)
Old 03-14-2006, 02:35 PM
HotImportGirl
Banned

My kind of lady... beat her till she knows she's been used, then take her home and pamper her.. (I am talking about the car before anyone jumps on this...) I like to ride mine hard whenver the chance permits, but I try to take good care & maintenance of my baby..
Oh...well....hmmmm...
Old 03-14-2006, 02:50 PM
DIGItonium

My kind of lady... RIDE her till she knows she's been used, then take her home and pamper her.. (I am talking about the car before anyone jumps on this...) I like to ride mine hard whenver the chance permits, but I try to take good care & maintenance of my baby..
Yea, on Sunday I accidentally shifted from 3rd to 2nd. The needle bounced past 8k for about 1 second as the car shook. Gosh, that was scary!

BTW, the look isn't that bad... seriously! My car still turns heads everywhere I go. I wanted to get a CF lip and add a Vertex bumper, but I decided to focus more on saving up for a house and worry about the car later.

Last edited by DIGItonium; 03-14-2006 at 02:53 PM.
Old 03-14-2006, 02:57 PM
BamBam

Originally Posted by djtonium
Yea, on Sunday I accidentally shifted from 3rd to 2nd. The needle bounced past 8k for about 1 second as the car shook. Gosh, that was scary!

BTW, the look isn't that bad... seriously! My car still turns heads everywhere I go. I wanted to get a CF lip and add a Vertex bumper, but I decided to focus more on saving up for a house and worry about the car later.
Hey gotta give you cred, you have your priorities straight. Much better to spend your money on a house then putting it in a car.. Can't fault that. I am still at work so can't see your pics. But if you like it, that is all that matters.
Old 03-14-2006, 03:00 PM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Dont do it, the car looks weird, the front and rear is all high compared to the sides. Id laugh if I saw a Z like this
Old 03-14-2006, 03:23 PM
DIGItonium

Yup... the wheels were the biggest investment, and I'm happy it was more than enough to keep my car looking different here. The most recent change was with the interior lighting of my car. I've always hated amber and wanted my gauges to have the blackout look. The investment is small, but the labor was a pain. Other than that, I'm good to go for now :-)

Someone requested pictures, so here's the link:
http://members.***.net/xdjtoniumx/img/350z.htm (sides)
http://members.***.net/xdjtoniumx/img/index.htm (interior)
Old 03-14-2006, 04:04 PM
B-Unit

bikerchick just buy the sides and a front lip, you dont need the rear.
Old 03-14-2006, 05:22 PM
manny007

Not the best pic but it's all I can find