Exterior & Interior 350Z Body modification, interior styling and lighting
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone cut out the front side markers?

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2006, 04:04 PM
KTaylor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone cut out the front side markers?

Has anyone ever cut out the front side markers to insert air ducts there? I am about to install an oil cooler and power steering cooler on each side behind the front bumper and wanted to cut these out and put an air duct in its place with some sort of mesh in front to match the grille, and then seperate the air coming in to get half going to each one of thes units and the other half to the front breaks. has anyone done this or know how it will work on the track and or look? thanks for any help and if you have pics that would be awesome.
Old 04-10-2006, 04:06 PM
GTNPU Z
VERTEX Army CEO

I'm pretty sure you can but with all that work, you're probably better off buying an aftermarket bumper that already has vents IMO.
Old 04-10-2006, 04:34 PM
Strife350z

also, once you remove the sidemarker on the passenger side, you'll be greeted by a big, ugly, opaque windshield washer fluid resevoir

why nissan engineers put the darn thing way up at the front is a mystery to me... not only does it increase weight at the further, front-most part of the car, it also increases the amount of work for our washer-fluid pumps (albeit just a little)
Old 04-10-2006, 04:36 PM
MurphysZ

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you are talking about the refelectors in the front bumper, you don't "cut" them out. You take off the bumper cover and remove them. It pretty easy, something like 10, 10mm bolts under the car 6 pop out pins under the hood and 2 other 10 mm bolts that you get to by pulling back the wheel well.
Old 04-10-2006, 04:56 PM
KTaylor

Originally Posted by Strife350z
also, once you remove the sidemarker on the passenger side, you'll be greeted by a big, ugly, opaque windshield washer fluid resevoir

why nissan engineers put the darn thing way up at the front is a mystery to me... not only does it increase weight at the further, front-most part of the car, it also increases the amount of work for our washer-fluid pumps (albeit just a little)

i will be removing this to make room for the oil cooler.
Old 04-10-2006, 04:59 PM
KTaylor

Originally Posted by MurphysZ
If you are talking about the refelectors in the front bumper, you don't "cut" them out. You take off the bumper cover and remove them. It pretty easy, something like 10, 10mm bolts under the car 6 pop out pins under the hood and 2 other 10 mm bolts that you get to by pulling back the wheel well.

yea i would remove those but also cut out the area around them that indents to get more air.
Old 04-11-2006, 07:38 AM
ares
Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

if you can make it look good, there is nothing stopping you. Id be a little worried about getting a smooth edge, but not like its impossible.

there was a member that removed the reflectors and put black grating in its place; looked nice.

Im not sure how effective it would be as a air scoop though, its angled almost perpendicular with the wind flow. I suppose if you cut in the right area it would work, but then you end up with 2 big cutout holes unless you get into fiberglassing some inner walls to finish it off or something...