Notices
Exterior & Interior 350Z Body modification, interior styling and lighting
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just bought an INGS spoiler replica from ebay.

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2006, 06:40 AM
maxpowers

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by st350z
did you see his discription "Taylor made for Honda 350Z 00-05"
I hope it fits ok...
Old 03-20-2006, 09:53 AM
TeCKNeiC

So you guys are cool with buying knockoff body kits for your Z's. Everywhere I have heard from that is a big no-no. Since they usually don't fit and they break easily. I have subscribed to this thread to see how your kit turns out. Best of luck!
Old 03-20-2006, 10:01 AM
maximumsportZ

Did anyone catch this?

Product Description :
~ Taylor made for Honda 350Z 00-05
~ 5-Layer High Quality Fibreglass
~ IN'S Style

Old 03-22-2006, 07:20 PM
Bubble
-REPLICA ARMY-

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TeCKNeiC
So you guys are cool with buying knockoff body kits for your Z's. Everywhere I have heard from that is a big no-no. Since they usually don't fit and they break easily. I have subscribed to this thread to see how your kit turns out. Best of luck!
that just a myth for a long time.
Old 03-22-2006, 11:18 PM
TeCKNeiC

So you guys actually buy those fiberglass kits of eBay. I think I'm getting set up for failure...
Old 03-22-2006, 11:31 PM
Bubble
-REPLICA ARMY-

Originally Posted by TeCKNeiC
So you guys actually buy those fiberglass kits of eBay. I think I'm getting set up for failure...
why not? cheap. Fit good. Here is one of the kit we bought for only $149 off ebay.

http://www.zmodified.com/gallery/thu....php?album=677
Old 03-23-2006, 07:43 AM
TeCKNeiC

Originally Posted by Bubble
why not? cheap. Fit good. Here is one of the kit we bought for only $149 off ebay.

http://www.zmodified.com/gallery/thu....php?album=677
That Ings knockoff is polyurethane though is it not. A local tuner shop wanted to sell me the front bumper for 200 dollars. I wanted to buy a whole body kit when the time came.
Old 03-23-2006, 09:28 AM
Bubble
-REPLICA ARMY-

wake up.. if you drive suck then regardless of polyurethane/fiberglass, you still f-up your kit. Geez..
Old 03-26-2006, 09:17 PM
illudezion

any updates on the spoiler????
Old 04-07-2006, 04:59 PM
illudezion

updates?
Old 04-20-2006, 09:45 PM
illudezion

just wanted to know if anyone else has had any experience with this spoiler
Old 04-20-2006, 10:07 PM
Nexx

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

its in, had it for about a week now. its damn hard to find time to take it into the a bodyshop. its still in the original packaging. hopefully either on friday or first part of next week i will take it in. i will give you guys a final update then.
Old 04-22-2006, 07:28 AM
slackjaw

subscribing
Old 04-22-2006, 02:52 PM
ShineAutoProject
Sponsor
Shine Auto Project

ask where the part is manufactured before you buy. If the part seems too cheap, its prob manufactured overseas......

the fact that the seller posted the spoiler is 5 layers of fiberglass shows that he doesnt know a damn thing about fiberglass.
Old 04-22-2006, 03:13 PM
rmesola

just coz it's made overseas don't mean it's bad... JDM is made overseas... what you talking about...

labor in ASIA is crazy cheap.... and materials are cheaper too....

it costs more to ship that thing here than to make it... and since labor is cheap it actually costs cheaper to hand lay it than spray it...

so don't go around putting down cheap parts.... just coz it's cheap, go around and ask from people who've bought it about quality and fitment.... there are bad ones... but there are also good ones...

do you think it cost ING 500 dollars to make your spoiler? no, it cost them the same as it did the knock-off company (plus research costs)...

you're paying for the brand...

let's go to designer shirts... POLO, TOMMY, and GUESS, etc all make their shirts in ASIA for less than a dollar a piece, they sell it for 30 dollars... doesn't make it any better than the other shirts the same company makes for non-famous brands.... that sell for 10 dollars each...

welcome to globalization....

at the end of the day, you know you have an authentic item and that should be enough....

I do to my Z what I want to make me happy... I don't care what others think... if I like it, I'm doing it...

