Nismo-Style Body Kit

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2003, 07:13 PM
Chebosto
350Z-holic
Premier Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

that looks great!

im getting my kit painted next week! woot!

i'm going to be filling in the nismo logo as well. but i might put in the intake scoop vent in the front.

thats great picts more more!

Originally posted by johnlotusboy
Here's a picture of mine from E-bay with mods.
I will install the rest of the kit in the morning.
Old 02-12-2003, 12:27 AM
z461

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I bet the people who bought the real kit aren't so happy. There's gonna be a ton of these "nismo" kitted Z's driving around now, that's a WONDERFUL price for the kit.. Looks great too.
Old 02-12-2003, 03:53 AM
SKiDaZZLe
Charter Member #34

Originally posted by Chebosto

do you have an xtra 2000$ to toss into a name? Two Grand is:
a Tien Coilover set with EDFC, Two Grand is: full exhaust system. Two Grand is a set of 19 inch rims. Thank god for this kit, else it would take me forever to get another mod.

Besides. more kits on the market allow "healthy" competition that will be better for the consumer like you and me. then everyone wil realize, maybe i'm not selling alot of kit because its the price that is getting the better of us.

do you really think the TRD/NIsmo body kits are worth the extra money?
haha...

i got the teins with edfc, i got 19" rims (which were 2500, not 2000). the list goes on and on... and, i dont have a source for a full exhaust system yet, but i have $2k laying around just for that also!!

i guess i can give you some credit for not putting on the kit unpainted... but why buy it now if you cant paint it? you could still be getting interest on that money you spent. believe me... since this kit is just a way for someone to make an ungodly amount of profit (at nismo's expense)... there will be no "shortage" of rip-offs.

m
Old 02-12-2003, 06:57 AM
Chebosto
350Z-holic
Premier Member

I'm not painting right this instant because i'm trying to plan/mold pieces off it for other future projects. possibly adding a vent scoop to the nose, or adding brake/air ducts... but its getting painted at my body shop next week after we're done toying with it.

Thanks so much for your concern about interest rates... i'm not in any rush, nor am i trying to be the best Z out there... just takin' my time, learnin' the car. trying to make content for Zdriver.com

Originally posted by SKiDaZZLe
haha...

i got the teins with edfc, i got 19" rims (which were 2500, not 2000). the list goes on and on... and, i dont have a source for a full exhaust system yet, but i have $2k laying around just for that also!!

i guess i can give you some credit for not putting on the kit unpainted... but why buy it now if you cant paint it? you could still be getting interest on that money you spent. believe me... since this kit is just a way for someone to make an ungodly amount of profit (at nismo's expense)... there will be no "shortage" of rip-offs.

m
Old 02-13-2003, 09:16 AM
1200tt

well i haven't checked back on this thread for sometime, but my argument does not have to do with a brand image. It has to do with developing a product, and someone blatently ripping off the same thing and selling it at a lower price.
I see it more like counterfit. Hey if i could buy a fake $100 bill, for $25.00 then you maximize your money right?
It is different than buying 2 different brand batteries. It's not really a fair comparison, because the functionailty, and the shape are uniform, as they need to be.

For example, lets say Madonna is coming out with a new song, that really hasnt hit the stores yet...someone else hears it, and reproduces it EXACTLY the same, and sells it below Madonna's costs of production. It's not competitve market that is at work, it is making money off of someone else's work that is what i dont like.
Old 02-13-2003, 09:24 AM
SKiDaZZLe
Charter Member #34

I'm not painting right this instant because i'm trying to plan/mold pieces off it for other future projects. possibly adding a vent scoop to the nose, or adding brake/air ducts... but its getting painted at my body shop next week after we're done toying with it.
sorry for the misunderstanding, but you can read for yourself what you posted above:

thats tight! my kit is sitting here until i can afford to paint it.
Old 02-13-2003, 09:34 AM
Chebosto
350Z-holic
Premier Member

Well to each their own is the ultimate comment here.

You're taking an object, a phyiscal entity, and you're duplicating it with a slight modification. Your end results are nearly the same, both in appearance and quality. But you're saving a large quantity of money over the original.

I dont know about you, but i work hard for my money. I want to maximize my $ to the best of my abilities... i dont have two grand to toss around like some people just so i can say i have the first of everything or look at me i'm the best. i'm just a consumer who came across a good deal. And thanks to Bavaria, i can.

Now if you're having such a hoot about counterfeiting, why not the big hooprah against those companies making ABS plastic knock-off OEM nissan wings and selling them on ebay too? or why not make make a big deal about rim companies that copy Volk or BBS or Advans? (like Konig, or TSW)

hey. your money is your money. spend it how you please.

--Cheston

Originally posted by 1200tt
well i haven't checked back on this thread for sometime, but my argument does not have to do with a brand image. It has to do with developing a product, and someone blatently ripping off the same thing and selling it at a lower price.
I see it more like counterfit. Hey if i could buy a fake $100 bill, for $25.00 then you maximize your money right?
It is different than buying 2 different brand batteries. It's not really a fair comparison, because the functionailty, and the shape are uniform, as they need to be.

For example, lets say Madonna is coming out with a new song, that really hasnt hit the stores yet...someone else hears it, and reproduces it EXACTLY the same, and sells it below Madonna's costs of production. It's not competitve market that is at work, it is making money off of someone else's work that is what i dont like.
Old 02-13-2003, 09:38 AM
Chebosto
350Z-holic
Premier Member

Oooh. sorry master. i bow down to you.

sorry for the misunderstanding, but you can read for yourself what you posted above:
Old 02-13-2003, 11:52 AM
1200tt

I dont doubt that you work hard for your money. i do too...

I do look down upon all the fake OEM and the fake wheels out in the market as well.

If I have the $1,000 to spend on a car part, I would end up saving to get the real stuff, or putting hte money into other things such as suspension, or wheels, or exhaust. It's just my personal way i fix up my car. I do things the right way or I dont do them at all.

Dont get me wrong, I'm not bashing or anything...i'm just saying it's a real shame that people respond so well to something that is morally & legally wrong. Especially, when in the long run the companies that are hurt the most are the ones that did the work, spent the time and money to make these great products.
Old 02-13-2003, 01:52 PM
shagz

I'm cool with knockoffs as long as they're legal.
Btw, are any of these kits windtunnel tested?
Old 02-13-2003, 02:34 PM
MATIX

haha...

Just a little sidenote, you can get those rims for right around 2g's (a little bit more) I paid like 2125 for mine....
Old 02-24-2003, 07:26 PM
z461

Originally posted by MATIX
Just a little sidenote, you can get those rims for right around 2g's (a little bit more) I paid like 2125 for mine....
Hmm.. I might get myself an extra set in case I curb my TE's.. I didn't know the GT-C's were around 2100. Each TE-37 is around 600-650 dollars.
Old 02-24-2003, 09:57 PM
all_bark

this sounds like a ***** slapping contest!

On a side note,
Skidazzle - your car is beautiful. Probably the nicest I've seen.
Old 02-25-2003, 11:39 AM
z461

Originally posted by all_bark
this sounds like a ***** slapping contest!

On a side note,
Skidazzle - your car is beautiful. Probably the nicest I've seen.
I'll have to second that opinion. His car is heavily modded, everything I like on it but the spoiler, but that's personal preference.