Sponsored by:

Aftermarket Shift Knobs

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2006, 04:19 PM
GTNPU Z
VERTEX Army CEO

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by UrbanTacticZ

When is the next meet anyways? I know theres all these little ones going on, but when is the next real one?
Well, the next big one that I know of is in May. It's a BBQ held in Fremont. I know there are some others but I'm not sure if I'll be attending those.
Old 04-06-2006, 06:06 PM
UrbanTacticZ

Originally Posted by mc350z
IMO this is the hands down best **** for the 350z .

nismo titanium GT

Can you explain? Why is it good? Moreover, better than stock?

Also how do you handle a titanium **** during the summertime? That's insane
Old 04-06-2006, 06:42 PM
1 2 NV

Originally Posted by Clapton9286
I don't really dig heavier ones..I dont know. I also get freaked out about unneeded stress on the tranny..i mean really, considering the quality of our trannies, do we really need anymore stress on them?!

I hope you dont think a hevier shift **** is going to cause more stress.
Old 04-06-2006, 06:52 PM
z350boy
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have the NISMO black shifter. It looks wicked im my UY 6mt with the body color shift boot.
Old 04-06-2006, 07:08 PM
nbdyfcnsqnc
350Z-holic

I like the big round ones, but I hate the way they look.
Old 04-06-2006, 09:29 PM
UrbanTacticZ

yeah the GT **** is ALOT shorter so you can just sort of flick it in gear with the palm oy your hand so it feels quicker. and if you get used to that style of quick shifting it "feels" quicker.

basically its size is its advantage i just feels very comfortable.

IMO the stock **** is too fat and ball like at the top. to me this one is just easier to grab and do fast shifts with

i have had 4 different nismo ***** including the regular "taller" titanium and the CF nismo *****. both were cool but i like this shorter style compared to the longer thin style.

but to be honest the main reason i like it so much is it matches my frost interior so well. so i would say the benifit is about 70% cosmetic 30% performance. it all comes down to personal preference.

as for the heat factor, i dont drive the car everyday and i dont leave it outside for long when i do but yes it does get hot and actually cold in the winter time.

Thanks for the awesome review. I think if I do buy an aftmarket ****, I will buy this one!

I do not really like the ball type of ***** as well like the OEM one and other aftermarkets. I want something that I can easily grab and flick around and the Nismo one you have sounds perfect!
Old 04-06-2006, 09:31 PM
UrbanTacticZ

+1

yeah they actually make "weighted" aftermarket ***** to make the throws feel smoother. so weight for sure not wouldnt be an issue. unless you know someone who makes like a 10lb shift **** out of iron
Hahaha tell me about it! Thinking that counterweighted ***** cause additional stress is stupid. If that was the case, leaving your hand on the **** while driving would cause more stress on the tranny.

And for you other people who havn't looked up the numbers yet (yes, I did do some research as well as consult the forums ) we are talking about weight in grams when it comes to *****
Old 04-07-2006, 12:42 AM
UrbanTacticZ

its pretty expensive though $140 when you can buy the runner one for $45
What is "the runner one?"

Well I buy at wholesale price through my business anyways so hopefully my cost isn't that much for Nismo =)

It sucks though because my Nismo discount isn't that great
Old 04-07-2006, 12:52 AM
Chad68

What is everyone's oppinion on this topic? Is there a practical use to aftermarket shift ***** or are they simply a cosmetic piece?

Do differant types of ***** actually benefit in racing situations IE road racing?

What's the "best" **** out there for this kind of driving?

I hate the stock ****. No matter how I grab it, it feels like it is not aligned with any part of my hand. Always feels likes it's on crooked. I bought a B&M pistol type ****, similar in shape to some of the Nismo's. I have found that it is too small overall and I'm looking at getting a round door **** style Voodoo **** or a Momo **** with the boot that screws directly to the bottom of the Momo ****, for a nice clean seemless fit.

I temporarly had a 2" round **** on the Z and loved the look and the feel was way better than stock or the B&M ****, so I'm sold on a 2" round **** preferably with a little weight behind it.
Old 04-07-2006, 12:53 AM
UrbanTacticZ

No differance between rubber and TI **** right? Just cosmetic appearance?
Old 04-07-2006, 01:02 AM
UrbanTacticZ

And do you have any links for the rubber ****? I found one for $55.00 and I have a wholesale account with Perf. Nissan but their site is down right now so I can't check prices =(
Old 04-07-2006, 01:04 AM
UrbanTacticZ

Originally Posted by Chad68
I hate the stock ****. No matter how I grab it, it feels like it is not aligned with any part of my hand. Always feels likes it's on crooked. I bought a B&M pistol type ****, similar in shape to some of the Nismo's. I have found that it is too small overall and I'm looking at getting a round door **** style Voodoo **** or a Momo **** with the boot that screws directly to the bottom of the Momo ****, for a nice clean seemless fit.

I temporarly had a 2" round **** on the Z and loved the look and the feel was way better than stock or the B&M ****, so I'm sold on a 2" round **** preferably with a little weight behind it.
I agree with you on the feeling that the **** feels misaligned and crooked.

Do you have any pictures of the round **** you are using now in the car?
Old 04-07-2006, 01:31 AM
Chad68

I agree with you on the feeling that the **** feels misaligned and crooked.

Do you have any pictures of the round **** you are using now in the car?

No pics. It was a knock off of a Momo **** though. The one with lots of small holes (about 30 holes) on the top half. I'm still using my B&M **** now. I bought the all metal **** from Pep Boys and it actually wasn't too bad size wise and stuff but it had a cheap mounting setup and too many individual pieces to come loose and I returned it but I did use it long enough to know I really like the feel of a round 2" ****.

Wow, that sounds really dirty? Kind of tuff to talk about the feel of a **** and not sound perverted
Old 04-07-2006, 01:45 AM
UrbanTacticZ

Originally Posted by Chad68
No pics. It was a knock off of a Momo **** though. The one with lots of small holes (about 30 holes) on the top half. I'm still using my B&M **** now. I bought the all metal **** from Pep Boys and it actually wasn't too bad size wise and stuff but it had a cheap mounting setup and too many individual pieces to come loose and I returned it but I did use it long enough to know I really like the feel of a round 2" ****.

Wow, that sounds really dirty? Kind of tuff to talk about the feel of a **** and not sound perverted
Hahahah

Quick Reply: Aftermarket Shift Knobs