My 2 cents... sorry about the long post... but I just can't understand why people pay overpriced for JDM parts that actually sell in Japan for less than half the price it does here... and the sooner people stop tolerating these high profits, the sooner prices come down for authentic ones... (that or they stop making it)

Last edited by rmesola; 04-22-2006 at 03:18 PM.
Old 04-22-2006, 03:36 PM
jmcmorante

Here you go Bubble, the links you akses for! Also the web addys are:
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a3/...e/101_0497.jpg
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a3/...e/103_0729.jpg

Old 04-22-2006, 04:14 PM
ShineAutoProject
Sponsor
Shine Auto Project

Originally Posted by rmesola
just coz it's made overseas don't mean it's bad... JDM is made overseas... what you talking about...

labor in ASIA is crazy cheap.... and materials are cheaper too....

it costs more to ship that thing here than to make it... and since labor is cheap it actually costs cheaper to hand lay it than spray it...

so don't go around putting down cheap parts.... just coz it's cheap, go around and ask from people who've bought it about quality and fitment.... there are bad ones... but there are also good ones...

do you think it cost ING 500 dollars to make your spoiler? no, it cost them the same as it did the knock-off company (plus research costs)...

you're paying for the brand...

let's go to designer shirts... POLO, TOMMY, and GUESS, etc all make their shirts in ASIA for less than a dollar a piece, they sell it for 30 dollars... doesn't make it any better than the other shirts the same company makes for non-famous brands.... that sell for 10 dollars each...

welcome to globalization....

at the end of the day, you know you have an authentic item and that should be enough....

I do to my Z what I want to make me happy... I don't care what others think... if I like it, I'm doing it...

My 2 cents... sorry about the long post... but I just can't understand why people pay overpriced for JDM parts that actually sell in Japan for less than half the price it does here... and the sooner people stop tolerating these high profits, the sooner prices come down for authentic ones... (that or they stop making it)

I know Japan is overseas. I was more referring to overseas countries that are known for poor quality FRP aero parts such as China, phillipines, and indonesia.

I own a body kit manufacturing company so I know what cost what.

Japanese companies that manufacture their parts in Japan have a higher Cost of Goods Sold (COGS) because material, labor, and overhead is more expensive than in China. However, the skill of the laborer and quality of the raw materials used in Japan is higher than China's.

I recently wrote an essay regarding this and if you would like to read, go ahead and do so.

https://my350z.com/forum/exterior-and-interior/185758-real-vs-replica-round.html

When it comes to the garment industry...China has skillz. When it comes to body kits.....they suck ***. Otherwise, we would be manufacturing in China. Until then, our stuff will be made here in the U.S

You are right about some parts being good and some being bad. But I was pointing out that if you're buying from a seller who doesn't know what he's talking about ( HONDA 350z.......common........ 5 layer fiberglass........caawwwmon) and the stuff is manufactured in China or so, then you're taking a risk. In business, if your products are good, why would you price it cheap? regardless of where is was made. Pricing points are determined from the perceived value of the product, not it's cost.
Old 04-22-2006, 09:01 PM
rmesola

I totally agree with what you said, but that being said, I would not rule out a product simply based on it's price... if somebody bought it and it looked good/fitment decent... then it's not necessarily junk....

you hit it right on the nail.... it's all about perceived value.... actual costs of production on average is a small percentage... retail markup and marketing is where the money is...

problem with perceived value is people who have no idea about overseas economics actually think it costs 2000 dollars to make an authentic full body kit... even in Japan where labor costs are higher, it's nowhere near that number...

and these people who think the 2grand they spent is worth 2grand, cause the market to keep increasing their prices because guess what.... the buyer wants the most expensive one around so that nobody else can afford it... only to find out that somebody's making a copy for 500 a set...

When it comes to body kit, I agree with your statement, Japan's QC is better... but a spoiler is not that much work.. it's not too hard to do it right...
Old 04-24-2006, 05:05 PM
voodoo

update on the fitment?

even i simple test fit result is good to hear.

Thx!!!
Old 04-24-2006, 07:31 PM
bbhiznors

I bought this exact same spoiler..bad *** price but when i recieved it, it had a big *** chip in the corner of the spoiler no biggie though...still looked good ...well i took it to the body shop to have it put on they told me that they had serious problems tryin to get it to fit...and had to grind down the underbelly of it to get it to fit...it looks good before u put it on but it doesnt fallow the lines of the z exactly on the underside and w/ that spoiler its a must...well 700 dollars later (including painting the bumper and hatch to fit) im all set...wish i would have payed for the real deal now ...and its still not completly flush...

Last edited by bbhiznors; 04-24-2006 at 07:35 PM.

Quick Reply: Just bought an INGS spoiler replica from ebay.